IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Co-op cel

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If the letter demanding £140 came from CEL, just fire off the blue text initial appeal letter from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 and see how they respond. They may say it's too late to appeal, but you won't know unless you try; they may possibly send you a POPLA code, but chance is remote. The appeal must be sent in the name of the registered keeper.

If this goes to debt collectors, they can be totally ignored because all they can do is send demanding letters - nothing more. Read post #4 in the above sticky about debt collectors.

If CEL serve court papers, they must be dealt with, do not ignore them (and don't try the 'return to sender' stunt), come back if you get them.

You must also try a formal complaint to the landowner and ask them to intervene and get this cancelled. Start with the Co-op, but as I (and others) have intimated above that we find it quite unbelievable that the Co-op has contracted again with CEL. If it isn't the Co-op, ask them if they know who contracted CEL, then take it from there.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dumday wrote: »
    I have been advised on other sites , to take this route .....
    The registered keeper . sends a letter stating.. 1.They don't have a contract with the co op 2.they have no rights to make a claim 3.they have not created keeper liability 4. They are chasing the wrong person 5. The amount claimed is in breach of the POFA and consumer contracts law. These can't get there act together , with paperwork etc , and threaten you with court but never turn up . Would appreciate any input, about this particular situation ... Don't know what's happened in the past . PS. ANPR Ticket about a month a go

I would suggest that if you take advice from multiple sites
    you could well pick up bad advice.
    Stick with this site or pepipoo as this is where the experts reside

CEL were sacked by the Co-op and then took revenge on
    co-op staff. CEL is a sick company and must be treated as such
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been advised on other sites , to take this route .....
    The registered keeper . sends a letter stating.. 1.They don't have a contract with the co op 2.they have no rights to make a claim 3.they have not created keeper liability 4. They are chasing the wrong person 5. The amount claimed is in breach of the POFA and consumer contracts law. These can't get there act together , with paperwork etc , and threaten you with court but never turn up . Would appreciate any input, about this particular situation ... Don't know what's happened in the past . PS. ANPR Ticket about a month a go

Yes, the keeper can do that when you have done what I suggested in my earlier post. At this stage the keeper is NOT at appeal stage, but my method should rewind the clock, that's the point. Do not call him the 'driver' only the 'keeper'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • dumday
    dumday Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I have contacted the co- op they don't own the land .so they don't deal with it anymore . the landowners rent out the car park to the Cowboys . I am quite a way down the road with appeals etc , so I guess I just have to sit tight. With the defence I stated what do you think
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I have contacted the co- op they don't own the land .so they don't deal with it anymore . the landowners rent out the car park to the Cowboys . I am quite a way down the road with appeals etc , so I guess I just have to sit tight. With the defence I stated what do you think

I knew the Co-op would not be directly involved in this. I'm also 99.99% certain that the land isn't rented out to CEL either.

You can find out exactly who the landowner is via The Land Registry for about £4 (do it online), then complain to the landowner.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 September 2017 at 5:56PM
    Options

always dout them , the coop washed there hands of hundreds of customers

optimum word is "any more" , your search should be for the time period involved , not now

an interesting quirk , might be if DEAL were involved , they are no more , but may actually own 88% of the claim
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I am quite a way down the road with appeals etc , so I guess I just have to sit tight.
    No.

I am trying for a third time to tell you how to reset this to appeal stage, then I give up:
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Was the PCN a postal one? If so, I would be tempted to reply (as you) saying that letters have arrived which relate to the keeper of VRN xxxxxx but in fact he lives at (Uni address) so they will need to send him a PCN at his address and cease writing to your home.

Don't say who was driving, don't write an appeal just write (email in fact) as you, saying the above.

If the first PCN was a postal one then CEL *should* send him a new PCN to his Uni address, which means he can then appeal as if it was at the start. And tell him not to talk about the machine not working (surely Co-op car parks were free?) and not to imply who was driving.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • dumday
    dumday Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Sent email with keepers address to c e l . I am getting that much info my heads spinning Ta
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    when was the origional ticket issued?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    when was the origional ticket issued?

Yep, more than 24 hours since asking, no response to the question. Post #3.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport