Getting it together...one £ at a time!

Comments

• Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I'm back!!

Had a fantastic holiday away although sadly back to the grind today.

I'm back on the wagon in terms of eating well and exercising today too - shopping bought in at the weekend and lunches prepped for the next few days. Trying to stay motivated!

Just cashed out £21.63 from PA so starting again from £0.

The holiday was really spendy so we'll be clawing our way until the end of the month and hitting the reset button for August. Nothing massive planned for next month so i'll look forward to having a stable month where money isn't pre-allocated to stuff before it's even in our account.

Need to start putting some money by for when our tenants move out as if we don't get someone in straight away, we may have some months of paying 2 mortgages again and right now we don't have anything put aside.

My pay rise takes effect this month so i'm looking forward to seeing for sure what my new take home pay will be. I've worked it out roughly with my pension contribution increase etc but it'll be nice to know for sure.

Days until pay day: 14
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • Homegrown0
    Forumite
    Today has been a slow day when it comes to money matters. Husband got paid but there's a bunch of bills coming out in the next few days, so it's basically dead money.

Need to be sensible because I'm looking after my son and his friend on Friday and I fear they'll have grand plans for what they want to do and although I want to treat them, I don't want to go wild. It's to rain on Friday too so i'll have to be creative with our plans.

Just cleared £21.63 from PA so that arrived in my bank account this morning and has been squirreled away into a savings account.

I need to catch up on the house and make it a bit more presentable - washings need done, bits and bobs lying around without a home. Basically i need to open my eyes more and try to keep on top of things.

First time at the gym last night in a few weeks and I'm walking like a baby giraffe...my legs are so sore!

Days until pay day: 13
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,650
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Well done on getting back to the gym (wishI could say the same about me...)

Think of fun things that don't cost a fortune for the boys so you can divert them from more expensive fun :) Enjoy.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,650
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2018 at 7:18PM
    Trying to PM you and realising I don't know how. I know how tor reply to a PM but not initiate one?
    Edited...
    I sent a PM. I think I worked it out
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Homegrown0
    Forumite
    Trying to PM you and realising I don't know how. I know how tor reply to a PM but not initiate one?
    Edited...
    I sent a PM. I think I worked it out

I'm afraid not, i haven't received anything :( I'll try to PM you and see if you can reply?
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Forumite
    edited 18 July 2018 at 10:04AM
    What a miserable day outside - grey skies and rain! Haven't seen that in a while! The weather definitely affects my mood and my motivation, but I'm trying really hard to keep the momentum up to get ploughed through some work today.

Our loan payment came out today so that drops it below £10k into the £9ks!! Delighted with that! It's going down, slowly but surely. By the end of the year, it'll be £6,800 and that'll be a truly exciting time! I do love to see this number go down in big chunks, especially because the CCs haven't moved a lot recently.

We have plenty of food to last this week (need to make lunches tonight for the rest of the week) and I have Friday off to look after the kids. Still haven't decided on something fun but low cost to do in the rain to keep them occupied. I don't want to go wild! Lunchtime's task is to identify what we're going to do. I've the option of the cinema for just a few ££s and I can buy snacks at the supermarket so that should keep them occupied half of the day. I'll make a decision at lunch time and stick with it!

Days until pay day: 12
    Christmas savings: £450
    Additional savings: £450
    Holiday account: £22
    Clothes/ gifts account: £100 (but this will mostly go on school uniform next month)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Forumite
    I know it's early to do a monthly round-up but my loan payment came out today and that's my debt payments for the month now so to combat the up coming quiet period I thought this review would boost my morale!!

So tempting to find the £44 to bring me into the £16ks this month but I'm already tight after holiday/ birthdays/ wedding this month so if I can spare it by the end of the month, great. If not, I won't worry!

July round-up
    Balances and paid amounts
    Loan: £9,475.38 / £15,792.30 (£6,316.92 paid off - 40% paid)
    CC1: £3,207 / £3,807 (£650 paid off - 17% paid)
    CC2: £4,361.14 / £5,031.14 (£720 paid off - 14% paid)

Total: £17,043.52 / £24,630.44 (£7,686.92 paid off, 31% paid)

Milestones reached in July
    • Loan into the £9ks!!
    • 40% of loan paid!!
    • Paid off 31% of total debt!
    • Debt total so close to next 000s bracket!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Forumite
    Just had a few surveys on PA so balance went from £0 at lunchtime to £1.30 cleared and £2.70 pending.

Really must get back onto Onepoll and VO!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Forumite
    Hi all, not been around much over the weekend so i'm just trying to catch up on everything. Work is MANIC but I don't want to neglect things over here, because we all know where that will end up... (self-sabotage).

Good things
    1. It's only 7 days until pay day
    2. We had a lovely day with the kids yesterday on a family day out - they had a blast!
    3. Free parking yesterday through my work instead of £12-16 parking costs or similar train fares
    4. I have enough fuel to last until the end of the month and so does my husband
    5. Husband got a new car and will collect it later this week
    6. Husband got a £22.45 tax rebate which i need to claim
    7. I'm waiting on an £80 expenses claim from my work for my travel last month
    8. On 1st August, that will be the very last £820 nursery payment! From September onwards, it'll be £690. :):):):)
    9. We have a less chaotic and financially demanding August thankfully.

Not so good things
    1. Yesterday was pretty spendy - in the region of £90 all in...
    2. Because husband got a new car, i'll need to rejig our budgets to take this into account. 100% of my pay rise will be attributed to that now but a new car is essential. It's on its last legs and we've already ploughed too much money into keeping it alive so the time has come. We decided to go as new as possible within the car requirements that he had rather than throwing money after another older car like we have spent the last 6 years doing.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Forumite
    Got through two more surveys on PA yesterday so once cleared by total will be almost £6.

I need to get some food shopping in today - my local Aldi is closed for a return so I thought I'd have to go to Morissons but I'm dropping the kids off in the next town and drive by an Aldi there so I'll use that one this morning!

I tore our budget apart last night to include my pay rise and upcoming reduction in childcare costs, as well as factoring in my husband's new car. My plan is ambitious and leaves everything really tight but I want to make sure that im payimg extra off the cards from next month onwards and I'm bring pretty strict in ensuring we save something every month too.

My husband has two jobs this weekend and one tonight so that should bring in a little extra too (although no idea how much).

Days until pay day: 6
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family