AR on credit report

2»

Comments

• SimonBck
    SimonBck Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Barclaycard.have said that they cannot do anything for my account as they are no longer reporting on it due to it being sold to PRA group.
  • SimonBck
    SimonBck wrote: »
    For my Barclaycard account I have AR markers with them then the debt was sold to PRA group which have also added AR markers. Do I need to contact them both?

PRA group have been extremely helpful. They agreed that I should have the account removed from my credit report. They said they will do this in 10 working days. They have also spoken to Barclaycard and told them to follow suit.
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for updating, it's useful. A lot of people don't bother. Updating is helpful for people going through similar situations.
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • SimonBck
    Gaz83 wrote: »
    Thanks for updating, it's useful. A lot of people don't bother. Updating is helpful for people going through similar situations.

Not a problem. This forum has been invaluable for me. I just wish I had found it sooner.
  • edrushuk
    edrushuk Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Well done on your success. I tried to do it with a catalogue and they turned me down. I took it to the Ombudsman and they rejected my claim. The account left my account a few years back but it still left a bitter taste.
  • SimonBck
    Sometimes it depends on who you speak too. Some people are extremely helpful and listen to your case, some just want to close it out and not look into it properly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure