Raisin.co.uk are a disgrace

Options

Comments

• veryintrigued
    Options
    deutsch wrote: »
    I'm yet to receive my £10 bonus after opting in. I've logged into the Raisin account and checked my online banking (just in case it was deposited like the £50 bonus).

Did you miss this post directly above yours?

The launch has been delayed. The bonus is dependent on the launch.....
  • VDOT47
    VDOT47 Posts: 277 Forumite
    Options
    Received my £20 bonus this week - process was very simple. Emailed them in the prescribed form within 30 days of opening the savings account, got an acknowledgement email then a couple of weeks later (well within the 60 days quoted) I received another email telling me the bonus would be paid soon and then it arrived in my linked bank account as promised.
    Original Mortgage (Feb '17) £269,995
    Current Mortgage (End 11/19) £226,790
    End Date November 2039 Original End Date February 2042
  • Wearside
    Wearside Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have not received the £10 bonus either, nor has my wife. The account details remain the same as when I opened the account. Obviously Starling Bank have not yet flown in!
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    Options
    Received following message from Raisin today.

''

Good morning,

We have experienced some unexpected delays however we are currently in the process of migrating all of our customers to the new platform and will notify you once completed. You have indeed successfully opted in and will receive your £10 bonus within 7 business days of your Raisin Starling Account becoming operational.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Kind regards,

Raisin UK Customer Services.
  • SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I opened a account with raisin on 3rd sept so i don't qualify for a starling opt in bonus, and i am still on the raisin platform.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Looks like things are finally starting to move on the Starling account front as had this email today:

"We're adding the finishing touches to a new look Raisin UK website and your new Raisin UK Account

Thank you for opting-in for a new Raisin UK Account powered by Starling Bank.

Our enhanced services will be ready soon, but between Monday 12th November and Monday 19th November our website will go through a brief pause period while we prepare your new Raisin UK Account.

During this period, you won't be able to apply for any savings products, and while you can still log in and view the savings products that you've already purchased, you won't be able to make any changes to your account. Once our pause period is over, we will send you a link to log into your new Raisin UK Account where you'll have the opportunity to set a new password."
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Shedman wrote: »
    Once our pause period is over, we will send you a link to log into your new Raisin UK Account where you'll have the opportunity to set a new password.

Opportunity? Weasel words!

What they really mean is "you'll be forced to set a new password"!

Actually, it's inevitable if Raisin have done their job properly and currently store our passwords in hashed/encrypted form, the new Starling-based system won't be able to access the existing password, so it has to be reset. So, it's a good thing but why use management-speak?
  • MABLE
    Options
    Shedman wrote: »
    Looks like things are finally starting to move on the Starling account front as had this email today:

"We're adding the finishing touches to a new look Raisin UK website and your new Raisin UK Account

Thank you for opting-in for a new Raisin UK Account powered by Starling Bank.

Our enhanced services will be ready soon, but between Monday 12th November and Monday 19th November our website will go through a brief pause period while we prepare your new Raisin UK Account.

During this period, you won't be able to apply for any savings products, and while you can still log in and view the savings products that you've already purchased, you won't be able to make any changes to your account. Once our pause period is over, we will send you a link to log into your new Raisin UK Account where you'll have the opportunity to set a new password."

Getting all very exciting now. We and my significant half are looking forward to the £20 bonus in time for Christmas.
  • wizk1
    wizk1 Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pafpcg wrote: »
    Opportunity? Weasel words!

What they really mean is "you'll be forced to set a new password"!

Actually, it's inevitable if Raisin have done their job properly and currently store our passwords in hashed/encrypted form, the new Starling-based system won't be able to access the existing password, so it has to be reset. So, it's a good thing but why use management-speak?

Perhaps it's in Meteor's best interests not to share information about their hashing algorithm, and instead just allow the recreation of a new hashed password and salt. But hey, let's not let a fear-mongering conspiracy theory get in the way of a plausible explanation.
  • MABLE
    Options
    I was able to log into my new account tonight. However my significant half tried to but said account not recognised. Oh well!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure