Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• sheffieldeagle
    Options
    I chatted on Friday and was offered 40% but it works out at just 12% off the standard discount they were offering in the Sky shop for an 18 month contract. I've declined and will try again when I contact to cancel.
  • ducky1979
    Options
    I was offered 60% last year and fibre broadband and Sky q! That deal has ended now and I’ve rang up to cancel. I was initially offered 40% off but I declined.l, left it a few days and tried again and was still offered 40% with a £25 credit. Today I again was offered the same. I think I’ll be actually cancelling it this time. 40% after 17 years as a loyal customer is like a punch in the throat. Not really happy to lose Sky if I’m honest as it is what’s we’re ised to now. But I’m seriously thinking about Freesat and maybe a Now TV box for anything else. Be very sad to leave sky but at £68 a month for just box sets, cinema and multiroom I’ll have to cancel. What’s really annoying is my mate rang up yesterday and instantly got 50% off his package. So annoying.
  • superbigal36
    superbigal36 Posts: 734 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 October 2017 at 7:24PM
    Options
    Okay I did not need to negotiate this year as happy with opening offer. Chap much more honest than usual.
    Scenario
    Recontracted 30th October 2016 with Full Tv Package at 50% discount with HD and multiroom for 12 months .
    Called 2 days later. Cancelled multiroom and requested upgrade to Sky Q 2Gb. This was the cheapest way to do the actual upgrade (Install and box costs) at which point I added the 2nd box/multiscreen back in. Also went with Sports HD.
    Tv discounts of 50% were transferred giving £37 and I then also paid for £12 multiscreen and £6 HD
    Total (I actually got 6 months 50% on the HD) of £55 per month instead of full price £92

So tonight after getting through to a helpful soul in Glasgow he immediately offered the exact same deal for a further 12 months.
    On pushing for potential HD discount as it appears new customers can get it for £2 on 18 month deals. He said I could sign up for 18 months but his discount dropped to 40%. Then with the £4 saving on HD it actually made it more expensive overall.
    This guy did not play stupid and deny further discounts could arrive if I proceeded to cancel. He even agreed I may well get an automated email asking me to come back within 10 minutes (As I did last year).
    Quite refreshing to get what I was happy to accept within 5 minutes of calling.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ducky1979 wrote: »
    40% after 17 years as a loyal customer is like a punch in the throat.
    But your posting history shows that you've had more than one previous retention deal since at least 2009! :eek:

Hardly a "loyal" customer if you regularly threaten to cancel.. ;)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=24381729
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    a few days into cancellation. Oddly the offers on all three platforms (webiste, app and sky box) are consistent! sadly it`s only 30% off though.

Does anyone know if these offers get updated at random times or is there a certain time they change? It`ll save me looking so often if I can find out!
    Cheers.
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • sheffieldeagle
    Options
    Are the discounts offered after a cancellation request based on the existing rolling contract or on a new 12 or 18 month contract?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Are the discounts offered after a cancellation request based on the existing rolling contract or on a new 12 or 18 month contract?

It could be any of those, every call is different.
  • kthseat
    kthseat Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    was offered 50% at time of cancellation, but was on 60% deal. online thereafter was 30%, but received a letter offering 50% about a week before account due to end.
  • sheffieldeagle
    Options
    Just accepted Sky's latest offer over chat. My current discount period was ending today. They offered me £44.80 on an 18 month contract last week. Chatting today they offered £40.50 for my package: Original, HD Mix and complete sports. Not amazing I know but I'm happy with that.
  • antispam246
    Options
    Spent a few weeks back and forth with sky team and retentions.

Originally had Sky Boxsets TV package only (Originally Sky Family), was looking to add broadband and get a Sky Q Box.

About 2 weeks ago after a couple of dealings with sky then eventually sky retentions I was offered;

Sky Boxsets £26 pm 18 months
    Sky Fibre Fax £13.99 off and line rental £9.99 + Sky Q Hub 18 months
    Sky Q 1TB Box £20 install/setup (one off)

I cancelled, all my contracts were up so I did have a few choices elsewhere,

I went back to them the other day with a week left before closure date and took the following deal

Sky Boxsets 50% off £19 pm 12/18 months
    Sky Fibre Max + line rental + Sky Q Hub £25pm 18/18 months
    Sky Q Box 1TB £20 one-off

They also stated that at the end of 12 months TV discount they would be happy to re-negociate (kept the chat transcript for that)

I know there's been better deals, I've had them in the past, only been with sky for 3 years so I'm happy with that.

I did push for more but they weren't budging and I'd already hit my target so would have simply been a bonus.

For the record I tried the following,

- Free weekends/evenings - nope
    - Standard multiroom price with free weekends/evenings - nope
    - £20 account credit - nope
    - Everything on rolling/12 month contracts - nope
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business