Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Patrington
    • By Patrington 10th Jan 19, 10:18 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Patrington
    Which teaching union
    • 10th Jan 19, 10:18 PM
    Which teaching union 10th Jan 19 at 10:18 PM
    Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on teaching unions. I have always been a member of the NUT but I am looking to change due to both the increasing price of being a member, as well as not sharing their ethos in terms of strike action.

I have looked at a few and am interested in the two below.
    - Edapt
    - ASCL

If anyone has used either union or has any pros/cons about them, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Page 1
    • lulu650
    • By lulu650 10th Jan 19, 10:31 PM
    • 977 Posts
    • 1,002 Thanks
    lulu650
    • 10th Jan 19, 10:31 PM
    • 10th Jan 19, 10:31 PM
    NUT and ATL have merged to become the National Education Union covering support staff up to senior management.

ASCL are for senior management in schools and colleges.

EDAPT are not a trade union.

Speak to the trade union reps you have at your school or college to get an idea of what help they can give you if you were suspended or faced capability procedures for example.
    Saving money right, left and centre
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,592Posts Today

7,835Users online

Martin's Twitter