PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Enquiries

Hey guys, I'm a FTB who has been currently going through the buying process since the end of may. There are no chains involved. We have been waiting on final replies from the sellers solicitors, which we received the other day after speaking to the EA, only to find out alot of it was missing so now back to waiting again!! How often do you recommend asking for updates from my solicitor and would you speak to the EA again? What is usually the next stage after this? I have signed my mortgage deed already.

Tia

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    well at some point you'll be ready to exchange. Weekly updates are perfectly ok, especially via email
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My piece of string is this long.

How long is yours?
  • Very long by the sounds of it!! Haha
  • We are in the same situation. The house we have purchased is a deceased persons home and the Executors appear to be struggling to answer the enquiries, my solicitor isn't answering any of my emails... what happens if enquiries can't be answered ( sorry for jumping on your post) xx
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    We are in the same situation. The house we have purchased is a deceased persons home and the Executors appear to be struggling to answer the enquiries, my solicitor isn't answering any of my emails... what happens if enquiries can't be answered ( sorry for jumping on your post) xx

It is quite likely that the executor wont know all the details that you may like. Your solicitor will advise you if it is really important. Sometimes these things can be handled by a relatively cheap insurance policy. Otherwise you can decide that you dont actually care what the answer is.
  • We are in the same situation. The house we have purchased is a deceased persons home and the Executors appear to be struggling to answer the enquiries, my solicitor isn't answering any of my emails... what happens if enquiries can't be answered ( sorry for jumping on your post) xx

Not a problem at all :) I find this forum so useful! I really hope everything comes together for you soon! X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure