PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Friday 20th April 2018

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 April 2018 at 3:40PM
    Options
    Morning all,

Grump promised me a new kitchen several years back. The doors were dropping off mine and cupboards in bad shape. I suppose I can't complain as they were fitted in 1973. I got all excited, started sending off for brochures on the quiet...then one morning he got up without a word and cleared off. Several hours later he returned with his motor and trailer full of second hand kitchen units he'd won on eBay. They were nothing like what I wanted and it took a whole week of sawing and drilling to cut them to size. I still don't like them but I should be grateful right?

Well yesterday I was full of moans and groans but today I realize I must be doing something right.

I send Grump to work on a Monday and he spends all week moaning that he hates working away....Youngest got a phone call yesterday from the insurance company that covers his car...His black box has picked up he drives like a loon on the way back from work. Not that he goes anywhere after work, he just wants to get home. Prodigal comes daily...for coffee he says but doesn't leave till he's been fed. The Blonde One, loves me to have the kids and the kids love coming... Well Diva is getting there but Lucas loves coming to Nanny Judis...Eldest still hasn't got his shower fixed....I ought to take out shares in shower gel as Prodigal is showering here too.

Didn't sleep well last night but at least I didn't wake up with Neil Diamond polluting my ears...No it was Leo Sayer.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Please don’t stop posting Hester or anyone else who worries about moaning all the time, I have only been on the thread for a couple of years but find it so supportive and a real feeling of ‘ someone having your back ‘ iyswim?

Warm and sunny here, spent a lot of yesterday in the garden, most of the time under the umbrella as fair skin & freckles don’t do well out in the sun for hours, but it was smashing and we even ate outside. My SIL and her partner popped over in the evening so had a glass of wine and a good catch up.
    DOH is off today and is going to spend the day watching cricket, I will get over and see Lu this morning then off for a much needed haircut this afternoon, might even wear a dress :D

Special thoughts to both TA and Csarina as they continue to care for and worry about their loved ones.
    Yay on the new car Gers, happy motoring.
    Judi, you always strike me as the rock at the centre of your family, please take care of you as well.
    Have a good day folks, take care all x
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    You are all lovely and whatever your posts contain good or bad i love to read them . We all have bad days, worries or just hump days its what makes us us ,DONT stop posting xxx
    Dolly has been walked and her chicken is bubbling away i think she is snoozing in the garden before it gets too hot . Yesterday was lovely we had a nice lunch and then we wandered the shops and went to the south bank for nibbles and cocktails i had a few lovely virgin apple and elderflower fizz very refreshing.
    Mrs TA hugs to you a lot on your plate right now I hope the oncologist can move everything forward for you and you can get some answers and Mr TA can get some relief from the neuropathy.
    Jackie O i hope the arm starts to look a and feel a little better and you can get out and enjoy some sunshine x
    Csarina I hope DH is a bit better after his fall what a worry for you x
    Gets how lovely a shiny new red car I am jealous my parents always had red as my mum said it was a colour that could always be seen
    Hugs to all who need them and a friendly ear for those who want one .
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Another lovely morning, sun out and not too hot as yet.

OH spent part of the morning in the shed potting up plants or sowing seed, One thing I do know he will not be planting the resulting plants!!

We spent a fair amount of time in the garden had our morning tea sat out and also our lunch. Last year I got a very large plastic pot with no holes in the bottom, yesterday I filled it with water and put the solar fountain in it, had to adjust the spray as the panel is free floating it kept floating the the side and watering the grass!! Its nice to hear the gentle sound it makes as long as the sun is shining which it does on our garden for most of the day.

We are off on a jolly today to see my quilting friend, she rang yesterday to ask me to get her 2 clematis they were on offer at Aldi, so we shot off to Aldi in Bingham and I was able to pick up the cheese I cannot get at our local Aldi.

TA I feel for you, you are in the same boat as I am, its not easy by any means. It does make me cross when my blog readers come up with suggestions that either I know will not work or have already tried. I wish they would check back, they do not seem to understand the problems he has or the limitations that I have to work under. I know they think they are helping but really they are just making me cross.

Gers, well done re the car, I have to admit red is not my favourite colour, we have had one red car, but the old British Racing Green floats my boat. I did consider changing our car, but its a great little runner and to be honest I do not want to wipe out my savings to pay for a newer one.

Our usual fish and chip supper tonight.......something with ice cream for dessert I think.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to all those in need, so many of us in need at the moment.

So I shall not moan that some rotten toad keyed my car yesterday, I shall search my spell book for a protection spell and maybe get my voodoo doll out and think kind thoughts about the keyer!
    After that I will empty and clean the stove, dust everywhere that I've made dusty by cleaning the stove and then I will smudge the boat to get rid of the negative energy.

I'm repairing a dress for one of the dgd's, the sleeves don't sit properly after that I shall sort my washing and then go for a walk.

After such an exciting day I will collect CHS and maybe pop into a local pub for a cold lemonade.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TA, Csarina, AOD, Judi,nannywindow, silver-oldie and anyone else struggling, feeling ill or unappreciated I sympathise heartily, I hope today is a better day for you.

I have surprised myself by cleaning the kitchen cupboard fronts and the floor, all by 9 am. Judi, I had to live with the kitchen we had when we moved into the house for 20 years before we could afford a new one, if DH had done what yours did I would have murdered him. He has almost always been the breadwinner (apart from about 7 years I have worked part-time) but we have always had joint bank accounts and I have been able to spend what I want (so long as we had the money). I know you say it is his money but you have worked just as hard in the home, I get cross for you.

AOD, you too seem to have the most thoughtless menfolk, I hope you can concentrate on yourself when you retire.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Csarina I didnt know you had a blog. I know your not supposed to self promote but can you pm me a link.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Snoozer I think they are just quite complacent, they are used to me being the breadwinner and will get a shock soon, OH not so much but DS won't have even thought about the financial implications.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    My visitor has been for a 5 mile run! I spent the time on the laptop doing emails and spreadsheets....

I've always wanted a red car and this is the first time I've insisted on it. I know that the colour fades to a horrible pink eventually but I'm past caring. The salesman said that not washing the car too often helps - that certainly helps me!

The thread needs everyone, not just those with happy shiny lives. Isn't 'diversity' the new 'inclusion' and OS is certainly both of those things.

The sun came out to shine for about half an hour, it's now clouded over and got colder. My guest and I are going to clear the mound of cardboard boxes from the big barn and stuff them into the car. We'll have a rare cooked breakfast at the local greasy spoon as a reward.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gers keeping your car in the barn will help it stay red - my 8yo Alfa is bright red but slightly faded due to being parked outside in all weathers & the odd bit of West Coast sunshine!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills