Waitrose - Dine In For £10

Options

Comments

• bootman
    bootman Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I had the choc pudding last night. I really would only give it a 3 out of 10. It was not very nice.
  • HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    I'll have a look in Waitrose later, but I think I'll probably end up buying at M&S - the options look nicer there.
  • Guapa1
    Guapa1 Posts: 890 Forumite
    Options
    Dee140157 wrote: »
    Disappointing there is no vegetarian option though.

I know, I'm not even veggie, but I think they could've put on option in.
    Getting there... A deal at a time. :T
  • abercromb
    abercromb Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    I bought this last night. The Pot rosti's, Lamb mousaka, fruit pot and wine. It's an ok deal but the wine is on offer a lot for a £1 cheaper than the advertised price (every couple of months). The desserts had very little life (2days) and the selection of veg was a bit poor.
    As I live close to waitrose I picked it up on the way home but I don't think I will be back for it again. Both the selection and the savings at M&S are better to be honest. Given the option I will grab the deal there instead.
  • boglin
    boglin Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    I've bought the M&S deal today and the saving was greater; however, we ate the Waitrose deal tonight - the butterfly pork shoulder and potato rösti were absolutely delicious. We had the Winter Puddings last night (couldn't resist!)

Having picked away at the pork, that is now all gone but we do have a HUGE M&S chicken to keep us going for a few days!
  • organic_wanabe
    Options
    In my Waitrose today they had some of the dishes which are in the 'Meal Deal' on taste - The Chicken Tarragon, 2 or 3 of the desserts, and both wines. I couldn't walk past without tasting - it would have been rude! The Chicken was very good (although I didn't take time to study the packaging to check for nasty additives) and I enjoyed the white wine. I'm not a ready-meal fan, so if I am buying one I would go for M&S as the ingredient list doesn't read like a chemistry lesson.
  • zappomatic
    Options
    There is a veggie option:
    Waitrose caramelised onion and feta rosemary pizza

Also just checked out the ingredients on some of the options: no funny stuff.
  • Dee140157
    Dee140157 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I think they must have added the pizza option as this wasn't listed when I looked at the original post or when I went in to the shop, but I see it is on the website now. Not very adventurous though is it - Pizza?
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
  • anniemf2508
    anniemf2508 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    Options
    I think they must have added the pizza option as this wasn't listed when I looked at the original post or when I went in to the shop, but I see it is on the website now. Not very adventurous though is it - Pizza?

least it shows they listened to their customers and added a veggie option....the pizza is rather a nice one too....better than boring old veggie mousakka at M&S
  • andyroberts1967
    Options

I've never met an adventurous vegetarian in my life! Having said that, if I was going to have a vegetarian pizza, I think that one sounds lovely, plenty of flavour in caramelised onion and feta - yum!!

I picked up the M&S Dine in offer this weekend - had the roast chicken, roast potatoes, the mango and passionfruit jelly terrine(delicious) and a rather cheeky Pinot Grigio - all for £10, and the receipt said it should have come to £19.59 so an excellent saving for me. I'm eagerly awaiting the next offer!
    :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport