Our new Plusnet haggling guide- please share your feedback

Comments

• brewerdave wrote: »
    You might be waiting a long time for the cheque !

Hmm .. I hope not. Last year's came promptly without any chasing ..

There has been a support ticket raised already for the £50 Cash back by the advisor I spoke to last night, so looking promising.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I was immediately offered my current deal with just the £12 annual increase in line rental.

As my sister managed a £2.50/month reduction on a calls package, when Sky were doing the £15 offer, I asked for similar and was told that they are only allowed to deal on broadband and add ons ,because of the BT connection.

I asked if something could be done in the form of a credit and the cs man said he would see if one was available, but could only find the £50 for new customers, so I settled for free caller display, worth 99p/month.
  • teddysmum wrote: »
    I was immediately offered my current deal with just the £12 annual increase in line rental.

As my sister managed a £2.50/month reduction on a calls package, when Sky were doing the £15 offer, I asked for similar and was told that they are only allowed to deal on broadband and add ons ,because of the BT connection.

I asked if something could be done in the form of a credit and the cs man said he would see if one was available, but could only find the £50 for new customers, so I settled for free caller display, worth 99p/month.

I'd try them again maybe ?

I have an email from them confirming the £50 cheque back, and also a copy of the message sent to PlusNet support from the advisor asking for the £50 refund cheque to be raised.

That's all the evidence I need to pursue them if needed (I hope not)
  • Bobbbz
    Bobbbz Posts: 11 Forumite
    Signed up with Plusnet And waited for email from them to claim the £50, no show. So I contacted them via their chat help and was told by a rep, Joe, that no offer was available on my account. He said it was an affiliate offer and that moneysavingexpert.com was responsible for paying it!!!??? So no £50 cashback http://static.moneysavingexpert.com/images/forum_smilies/frown.gif
  • As by way of an update ... my Plusnet contract renewed on the 24th October ... today (27th) a cheque arrived first class post from Plusnet for £50 !

True to their word :)

So - for those of you that are being told by Plusnet that there are no retention offers - keep pushing, as there certainly are
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,626
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Nothing worth having for me on live chat or cancellation phone call. Maybe the offers will come in when my new provider gets in touch.
  • Hi
    My plusnet broadband deal has come to the end of its 12 months. I have tried phoning up and asking for a new deal as new customers are getting with the 50 cashback but they are only offering me deal equivalent to 17.49 a month.
    Can I cancel my contract with them today and sign up as new customer tomorrow or get my partner to sign up instead as it is in my name now

Any thoughts
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,499
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If you actually cancel ,you will definitely be charged the notice period and a cease fee. There will be a break in service which could be weeks!!
    Also, you will find it virtually impossible to retain your phone number, definitely impossible if you try the "partner" route.
    Your best bet is to look for an alternative supplier with a better price, and let them handle the transfer of service. OR use the price of this alternaive service to negotiate further with PN.
  • MY CONTRACT has ended so why should I be charged a cancellation fee ?
    So I wont be able to use the same no why not when I changed over from my last supplier to plusnet they did not change my no ?

any other suggestions for haggling price cut
    thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2017 at 10:58AM
    flopsy1973 wrote: »
    MY CONTRACT has ended so why should I be charged a cancellation fee.......

You are missing the point.

Your contract hasn't ended!

In order to get a new customer deal then you would have to cancel your connection! Meaning a cease fee and loss of the number

Your partner could then apply as a new customer
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure