Waiting over 58 weeks for pip tribunal

Options

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Tasha, how did you find a ref if u don't mind me asking as me and my wife are struggling to find someone to attend the tribual with us. Thanks
    Try welfare rights or a law centre. Even with a rep the claimant has to answer all the questions during the hearing, the rep won't be able to answer for you.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 March 2019 at 6:48PM
    Options
    Hi Tasha, how did you find a ref if u don't mind me asking as me and my wife are struggling to find someone to attend the tribual with us. Thanks

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75476749#3

( I do increasingly wonder about the worth of taking time to posting information and authoritative links on this forum ).

But, here it is again:

Any rep's input at the actual hearing will be very limited. The panel will want to hear directly from your wife.

The CAB may be able to help by guiding you through the process, explaining how the relevant PIP activities / descriptors may apply to your wife, going through the DWP evidence bundle with your wife, and writing a brief submission to the tribunal explaining why and how your wife should qualify for the benefit.

If they can do this, I would take them up on the offer.
    Attendance at the tribunal by the rep is of less importance than preparation for the hearing, and help with the submission.

https://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal?gclid=CjwKCAiAqaTjBRAdEiwAOdx9xtIjlkzVzHyx_ wqav4TXtC7qpwWeqiHOdfAyDtAdZ5Uw4CZ4VIwW2BoCxfUQAvD _BwE

The rep can't explain to the tribunal how your wife copes with dressing / undressing, getting off and on the toilet, etc - how long it takes, how frequently she needs help and all the other detailed accounts of her day-to-day life around the relevant PIP descriptors. Only your wife can explain that to the panel - her verbal evidence will be important to the panel.
    Please read carefully the pages on what to do at the tribunal hearing from the link.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Tasha86
    Tasha86 Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Atlantas my rep is actually a friend who I first met about 7 years ago through working links, I had to go work related interviews at one time and we bumped into each other afterwards and became friends, she knows a lot about paperwork etc although she does not work for dwp anymore! She just handles my paperwork and finances and like poppy and Alice said it will be me who will have to do the nitty gritty talking I guess she’s just my moral support and filing cabinet lol good luck!!!
    Tasha :)
  • Tasha86
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow I’m so ill!! Not eaten for 2 days and not moved out my bed, just to go toilet and wake the teen for school this morning! My life feels pointless at the moment I’m stressed and just upsetting the ppl around me ((sobs)) pushing ppl away or them not wanting to be around a horrible person like me!
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    At a tribunal ask what is the HP's field of medical expertise. If they say they know about medical conditions in general then ask about specific conditions the claimant has, what are the symptoms and side effects of any medication. How much has they read on that specific condition. if the medical person replies with detailed knowledge of the condition stop them in their tracks he isn't the HP who conducted the assessment the HP might know sod all about the condition especially if they have never assessed anyone with the condition. The HP who did mine said she knew nothing about my condition and said I would get an award.
    Ask questions you would want the HP who assessed you to answer the medical person on the panel could have looked up the condition and the things that happen to a person with the condition e.g. epilepsy, anaemia, or others, Just because the medical person has got knowledge of the condition doesn't mean the assessor had the knowledge as well.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • poppy12345
    Options
    wild666 wrote: »
    At a tribunal ask what is the HP's field of medical expertise. If they say they know about medical conditions in general then ask about specific conditions the claimant has, what are the symptoms and side effects of any medication. How much has they read on that specific condition. if the medical person replies with detailed knowledge of the condition stop them in their tracks he isn't the HP who conducted the assessment the HP might know sod all about the condition especially if they have never assessed anyone with the condition. The HP who did mine said she knew nothing about my condition and said I would get an award.
    Ask questions you would want the HP who assessed you to answer the medical person on the panel could have looked up the condition and the things that happen to a person with the condition e.g. epilepsy, anaemia, or others, Just because the medical person has got knowledge of the condition doesn't mean the assessor had the knowledge as well.
    I'm not sure how the Tribunal will know what field of medical expertise the HCP had. They won't be interested in any of that. All they will want to know is how the OP conditions affect them against the PIP descriptors.
  • Tasha86
    First Anniversary
    Options
    1 week tomorrow!! Nerves are gone!! Sent additional evidence off, my previous award from 2014 I highlighted what I got awarded for and stated my conditions are still the same, doctors diagnosis and ongoing appointment letters over the last year also done a 7day diary although it wasn’t the best I’m keeping my fingers crossed
  • Carlieable
    Options
    Hello, my mum just had her PIP tribunal. she initially claimed October 2015. Judge and 2 medical professionals reviewed the evidence before we went in. They said that based on evidence they were happy to award the standard component for both. (We applied for enhance) As long as we were happy with this they would backdate to October 2015. My mum has severe anxiety so we went into a separate room and decided we would accept rather than put my mum through more stress. Judge said my mum would get a large sum of money just not clear on how much
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Carlieable wrote: »
    Hello, my mum just had her PIP tribunal. she initially claimed October 2015. Judge and 2 medical professionals reviewed the evidence before we went in. They said that based on evidence they were happy to award the standard component for both. (We applied for enhance) As long as we were happy with this they would backdate to October 2015. My mum has severe anxiety so we went into a separate room and decided we would accept rather than put my mum through more stress. Judge said my mum would get a large sum of money just not clear on how much
    Are you saying your mum waited over 4 years for her Tribunal date? :eek:
  • Tasha86
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just back from my hearing!! It’s was awful and a blur!! They asked question on visiting my mum, and how often, about my car, and when they came to the past pip and esa claim they didn’t have anything of my new assessments getting put into support group etc over the past year so adjourned it for more medical records! I just broke down!! Is this good or bad?? I feel iv done something wrong!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport