Problems with broadband speed help

Hi, I'm have trouble with my broadband speed with sky fibre. Im tied in to a contract until april 2018. I've run diagnostics ect but sky seems to think it's all fine, yet I'm getting 13mbps on sky fibre at low peak times and I was quoted to receive between 22.9-32.1 mbps (I have moved house recently so that was quoted on my previous address) Im paying a lot of money out to sky and the broadband speed is affecting our sky q boxes too. We can't download any thing onto the sky Q box if any one is playing games online other wise the game cuts out and glitches. The sky Q mini box often cant find a connection so is basically useless. So I'm paying for sky q and broadband and can't really use it. Do I have any rights or is there anything I can do about this? Thanks in advance x

Comments

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Did you get a minimum speed spec from Sky? I have Sky ADSL and I got a minimum speed from them at sign up and they stated that if the speed dropped below that limit and they couldn't fix it then I could leave without penalty.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Missprim29 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm have trouble with my broadband speed with sky fibre. Im tied in to a contract until april 2018. I've run diagnostics ect but sky seems to think it's all fine, yet I'm getting 13mbps on sky fibre at low peak times and I was quoted to receive between 22.9-32.1 mbps (I have moved house recently so that was quoted on my previous address) Im paying a lot of money out to sky and the broadband speed is affecting our sky q boxes too. We can't download any thing onto the sky Q box if any one is playing games online other wise the game cuts out and glitches. The sky Q mini box often cant find a connection so is basically useless. So I'm paying for sky q and broadband and can't really use it. Do I have any rights or is there anything I can do about this? Thanks in advance x

You need to check the quoted speed for your current address, previous address has no relevance.
  • It's the speed at peak times you need to be concerned with, if that is 13Mbps then you're doing okay and Sky Q won't struggle (obviously this won't affect your signal through the dish).

The mini boxes connect to the main box through WiFi and has nothing to do with your broadband.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post

The mini boxes connect to the main box through WiFi and has nothing to do with your broadband.

Perhaps there is a problem with a piece of equipment causing interference. It need not be new,but in a different place to where it was in the other house.

When having problems with my PlusNet signal, they asked me to unplug the base of the cordless phone , while they ran tests, as interference is often caused by phones (though not in my case).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure