My John Lewis Card

Hi would be interested in any help or assistance , although I have had a My John Lewis card for some time I have never received and rewards, I have not used my card every time in store but John Lewis account online has my details but once again never received any rewards.
On my online orders if my account and rewards card details are present should I receive points or rewards in any way ?
Some purchases online and in store are present but some orders have never appeared or been rewarded.

Hope someone can please answer some of my questions, I even phoned up the JL helpline and was told that as a gesture of good will vouchers would be sent through the post, this was some 2 weeks ago none have arrived.
There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
:)
:A UK Resident :A

Comments

• missile
    missile Posts: 11,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Strange. On occasion I get rewards through the post for a card I never use.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Perhaps this problem is more widespread any more problems please.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    With your JL card your meant to receive vouchers for a free coffee and cake plus some others, I get 3 or 4 a year. It's not a points card but more a way to track your purchases.

I take it you have checked your opted in to receive promotional stuff ?
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    With your JL card your meant to receive vouchers for a free coffee and cake plus some others, I get 3 or 4 a year. It's not a points card but more a way to track your purchases.

I take it you have checked your opted in to receive promotional stuff ?

That's right have never received vouchers for free tea / coffee, surely if a purchase is made through your account it should show on your online account?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I received vouchers for a couple of years but then they dried up. When I rang them they did the sames as for you, sent me some as a goodwill gesture. Then yesterday the next lot of regular vouchers appeared, so hopefully whatever glitch they had has been resolved.

One thing you might want to consider is to download their App, go paperless on the rewards, and (they say) you will see when they are next due and get notified when they are available.

Of course, with their profits slashed to next to nothing they may well do away with rewards altogether.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've had the same issue - I stopped receiving any rewards whereas my partner (who also has a card and spends very little at JL) got lots of them. I did ask about this once and they said that I'd opted out, I hadn't but my account had somehow switched that off. I changed it back and got one set of vouchers, but then it happened again. I'm convinced that JL and Waitrose have an issue with their IT systems as we have the same problem with Waitrose but the other way round - I get vouchers but my OH doesn't. I could also never get the old 'my offers' to work with Waitrose.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Callie22 wrote: »
    I've had the same issue - I stopped receiving any rewards whereas my partner (who also has a card and spends very little at JL) got lots of them. I did ask about this once and they said that I'd opted out, I hadn't but my account had somehow switched that off. I changed it back and got one set of vouchers, but then it happened again. I'm convinced that JL and Waitrose have an issue with their IT systems as we have the same problem with Waitrose but the other way round - I get vouchers but my OH doesn't. I could also never get the old 'my offers' to work with Waitrose.

As mentioned use your smart phone for the John Lewis benefits.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    As mentioned use your smart phone for the John Lewis benefits.

Even if you use the app, you still have to go via the website to set your marketing preferences - you can't do this via the app, it just takes you to the website. It looks like if these are set to no (or not set at all) then you don't get the vouchers, even if your preferences for the 'my John Lewis' bit are set to yes. The problem I have is that mine keep resetting for no apparent reason. As I said, it looks like there are issues with the John Lewis (and partners, so Waitrose too) website. It's not the end of the world but as I have spent time in systems testing I do find bad ones irritating.
  • Hi. I though this was about a John Lewis (& Partners) Mastercard which is what I have. Is "my John Lewis" card something else?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi. I though this was about a John Lewis (& Partners) Mastercard which is what I have. Is "my John Lewis" card something else?

There's absolutely nothing that anybody has written in the thread to suggest that it's about a credit card, it's the JL loyalty card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure