PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Wow Catshark that isn't great :(, just plain rude !

..will the work be sorted by xmas or is it big stuff you are doing ?
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Fingers crossed for action for you Jo Jo x
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    Hope everyone waiting to exchange gets good news soon! It's reassuring for the rest of us when posters return with positive updates/moving day stories :D

Having been lurking, I'm now tentatively joining this thread.....

We accepted an offer on our house 13/10. Our buyers are not selling their current house and we hope to buy another [STRIKE]wreck[/STRIKE] empty property, so a very short chain.

All was progressing towards an extremely speedy exchange when a potential hiccup arose with our sale. This is now resolved and our buyers want to exchange ASAP with completion in the New Year.

That's great as we are really struggling to get an offer accepted on one of the very few houses that we'd be happy to buy and this way we get to spend Christmas in comfort rather than a tent, lol :rotfl:

When we do manage to have an offer accepted, we'll be buying with cash from our sale so no mortgage to arrange etc etc.

I still think our buyers are being rather optimistic re: exchange and reckon mid December is more likely, but we'll see.......
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • JoJo1978
    Options
    Well sadly for our vendors it does seem that their purchase is a no-go for whatever reason, at least not in the short term. But now they have had time to think clearly they would like to work with us on getting their sale done with us.

To that end we've arranged a conversation directly with them tomorrow so that away from sols and EAs we can discuss our respective needs and wants. Human to human, then we'll pass back to the sols.

So still in a sort of 'what is our forwarding address' limbo but one way or another progressing much more quickly than Brexit. It really ain't over til it's over peeps. Will update Tomo.
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    JoJo1978 wrote: »
    Well sadly for our vendors it does seem that their purchase is a no-go for whatever reason, at least not in the short term. But now they have had time to think clearly they would like to work with us on getting their sale done with us.

To that end we've arranged a conversation directly with them tomorrow so that away from sols and EAs we can discuss our respective needs and wants. Human to human, then we'll pass back to the sols.

So still in a sort of 'what is our forwarding address' limbo but one way or another progressing much more quickly than Brexit. It really ain't over til it's over peeps. Will update Tomo.

Oh my Jo-Jo, really hope you can progress it all ..you sound remarkably calm !!!
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Hope everyone waiting to exchange gets good news soon! It's reassuring for the rest of us when posters return with positive updates/moving day stories :D

Having been lurking, I'm now tentatively joining this thread.....

We accepted an offer on our house 13/10. Our buyers are not selling their current house and we hope to buy another [STRIKE]wreck[/STRIKE] empty property, so a very short chain.

All was progressing towards an extremely speedy exchange when a potential hiccup arose with our sale. This is now resolved and our buyers want to exchange ASAP with completion in the New Year.

That's great as we are really struggling to get an offer accepted on one of the very few houses that we'd be happy to buy and this way we get to spend Christmas in comfort rather than a tent, lol :rotfl:

When we do manage to have an offer accepted, we'll be buying with cash from our sale so no mortgage to arrange etc etc.

I still think our buyers are being rather optimistic re: exchange and reckon mid December is more likely, but we'll see.......

phoebe1989 ..our buyer wants to be in for xmas ...i think they are being optimistic ..where will you go though as you don't have an offer accepted ?
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    phoebe1989 ..our buyer wants to be in for xmas ...i think they are being optimistic ..where will you go though as you don't have an offer accepted ?

We get to stay here till the New Year and meantime we're revisiting - online, that is as we're looking to move long distance (again :o) - properties we've previously viewed/offered on/have discounted for whatever reason in the last couple of months ;)

*If* we succeed in getting an offer accepted we're looking at using a different conveyancing solicitor to that we're using for our sale - one that can do an extra-speedy turnaround!

Last time we moved - 200 miles - we completed on sale and purchase the week before Christmas. Didn't really fancy doing that again, but I really expected our buyers would want to be in for Christmas like yours. Thankfully for us they don't :D

We'll probably spend Boxing Day packing though, lol!

How close to exchange d'you think you are, Littlebobo?
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    personally i would say we are still a way off TBH ..given that i am currently on hold to the bank because the mortgage valuation came back stating the house we are moving to is 3 bed when it's marketed as 4 bed they are saying they are treating it as urgent ...but even given that it will take them 2 days to respond !!!!!
  • clairesilverspar
    Options
    Looks like we'll be in for Christmas...fingers crossed. Though if I've learnt anything from this thread, it could all change last minute..

We're going in to sign everything on Tuesday, for exchange on Thursday, to complete a week later. Fingers crossed.

Need to go close my ISA now so I can get the closing statement etc.
  • Flutterbat17
    Options
    So our solicitor has been unusually difficult to get hold of this week. After several calls to their receptionist we receive an email to say they are still waiting on me signing some paperwork!! I’ve now signed it twice!!! First time they claimed it was ‘lost in the post’ second time it was hand delivered into their offices on Monday. I’m getting really annoyed with them now.

We are ready to exchange so they have wasted this week!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback