• carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Lovely to see you back
    Carolbee
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Not much progress on sorting the problems that are priority.

However, Debt 2 & Debt 3 are now on 'hold' while investigated.

Person 1, Person 2 have stated no repayments needed. They can't help any more than they already have but don't expect the money back that they've helped with previously. I need to speak to Person 3 about sorting paying back however not until the rent and council tax are up to date.

Person 4 and new debt still needs sorting ASAP
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Sounds like you've made good progress and if P1 and P2 won't hold you to repayments, that will help a lot.

Good luck with the investigations, I'm sure there'll be a favourable outcome.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    SO glad you're back - I was wondering who I could contact to make sure you were OK! XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • That's good progress all round though Wannabe - even if not specifically on the two priority bits. Well done on getting investigations underway and fingers crossed for the right outcome. And may all good things go to P1 & P2 for their wonderful kind gesture.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • That is so kind of P1 and P2 and it is one less thing for you to worry about even if they weren't a priority as such. And lets hope that the investigations into the two debts turn out well.
    Focus on the priority payments for the moment.
    So good the have you back with us.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • I'm so glad to see that you are still here Wannabe and I really hope that you are well on the way to recovery and will be feeling much better soon :)
  • WannabeFree
    Thank you :D

I agree with comments on P1/P2. I will pay them back just a relief they aren't waiting for it now and it relieves some pressure/guilt :o
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • I was quite sure that you would pay them back eventually but it is a bit of a relief that they don't mind waiting however long. Things are picking up. I just know that there must be a way to sort out the immediate problem and I am equally sure that there is someone on here who will point you in the right direction. You take care.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • WannabeFree
    I applied for a credit card. However my credit is shocking.

I did get excepted though. £250 limit but wait for it ... 59.9% interest :eek: Not enough to cover it all but it is there if needed rather than not paying :o

I will sort it x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback