Waiting over 58 weeks for pip tribunal

13»

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,846
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Tasha86 wrote: »
    Just back from my hearing!! It’s was awful and a blur!! They asked question on visiting my mum, and how often, about my car, and when they came to the past pip and esa claim they didn’t have anything of my new assessments getting put into support group etc over the past year so adjourned it for more medical records! I just broke down!! Is this good or bad?? I feel iv done something wrong!!!
    It's not a good or a bad thing, it just means they didn't have enough evidence to make a decision today.

Once they receive the medical evidence you'll be sent a new date for another hearing. It's anyone's guess how long that could take but hopefully not too long.
  • Tasha86
    Tasha86 Posts: 40
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I’m heartbroken poppy after all th stress n sickness of waiting and the hearing itself ive just not got any energy!! A part of me thinks if it was a no they would have said but then I think maybe they want something to back their no point decision! I just don’t know! Completely mentally and physically exhausted lol
    Tasha :)
  • Tasha86
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Poppy do you know if the dwp could still offer me an award before a next hearing date when they receive extra medical evidence or could the tribunal even possibly come to a decision themselves without another hearing?? Sorry for all the questions
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    Tasha86 wrote: »
    Poppy do you know if the dwp could still offer me an award before a next hearing date when they receive extra medical evidence or could the tribunal even possibly come to a decision themselves without another hearing?? Sorry for all the questions
    It has been known or DWP to offer an award before a hearing date but it's rare. I think at this point for you then it's unlikely they will do that now, if they were going to then they would have before the hearing the other day.

As for the Tribunal i have no idea. All you can do is wait to see what happens. I know it's frustrating but there's nothing more you can do but wait.
  • Tasha86
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks poppy!! I guess I just sit and impatiently wait lol I will post update when I hear anything
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 17 March 2019 at 1:38PM
    When I had my tribunal they asked me if I needed a break half way through and I said no, I was fine. Then of course within 10 minutes I went all foggy and started giving nonsensical rambling answers not answering their questions (I have ASD as well as physical difficulties).

When I left I didn't have a clue how I'd done although the SEAP person with me said I'd done ok.

I do remember the panel were actually very nice. They didn't ask the questions i was expecting, but they knew what they were asking them for.

They also saw me having difficulty managing ramps leaving the room.

Anyway I was actually awarded Enhanced Care and Mobility. Still can't quite believe it but it has helped so much. The DWP person who phoned to ask about bank details was actually very apologetic in tone. It also, after years of being ignored, made me feel more recognised.

There is no guarantee what the tribunal result will be, They do overturn DWP decisions with high frequency but I have heard of negative Tribunal Experiences occasionally even so.

If it doesn't go the way you feel it should, I don't know how long you have to wait but I hope you will try again. It is so worth the stress and hassle and the unfairness of the lies told by the DWP kept me going. Don't let yourself be defeated by this. That's what they want.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    If it doesn't go the way you feel it should, I don't know how long you have to wait but I hope you will try again. It is so worth the stress and hassle and the unfairness of the lies told by the DWP kept me going. Don't let yourself be defeated by this. That's what they want.
    There's no timescale for re-applying. However, re-apply again using the same evidence that was previously used could see another refusal.

Hopefully this won't happen to the OP. 71% of those who appear in person have a decision in their favour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure