Bonfires and fireworks - NST November challenge

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,279 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Quick update - NSD 3/12 in the bag.

Toni's Friend that's dreadful, those children need to be reined in before it gets worse :( My mum would've said they need a clip round the ear hole!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Day 12
    Managed a NSD today 5/20.
    No exercise or healthy eating today.
    Christmas - brought home the box of biscuits my Mum was given which can be used for Christmas. Saves me buying a box.
    Mental health - still need to try and get a good night sleep.
    Grateful for:
    My brother and sister in law coming down from Somerset to see my Mum.
    My nephews making get well cards for my Mum.
    Finally getting the v shaped pillow from M&S for my Mum and £20 voucher for goodwill.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    NSD 5/12 today
    Organise - I have a list ready for next week (including frogs)
    Value for money - not spent
    Exercise - nope
    Mental health - bit tense but pretty ok once the kids homework was sorted
    Be Xmas ready - nope
    Eat well - done
    Report in - done
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Timetopullmysocksup
    Timetopullmysocksup Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 November 2017 at 11:19PM
    Hi guys
    6/18NSDs bought my fresh bits today but forgot to get milk so it will be toast tomorrow & pancakes (from freezer) Tuesday. We only have milk for cereal and making cheese sauce so its not a big problem.

Organize - I have gone through the majority of my clothes today as there is a shop that pays for clothes, I am going to take the stuff although I do feel bad as normally I would take it to the charity shop. There are so many charity shops around and I do buy and give a lot but I have decided I need to start getting some money in for us and for the time being I will accept I will not be donating for a while.

Value for money - can't think of anything today.

Exercise - none, still struggling with a chest infection so most things are a task

Mental health - fed up to be honest, pre menstrual to boot.

Be Christmas ready - on going

Eat well - we had chicken casserole in the slow cooker and potatoes and veggies out of the microwave, hopefully will have the hob fitted soon.

Thankful for - everything I have, I could always have more but could also have less.
  • SunAddict I believe it is from 15th - 21st but you can exchange your points now ready for when it starts.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all turtles :j

Checking in: 12/30

NSDs: 6/15 still the same as had to go out to get paint etc for dining room walls

Organise
    : ATM looks much worse as all stuff from dining room distributed in other rooms. Also DHs plan to pack up all DDs stuff for her to take to her home is still not working. The result is we have all her stuff bagged/boxed up as well as our own :mad:

Value for money - Well hopefully I will get VFM - was looking at the paint in the BandQ locally. Never normally go there as the lighting is so bad. Looked at the value range but none of the colours were suitable (not planning on changing the wallpaper/curtains etc). Then looked at the V expensive range :eek: but light in aisles was so bad that I had to use my camera torch.....at this point an assistant came over & commented on the poor lighting (!) - but also told us that any of the expensive paints could be copied with complete accuracy. Took a large tester pot for £3, put it on this afternoon & if it looks OK in daylight DH will go & get a big tin first thing tomorrow...looks like I will spend my bday painting LOL

Exercise - Lots of walking (round shops) but that's all - ditto

Mental health - Yes pretty good

Be Christmas ready - Got a few more bits whilst out

Eat well - Not too bad...

Gratitudes - To the sales assistant for telling me about the cheaper alternative, for a warm bed tonight as its cooold, for all the pets being healthy, amusing & happy...for DH being much more willing to help.
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    NSDs - 6/18.

Organise - flat cleaned yesterday, caught up on washing, will do the ironing later. Prepped pork and veg to go in the slow cooker this morning so tea will be ready when I get home from work. Work to do list written and prioritised so know what I need to get on with today.

Value for money - nothing spent.

Exercise - none yesterday as I didn't leave the house.

Mental health - feeling much better after a day off work, clean flat and a good nights sleep have really helped.

Be Christmas ready - nothing more done here.

Eat well - had a cooked breakfast to soak up the alcohol but then lots of veg with tea at night.

Report - 12/18, grateful for a lazy day, a clean flat and feeling organised for the week ahead.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 770 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all

Just checking in.

Today will be NSD 6/16- aiming to get to 10 by sunday. Looking to keep out of the shops until friday except for YS.

Value- I am off to a free baby group later and then to tesco for YS bread tonight.

Christmas- made & froze some mince pies yday. Might make more later.

Healthy eating & excersize- running tonight & will watch my food.

Organise- on a mission to use things up, wrote out a list before & will try to use one thing per day from the list.

Budgets getting tighter now- 10 days til pay day but perfectly doable. Id like to put money back into savings at month end that I spent on c par. So I CANNOT go over budget . need to keep hub on a tight leash :)
  • Day 13 #18 Checking in...
    NSD - Was going to spend today but waiting until I have essential spends and do it then so 7/12 :)
    Organise - Grocery = £140.96/£283. We are away next Monday - Friday at C Parcs so going to buy as and when I need until Sunday instead of a big shop this week.
    Value for Money - Nothing for this today.
    Exercise - Will park further away on school run.
    Mental Health - Had a full sleep last night so feeling good today. Focusing on my finances is making me abit worried but trying to tell myself that its all under control and I'm doing positive steps to resolve it.
    Xmas/DS Birthday - Nothing for this today
    Eat Well - Back on track today after the weekend
    Be Grateful - Looking forward to my week off next week.
    Declutter - On my list is dining area but nothing here to sort except I need new placemats will have a look out. OOD medicines in the boot of my car ready to take to chemist for them to dispose of safely. Will have to restock so will also look out for these items but hoping to include in my grocery shop and budget.
    O/D - Made a minimum payment to my t£sco credit card which was £3 under budget so the £3.00 has been added to the overdraft fund. Also transferred £0.04 to tidy it up a bit so my overdraft is now £1487/£1500
    Pocket Money - NSD today so still the same

Have a good day :)
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 770 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Baby group was great fun and got free snacks AND charitys had donated a tonne of free bread etc. They use donations for snack and then let parents take leftovers. Was careful to only take after every one else had theirs as we dont NEED the bread. Going again. Will be sure to donate tea and coffee at some point. X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure