Job Seekers Allowance has Been Stopped

Comments

• tina1969
    tina1969 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Thank you for all your comments....

Firstly my son is not a lay about.....
    That particular fortnight in question he attended two interviews but was unsuccessful
    The job in question was a factory position
    The same job he is accused of not applying when he did but we cannot prove it as it was postal application
    He was accused of not applying and the closing date was still open
  • Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Why doesn't he apply to the advert I've posted?
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Conor wrote: »
    The Jobcentre Plus website lists plenty within 20 miles of Birmingham listed this last week.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.
    Have you applied for the factory process worker vacancies that the agencies are advertising for? Only qualification required for those is having a pulse and they're always wanting people.

I can guarantee you I can find you work within a week or a fortnight at the outside. Everyone who has said to me they can't find a job I've found them work within a couple of days.

Here you go..

No previous experience necessary as training will be given. Duties to include working in a warehouse, washing crates, loading crates into a machine and ensuring crates are clean. This position is based in Curdworth and is temporary for 6 weeks possible moving to permanent for the correct candidate.

You can apply for this job by telephoning 0121 5533388 and asking for Patrick Sistrik.

Off you go then...

There is no need to be sarky, I am a fully qualified PA, due to my disability, I am in the process with the jobcentre's help to set up my own business. For your information I have arranged do go fruit picking - hard work for little money not that I am complaining because I love fruit picking.

You have missed your vocation in life Conor - go and get yourself a job in the jobcentre and please do not give me advice when you do not know my circumstances - for your information I have a severe visual impairment and am classed as being partially sighted. I would be grateful if, in future you could keep your unhelpful, sarky comments to yourself:mad:

Apologies to the original OP. It just makes me sick when people are so judgemental.
  • Conor_3
    Horace wrote: »
    You have missed your vocation in life Conor - go and get yourself a job in the jobcentre and please do not give me advice when you do not know my circumstances - for your information I have a severe visual impairment and am classed as being partially sighted.

I've got 3 knackered discs in my lower spine. The top one is inoperable. So what? Doesn't stop me from working.

My daughter has a visual impairment. Didn't stop her going to Uni and getting a job. Stop wallowing in excuses.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    tina1969 wrote: »
    Thank you for all your comments....

Firstly my son is not a lay about.....
    That particular fortnight in question he attended two interviews but was unsuccessful
    The job in question was a factory position
    The same job he is accused of not applying when he did but we cannot prove it as it was postal application
    He was accused of not applying and the closing date was still open

Has he now resent his application tina1969? This will go a long way towards him getting the JSA reinstated.

A tip for the future - always get proof of postage when sending job applications, and if possible, send them Recorded Delivery x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dmg24
    I've got 3 knackered discs in my lower spine. The top one is inoperable. So what? Doesn't stop me from working.

My daughter has a visual impairment. Didn't stop her going to Uni and getting a job. Stop wallowing in excuses.

Conor, if it is so easy to find work, why were you asking about signing on a few weeks ago?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=902197

Ignore him tina1969, Conor was one of these people that was born a moaning old man. ;)
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Conor_3
    dmg24 wrote: »
    Conor, if it is so easy to find work, why were you asking about signing on a few weeks ago?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=902197

Because its something I was pondering during a dark moment. The following day I got off my !!!! and went and found work and have been flat out since then. Took me all of half a day to find work. Quite funny really seeing that it's supposed to be an area with high unemployment yet I can find work within half a day.

To the suggestion about me working for the JSA. I'd love to. I'd have every single person who had been signing on for 6 months or more in for interview and give every one of them a bit of paper for a job and those who moaned because it was factory work and they didn't want to do it even though they had been on JSA for more than 6 months would get their claim cancelled if they didn't go.

And as for effort finding a job, I've walked up and down industrial estates knocking on every door in the past asking if there were any jobs. If I can do it, there's no reason why anybody else shouldn't.
  • dmg24
    Because its something I was pondering during a dark moment. The following day I got off my !!!! and went and found work and have been flat out since then. Took me all of half a day to find work.

To the suggestion about me working for the JSA. I'd love to. I'd have every single person who had been signing on for 6 months or more in for interview and give every one of them a bit of paper for a job and those who moaned because it was factory work and they didn't want to do it even though they had been on JSA for more than 6 months would get their claim cancelled if they didn't go.

And as for effort finding a job, I've walked up and down industrial estates knocking on every door in the past asking if there were any jobs. If I can do it, there's no reason why anybody else shouldn't.

Your post count on here makes it very clear that you are not working flat out. I'm not saying that you are not working, but exaggeration only discredits what you say, and makes you look silly.

Maybe tina1969's son is having a dark moment? Perhaps you should consider things like this, and the feelings of posters, before having a go at them?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Conor - I was briefly on JSA a few years ago (although I was only claiming 50p a week because I was also doing 15 hours a week in my friend's shop).

I was applying for the basic factory/warehouse type jobs but it's funny, when they see that you've been earning £30k as a Marketing Manager, they don't tend to take your application very seriously. There is such a thing as "overqualified" and there's good reason for it - anyone with those qualifications is going to continue seeking "proper" employment whilst working in the low-level job. They therefore won't be personally invested in the work, may take time off to attend interviews etc (under the guise of sick-leave) and will walk out some time after resource has been spent on training them up.

So, although your argument of "anyone can get a job" may well apply to school-leavers and unqualified people, it can in fact be much harder once you're on an established career path that gets interrupted.
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • peediedj
    peediedj Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    i never understand how people are unemployed unless there disabled or not intrested,my wife has worked all her days,even after having a kid with 7 disabilties she still held down 2 jobs,as she enjoys working,she 2 weeks ago lost her agency caring job,that was her sweeite money,her job she still has in tescos pays the bills,but she,ll find another job part time soon,either cooking,caring or cleaning shes not fussy and done it all b4,i was in catering since i left school at 17(iam 40 now) but 18 months ago i got very cheesed off with the crap money,cutting of hrs and craP COMPANY TO WORK FOR so i got a job in a builders merchants,i had never worked in thaT industry before,but sold myself to the manager who admitted he took a risk on me,after 6 months i was a supervisor there,after a year i was offered the assitant managers job,i have learnt a awful lot in 12 mnoths and the place wouldnt run without me now,not being big headed but everyone is re-trainable
    Live in my shoes for a week,then tell me your lifes hard!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure