PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yay "go" for Fuddle and Burtha and Monna, all for different reasons. You lot make me feel tired by what you all accomplish :T.
    Hester What a heck of a mistake to make ! I hope your DD got a full apology.
    I didn't have a very good night either, there was a lot of other peoples recycling rolling about in the wind. I also thought I heard someone knocking on my door at 5.30am and it startled me, I looked but no one was there and I know I wasn't dreaming. Very strange :undecided.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Another one who slept badly last night, the moonlight was almost daylight bright even at 3 am and there was an awful lot of either river traffic with big cargo boats going out and coming in or aircraft activity. Both engines sound similar and you can't always find the direction the noise is coming from but it was loud enough to wake me and keep me awake. Drifted off again after 5 and slept through to 7.30.

Biggest treat of the day was on the way out along one of the lanes for a walkies this afternoon and there nestled cosily under a beech hedge were the very first two deeply purple velvety violet flowers fully open and absolutely beautiful! Happy February!!!
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 February 2018 at 4:17PM
    Options
    Bitter cold wind - NorWest here. Walked up to do my stint at the local Age concern and on the way back lots of birds in the shrubs of the gardens - a little wren flew right in front of me into a shrub and started singing - absolutely beautiful - like you MrsL I do love a bit of serendipity. Hopefully spring is starting to spring
    Do keep us updated Fuddle - we do like it when authority gets challenged! (I'm sure there must be something in Human Rights that you could use!)
    Hester - my granny used to say keep your neck, ankles and wrists warm as that's where the arteries are near the surface. (get those furry restraints out ;) ) Why on earth did the police think it was your grandson?? Mind Boggling and very upsetting for your DD.
    Off to the local arts centre tonight - tickets courtesy of DS1 to see Harriet - she's supposed to be very like Karen Carpenter, we shall see.
    Hope everyone has a good day and doesn't do a Mary Poppins in this wind!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening my lovely Fencers.

I'm still fighting this flu virus but I'm feeling much better and eating again. I'm rather exhausted after a few trying days at work and little sleep last night, so another early night for me.

Hope you are all well :) xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Mar, reading back I've realised my answer didn't make sense, the boat is warm and I'm always warm in bed but when I'm tired I get cold and can't get warm whatever I try, thanks for all the suggestions.
    I did finally have a warm shower and then a snooze.
    When the child was arrested with over £1000 worth of stolen electronics he was asked his name, he gave my grandsons name and home phone number instead of his own. He was hoping his parents wouldn't find out.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Karcher I'm glad you are on the mend.
    SS, that's a good idea.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    We have had bitter cold wind today. Been to town, nearly got blown away a few times. Went into B*nmache for some trousers, got just what I wanted, they do 25 in inside leg. Lots of jumpers reduced so I bough 5 in all the colours that suite me.

I will have turn out all the jumpers I have had a long while or I will not get them in my draws. I may sort out my chest of draws tomorrow and take some stuff to the hospice shop.

DS was cooking dinner when I got back. He started unpacking my stuff. He picked up the big bag.

What's all this?

I said "I spent £80 on myself."

"What on yarn?"

"No clothes, I just put the yarn in there to keep clean."

He thought I had spent £80 on yarn. :rotfl::rotfl:
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    Glad I'm not that boy's mother he would be in double trouble. hester
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hester

Sometimes I used to say to DH that I was cold and he would suggest putting the fire on etc but I would wail "I am cold from the inside!"

A hot drink and a hot water bottle would really help - even bedsocks!! Was I a glamourpuss or what!
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 February 2018 at 8:23PM
    Options
    Mar, reading back I've realised my answer didn't make sense, the boat is warm and I'm always warm in bed but when I'm tired I get cold and can't get warm whatever I try, thanks for all the suggestions.

I completely understand that and have the same trouble myself.

The chilled through to the bone type cold.

My only solution was soaking in a hot bath but I doubt you have such things on your boat, I don't have a bath here and boy do I miss it.

(I experienced similar at the start of this virus until the fever and cold shakes took over!)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport