Valentines day restaurant prices

Just been out for a meal with my brother who is over from America. Booked a restaurant a while ago as wanted to have a plan in place for his visit. An all you can
Eat buffet. Yes it happened to to Valentine’s Day but that’s clearly not the reason we are out!. No mention anywhere of a Valentine’s Day price increase until the bill arrived. Tiny print saying meal was a ‘valentines special’ and the price quoted was £3 per person higher than normal. Can restaurants do this without advertising the prices change for that day?

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    They can charge what ever they like.
  • SSUPER
    SSUPER Posts: 37 Forumite
    If you are dolly dimple enough to buy into this rubbish, then, I have nothing to say really. Superstores are turrning this into Halloween.
  • That’s my point SSUPER. I don’t buy into it. I wasn’t out on a valentines date. So not sure why I’m paying more when it wasn’t advertised or mentioned anywhere.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    If the price wasn't displayed at all when you walked into the restaurant or on the menu - then I think you would have questioned them. if the regular price was displayed and you weren't told on arriving or taking a seat that it was a special menu at a special price then I think you had a case for only paying the displayed price. If a price was agreed in the booking then you definitely have a case for only paying that price.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure