DFW journey starts today

Options

Comments

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh and I knocked a month off my debt free date - which now stands at March 2016!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Sorry me again! Just looking at my spreadsheet and in just over 4 months (which included 5 pay days) I have actually paid £4,049.45 off my debts which has reduced my debts by £3,702.33. If only I had my LBM before getting into debt (but I guess it doesn't work that way does it) think what I could be doing with that money! That would pretty much pay for the next stage of work on the house to be done! It does make me excited for what the future can hold when I'm debt free though now I know how good I can be with money!
    Starting again..
  • Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    twiggy86 wrote: »
    Oh and I knocked a month off my debt free date - which now stands at March 2016!

that is brilliant

sorry I have not been here to cheer you on but I was internetless for a week

back now :) its my end of the month tonight - so starting all over again tomorrow :)
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so pleased you've got a £0 balance on one of your debts, its fantastic progress. And you'll definitely meet the target for paying off the beds by 10th May.

I'm so sorry I've not popped in for a while, I have no idea why I've been so lapse at posting and catching up with everyone.

And you most certainly DO belong on the DFW board, you are a debt free wannabe afterall, its wonderful to read such a positive and upbeat diary, its encouraging, I'm sure October will agree :) Please stay!

I've paid off a tiny tiddly amount and you're only a month ahead of me, but I feel a lot better and I don't feel scared to open my bank statements anymore, so I am still proud to have taken the bull by the horns so to speak. I will be paying a tiny tiddly amount for the forseeable future, but at least I don't have to worry about affording things because I now budget a bit better and know what I have to pay out and what money I have coming in.

Would it help to accept your parents offer of the 'payment break' from paying your parents so you can use that amount as a buffer for the OD until the beds are paid, then you can pick up the payments again to get the remaining 200 odd pounds paid off to them and you avoid the daily overdraft charge?

Anyway, have a wonderful evening, and good luck with the rest of the building work, at least the CC spend was something you were planning to buy anyway, and is not an excessive impulse buy, such as shoes. :rotfl:
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Thanks Aaliegha and AleMrsT! Particularly for saying I do belong here. I just sometimes feel like I might be rubbing it in how well I'm doing when other people struggle so much.

AleMrsT - have any of your debts increased? No. Have you saved money for the future? Yes. So you're doing great!

It does confuse me how I'm able to pay off so much sometimes! I only earn £1445 a month plus what OH gives me (at least £100 per week but he pays for most of the work to be done).

Checked my bank and £2.41 has gone in from TCB so that's gone off the OD. AleMrsT - as OD is now down to £126.40 I should be fine to get that paid off before the beds are due, so I'd rather keep paying my parents.
    Starting again..
  • Aaleigha
    Options
    Twigs (if I can be so bold)
    not only do you certainly belong here but you are a wonderful example of how things can still be done on a small income - not everyone can afford to do it as quickly as you - but once you have one debt off think how that will inspire others as you see the other debts come down quicker

it could perhaps be me that does not belong as I have zero debt but being able to save for three weeks holdiay (hopefully) I am hoping I can inspire people for the future - I just want to have enough to get away and chill out totally :) so that is what I am saving for you are saving to clear debt :) and doing so well
    Emergency fund £10,000

• twiggy86
    Options
    Twigs is fine! Thanks for your kind words! Everyone on here is so nice! I think I'll stay even when I'm debt free! I guess anyone who is trying to put them self in a better financial position (paying off debt or saving) is welcome - you're certainly welcome in my diary! :)
    Starting again..
  • Aaleigha
    Options
    I did sort of bring mine up to date after having no internet for a week - I did complain to ee and they are going to give me a refund for one weeks money - something I have never done before but so worth it - every pound counts :)
    I reset my month today as its payday not sure if I am pleased or not - all that work to do over never mind Norfolk beckons
    Emergency fund £10,000

• monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    That is amazing. Look at your firing through and one scratched off xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Yesterday was not a good day :(

Received some negative feedback at work which makes me feel insecure in my job. Some of the feedback was directed at me, which was really gutting but it is unwarranted (honestly - and my boss has told the client this) but this is our main client and so I'm worried my job may be at risk if they stop using us, as it's a very small firm. However I'm going to start applying for training contracts as this is something I've been lax on so maybe this was the kick up the proverbial that I needed to get me back on track with my career.

In my need to comfort eat I bought a big bag of crisps, oreos and a 500ml tub of ben & jerrys - and made 28p for the pleasure! My friends were very confused when I told them not only was it free but I actually made some money! I do keep telling them but they don't take me seriously! That may have changed now!
    Starting again..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport