NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Am I too late to join xx
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Misstara - I don't count my bus travel as spends. I use my oyster, but don't count the top-ups, in the same way that the turtles don't count petrol spends as breaking an NSD. So you may be able to save your spending for another day.

Thanks apple, in that case I'll save my list until tomorrow. There's nothing we desperately need and tomorrow will be a spend day as I'm meeting the girls for tea after work.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
  • laurenh1 wrote: »
    Am I too late to join xx

nope :D welcome :D

check in for yesterday

wasn't a SFD as went to SM £33.22/£160. SFDs 1/15

use it up: oh had a ys pastry that's been in the freezer for a while. I had a portion of soup, 1/2 BNS & some frozen roasted tomato sauce used in a bake.

As it was a SD I purchased 2 xmas gifts and finally made raspberry & processo jam so that's 3 peoples gifts done (planning on making scones and making a little cream tea gift box :) )

exercise - well kinda we had our washing machine delivered and I installed it myself. No mean feat as I'm dinky and it was hard work! Also went to the allotment and did a little digging. Not really sufficient so I won't count that so currently 0/4
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • fruitloop04
    fruitloop04 Posts: 294 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 3 October 2017 at 7:52AM
    First check in!

NSD on the 1st Oct and hoping for another one today. My sister had her first baby on Saturday (whoop!) but has to stay in until at least Wednesday so visited her at the hospital after work yesterday. Ended up buying myself a coffee, water and my sister's OH a meal deal from the cafe, so with parking came to £12.73 :eek: I didn't feel like I could ask for the meal deal money back as they have been through a lot the past couple of days! £5 of that was parking too :( I wouldn't mind so much if the money actually went to the hospital!

So my stats are so far:
    NSDs: 1/20
    Food: £58.58/£280 (this seems a lot written down...will try and shave some off this).
    Personal spends: £12.73
    Extra Income: 30p from cashback site
    Stoptober: Alcohol free days: 2
    Exercise: 20 minutes on Sunday and will do another 20 minutes today.
    01.05.2019 - Re-Mortgage - £142,000 :eek::eek::eek: Total overpaid to date: £15,584.33.
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Check in number 3. Not much to report just now. Took my meter readings yesterday and submitted them. Still well in credit despite the heating being on.

Swim at lunch, lunch to work and dinner is semi-prepped. Will take DS to chess after work and DD to a nearby play park as DH will have to work late again. Won't be able to do that for much longer as it gets dark now at 6/half 7.

DH has noticed now that DS is at an age where he is integrating in the local community more (i.e. more friends life nearby now in walking distance, he started clubs etc) so it might be harder to move (need to upsize due to bedroom shortage). Might get him to think about extension ideas again then ;). Will be very disruptive but selling/buying isn't any more pleasant in my eyes and we'd still have to do some work on the house.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    my First Check in-

I am new to this so please do let me know if I don't get everything down I need to.

This is hopefully my 2nd NSD (aim in 20) - as I spent on Sunday. I did buy tickets for Santa express for my littlies on Saturday but my Mum is giving me cash back so that's good.

Dropped my home made soup on the way to work, which I panicked might mean an unplanned bought lunch, However, I was also bringing someone some eggs and a couple got broken, so I will just make scrambled eggs in the microwave for my lunch.

Sold some toys over the weekend - putting the cash aside for xmas and halloween costumes :)

I would like an exemption for milk, if I may, as I have 2 children under 3!!

Thank you for welcoming me in :)
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    (for f0xholes)

A woman should be two things - Who and What she wants
    Coco Chanel

Well behaved women rarely make history

(for those of us trying to get our houses in order)

The dust bunnies killed my house fairy

I put the mess in domestic

(quite like the latin ones - if you are likely to be offended, please don't translate it)

fututus mori in igni

(for all those who are struggling, but still afloat)

If you can't make your own neuro transmitters, store bought is fine.

My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Sorry to post and run. I wrote replies to you all at 3am this morning but tried to report on my day as well, accidently hit something and lost it.

You are all doing well.

Right now I have the choice of posting or getting dressed, eating, and cooking/ freezing the remaining meat from Saturday and I'm hungry (not sure what to have as ate the last 2 wraps around 5am.

Will try to get back earlier this evening. The old laptop I have taken to mum's only works for a few minutes at a time so I'm now off- line.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I just got my 9 year badge :eek:. More motivation to get this debt gone. By year ten I want to join these challenges to save not to pay off debt.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • moneysavingfamilycomp
    moneysavingfamilycomp Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 October 2017 at 12:34PM
    Hi i'm hoping I can join you all sorry i'm a bit late (story of my life) but i've just found this and I really need the support / motivation.
    heres my list so far:

organise: need to do a proper list but have been using up from freezer cupboards so not loads in.

budget : will be a bit trial and error this month as I don't have a clue other than I know I stay out of the overdraft.(just)
    food = £200 Me, DH, DD, DS and dog
    diesel= £ 50
    school = £20 (£4 school fund, £6 trip, £2 macmilan cake sale already paid)
    beauty = £25 (i need my hair cut)
    clothing= £30 ( kids both need winter boots)

winter: more organised on this sorted kids hats etc from last year, lifted out fleece blankets for beds/sofa and hot water bottles, packed away summer clothes and filled bags for charity shop, hung blanket as curtain over door in playroom/office. changed tariff for gas/elec and applied for warm home discount.

be kind: I always am :)

NSD : i'm aiming for 15 although I do have a lot of low spend days I try to wait till I need something then buy it rather than buying in advance unless it's an offer I can stock up on.

make do: I managed to find an old curtain pole in the shed which I attached over the door in the office I then looped the top of a large blanket over it and safety pinned it to make a door curtain. The kids playroom which doubles as my office is a garage conversion and has a door leading to outside its freezing in winter so i'm hoping this will help.

extra income: I don't work other than being an avon rep. i'm hoping I can put more effort into this to generate more commission for me. I also have some stuff ready to list on ebay and i've restarted doing swagbucks.

christmas: Quite organised. I save with park so have a spending card do to arrive in november, I have also been buying bits all year that I have found on offer and i'm going to try and use some of my stock of avon toiletries as gifts.

exercise: we have a border collie so this isnt usually an issue lol out every night to walk him when DH comes home from work. I also walked the kids to school this morning to save on diesel.

hopefully I can pay off my credit card debt and then start saving for the things that need doing in the house.
    food 6.29/200, diesel o/50, school 12/20, beauty 0/25, clothing 0/30, nsd 1/15
    :coffee:i find a cup of tea can solve most problems:coffee:
    :dance: but alcohol solves them all :dance:
    basic emergency fund 387.87/500
    £1000 emergency fund #290
    mortgage 91,719= 21y 0mnth :eek:
    6 mnths exp 0/6633
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income