Why have Natwest not done another credit check

So we had a soft check done on our AIP via Natwest on 11th March and we got this no probs.

Our MB put through our full application on Monday 18th March.

Our valuation is booked in for Monday coming 25th March.

So when i log in to my credit file online there is no other search apart from the search completed on 11th March.

Surely by now they would have done a full search for the mortgage?? And why would it not be on there as things go straight on there in terms of checks.

Comments

• As far as I know the NatWest AIP is a hard search.

They might do final soft searches once the valuation is done just to double check a few things.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,690
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    NatWest agreements in principle by brokers result in a hard footprint on Equifax, IIRC.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • LRmortgage
    LRmortgage Posts: 484
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Correct, Nat West Broker AIP is a hard search.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Do Natwest just do the one hard search when the broker submits the full application or will they do further searches?
  • Just one hard search should be done and the data is locked down for 3 months. I am pretty sure natwest direct does soft search on aip just to confuse matters
  • Celes
    Celes Posts: 32
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Just wondering if this is still accurate re Natwest and a hard search

Just put in a mortgage AIP and then application via a broker.

On Experian and Karma credit I have got soft searches for RBS and Natwest - one for identity, the other for affordability/quote. They are definitely not hard searches.

Nothing is showing up on Equifax/Clearscore. I don't trust them though as to whether they are updating. But I know from what everyone has said that Equifax is normally the one Natwest use.

It's nerve-wracking waiting to hear. I'm keen to know if they use Equifax so I can ready myself as there is some slightly worse info on there than on the other two which don't record that one extra account.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Celes wrote: »
    Just wondering if this is still accurate re Natwest and a hard search

Just put in a mortgage AIP and then application via a broker.

On Experian and Karma credit I have got soft searches for RBS and Natwest - one for identity, the other for affordability/quote. They are definitely not hard searches.

Nothing is showing up on Equifax/Clearscore. I don't trust them though as to whether they are updating. But I know from what everyone has said that Equifax is normally the one Natwest use.

It's nerve-wracking waiting to hear. I'm keen to know if they use Equifax so I can ready myself as there is some slightly worse info on there than on the other two which don't record that one extra account.

NatWest checked Equifax for me last April.
  • djphig
    djphig Posts: 57
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I had a AIP for Natwest via a broker 2 weeks ago. They did a hard search
  • Celes
    Celes Posts: 32
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Who with? Do you mind sharing which credit agency(s) they did it with?
  • djphig
    djphig Posts: 57
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I believe Natwest usually use Equifax
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business