gt568 Posts: 2,494 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thank god for that!
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,520 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    We were there in April. Can!!!8217;t say we had a problem getting a drink at the slot machines. We went to Mirage, Cromwell, Bally!!!8217;s, PH, Aria, NYNY and Tropicana in a two week time span.

Cromwell, now there's a joke. Ever notice that no one sits at the bar and plays VP? That's because their rule is you have to play FIRST, get the blue light, then they will give you a drink.

We've never had trouble getting sloshed. Some of the higher end places that you think would be tight at the bars are the best, because the quality of drink is better.

Ceasers sports bar is great, quarter machines, single bet and they will serve you all night long.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    stoneman wrote: »
    Cromwell, now there's a joke. Ever notice that no one sits at the bar and plays VP? That's because their rule is you have to play FIRST, get the blue light, then they will give you a drink.

We've never had trouble getting sloshed. Some of the higher end places that you think would be tight at the bars are the best, because the quality of drink is better.

Ceasers sports bar is great, quarter machines, single bet and they will serve you all night long.
    We never play at the bar tops. OH doesn’t care for VP, so we are usually playing machines on the floor. I can’t say I’ve noticed a downturn in service anywhere.
  • gamboller
    gamboller Posts: 189 Forumite
    contemplating trip to Vegas number 8 in early October. Sort of 40/60 on booking at this stage. Will decide by 15th August.

Hadn't looked at myVegas rewards since last trip in February. Seems pointless at this stage with the paltry "rewards". Managed to maintain some TR credits from the good days of social rewards to use in February but have none left and no proper offers from TR properties
  • gamboller
    gamboller Posts: 189 Forumite
    Hi does anyone have the link for the calendar on free hotel rooms with myVegas rewards. Have been purchasing the rewards and seeing if the dayes work but at the max 5 cancellation stage
  • pebblesmax
    gamboller wrote: »
    Hi does anyone have the link for the calendar on free hotel rooms with myVegas rewards. Have been purchasing the rewards and seeing if the dayes work but at the max 5 cancellation stage
    I’m not sure, but if you join Vegas Message Board, they have a three that updates the calendars regularly.

You should be able to see some of the threads without joining. I’ll have a look now and see if I can get a link for you.
  • pebblesmax
    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/2016-2017-2018-room-reward-calendars.132246/page-5

A link. You may need to join to see it, but it!!!8217;s free.
    Informative message board too.
  • Hovis91
    Hovis91 Posts: 285 Forumite
    So had an email today to say our flights with Thomas Cook for November have been changed to flying with Air Tanker( sounds like a wind up right?!!!) I have checked and they are a partner of TC .Does anyone have any experience of flying with them?? I know the in flight entertainment isn't good..it's a drop down screen for everyone or you download an app before you go and stream it on to your tablet / phone whilst onboard.Fortunatley hadn't already pre booked our seats ...will do it this week though.
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    We fly with Thomas Cook next Month.
    We fly direct to Vegas, but the return is indirect using air tanker.
    TC have changed flight times 3 times already, each one more inconvenient.
    Not too fussed about the Air Tanker on the way back, as we usually watch one film then try to get some sleep, which never usually happens.
    Not that bothered over the in flight entertainment options either,as we have plenty of films loaded onto iPads to watch.

I will let you know how we found it on our return home.
  • pebblesmax
    I can!!!8217;t say there was much difference between TC and Air tanker last time we flew to be honest. Same movies, same food, not free alcohol, etc.

I don!!!8217;t think that they have a different class (premium or whatever) but we rarely bother with that anyway. I think the plane being 100% economy seating was the biggest difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure