Gazza104

As a retired person, it REALLY irks me that all the banks are willing to do is go back six years, when this scandal has been rife since payment protection came into being, at least thirty years by my reckoning!!

Comments

• Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    What are you talking about?!
  • A more polite reply, you can go back further than 6 years. Just contact them and ask if you had PPI. Try the Resolver tool
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Gazza104 wrote: »
    As a retired person, it REALLY irks me that all the banks are willing to do is go back six years, when this scandal has been rife since payment protection came into being, at least thirty years by my reckoning!!
    They'll go back more than six years, but can only go back as far as they have records. If you have your own records, you can provide those.

Payment protection is still available today, "the scandal" relates to the way it was, in some cases, sold.

Not all PPI is bad.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Gazza104 wrote: »

What does your retired status have to do with it?
    What makes you think banks only go back 6 years?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Been listening to a few too many calims firms adverts I imagine. See, the thing with PPI was, you could always refuse it, you never had to buy it, and no one stood over you with a shotgun to force you to buy it. You always had the choice to accept it, or refuse it

[ and before anyone gets pedantic on me, yes, there were some isolated rare occurences where it was added without a persons knowledge]
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure