Safestyle UK - Bad experiences?

Comments

• Kiran
    Kiran Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Sadly all the big national companies have this reputation, largely due to the fact that the sales people move from company to company and the sales tactics don't change.
    Some people don't exaggerate........... They just remember big!
  • damos1
    damos1 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This is an email I drafted to safestyle I cannot send it to them direct as they have blocked me remember however it’s not slander if it’s true :)

Cant believe that after giving you several thousand pounds for what would be expected to be the best of quality doors and windows fitted your fitters smashed both the front and back doorsteps to our house!

Your main inspector seen what had happened, arranged to fill them with cement twice both of which times they fell back out within a few months was promised it would be sorted if it didn't fix it then you refused to admit it was you!

Now after time both door handles have failed (drooping) several of the window handles have failed (lost fragments of metal) bought some things to replace them and have found most of the windows fittings don't even line up! These are the fittings that are screwed in place so not a case of sliding over time they have been fitted by you this way!

Also even found the locks on the doors are far too big for what should have been fitted with several mm sticking out from the locks on both internal and external sides some new high security handles and the locks were that long I'v had to turn them around to fit within the security handles!

May as well of gone to the local window fitters as they was much cheaper... I can write this review wherever I like as it's not slander with it being true!

Definitely looks like you used overflow contractors when you fitted our doors and windows overly highlighted by the fact it was a normal white van! We paid for you to fit them not some local contractor with your product.

Take some responsibility instead of trying to shift the blame and trying to brandish us the customers liars.

As for us having to pay someone to do a survey to date check the damage do you really feel we should have to be the ones paying to do this?

You messed the installation up and promised to rectify the issues and have now refused to admit it was you though I have now found clear errors on your contractors part these windows and doors were not cheap costing several thousand pounds but you messed up the installation broke both the front and rear doorsteps and are now refusing to admit that you did it even though your main inspectors said it would be rectified not very trustworthy at all very disappointed for the amount that we paid!!!
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    My new next door neighbour has been showing me the grief caused by this company, in terms of shoddy workmanship.

The simplest example is his hallway window, which was being replaced for the THIRD time because of cracks appearing (or already existing on delivery). On Wednesday, we stood there chatting and I walked away and left the house while the window fitter was still fitting the replacement pane.

The next day he called me over again. "Look at this", he said.

There was a scratch running all the way across the window, about 3 inches from the top of the pane.

Also, about halfway down was what I'd describe as a scuff, or could have been a smudge, inside the pane.

That's just one of several faulty windows he showed me. My neighbours are in their 70s, so I wonder if this company preys on the old.
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • Lincoln_Imp
    Lincoln_Imp Posts: 2,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Would never ever use them
    Had them round for a quote on windows and i said to the salesman the minute he got in the door i don`t want you to tell me a price then knock it down as i was limited for time and about to go to work and could he give me the best possible price right from the off ..He said fine yes can do

Anyway 30 mins in he came up with a price of something like 4k ,I said no mate far too much then he knocked 1k off straight away so i said to him what did i tell you right at the start !!! so i kicked him out the house no sale :D

Then for the following week had god knows how many phone calls off them which ended in the salesman telling me to f**k off and stop wasting his time ..Nice of him :D
    Have a nice day :)
  • I had all the windows and doors to my house replaced by Safestyle three years ago. It was the worstpossible decision. I have had repeated problems, doors and windows that don't open or shut, repeated repairs necessary, bad service, problems never fixed. Don't touch these people with a barge pole. I wish I'd never used them and I'm thinking of taking them to court.
  • Same here
    Don’t buy from them it’s the worst company ever after they done mine water coming in all over when u called them they said u have to wait till Xmas really bad costumer service
    Plz avoid them
  • PAUL_C
    PAUL_C Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Had Door and windows fitted a year ago real terrible fitting they came back twice to remedy work. causing more damage one window isnt even correct, contacted CEO he promised it would get sorted after a month no contact from them so I actioned a charge back through visa.
    Now after some months they are trying to recover money so I am stuck really as what to do I have written an email saying they can attempt to rectify faults and that i had paid but I won a charge back claim. Still waiting response from them all hassle and stress thats not needed not really sure what to do to be honest.
  • chris4542
    chris4542 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 January 2019 at 2:55PM
    Safestyle UK as any doorstop manipulator is the bane of the vulnerable.
    Very harrassed, dealt with three in 1/2 hr.
    Last two refused to leave when asked.
    Instead they just took an intimidating stance repeatedly demanding to know who the home owner was (none of their business). Then had the nerve to tell me how to behave on my own doorstep and that I should be telling them that information.
    Very antagonistic with zero respect. Discompassionate control freaks after one thing (£s).
    Safestyle UKs customer charter appears as a list of lies.
    They won't take any complaint over the phone at Blackburn or Bradford.
    Blackburn (after trying to bully me into silence and slamming the phone down) gave a complaints number of 08000730101 ... which is actually an entertainment line called kuma or something.
    The fact that its impossible to complain by phone to Safestyle UK say it all.
    These people prey on the vulnerable as they know full well.
    My advice is have nothing to do with them or their manipulative sociopathic scripts
  • Safestyle, like many of the national companies that advertise big, are hard sell merchants. Salesmen on massive mark ups and trained to be pitbulls. Always steer clear.

I remember one guy on a forum said he was a contract installer for them and he and his mate installed many of the windows with just expanding foam!
  • Robby1988
    Robby1988 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January 2019 at 1:35AM
    We nearly got windows off Safestyle last year, the quote we got was very competitive and a neighbour had them do a good job so we went ahead. One day after I put my order in with them I received text messages on my phone from an unknown number warning me not to use them, with a link to a Facebook page that was full of peoples bad experiences with them (usually with the quality of fitting).

Not being impressed with the data breach, I phoned them up to grill them and was on hold for over 30 minutes waiting to get through. Funny that, when I phoned up as a new customer looking for a quote they answered straight away!? Alarm bells were going off big time by then, so I cancelled.

I couldn't be doing with the idea of being one of the people who suffer from a bad install, then spending half my life on hold to a call centre chasing them to come and sort it.

In regard to salesmen, the one we had round was OK although I suspect he maybe didn't fancy his chances ripping us off. They are on commission, so will try and get as much money out of somebody as they can & always have the "quick call to the boss" up their sleeve for the magic "only for today" discount if you don't bite straight away. £2300 for a backdoor is outrageous, easily £1000 overpriced and thats assuming it's a decent composite one.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback