M&S 'Party in' for £10 from 29th - 31st Dec

12346»

Comments

• mcduff16
    mcduff16 Posts: 498 Forumite
    We got the salmon en croute, cheese and garlic bites, duck spring rolls (beats any i`ve had in a chinese restaurant), 12 prawn toast selection (again better than i`ve had in a restaurant) and the mini steak and chicken pies.

I was very impressed and my guests commented that the food was delicious ;)
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Well I thought the the scallop and chorizo with rostis was stunning!!!
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • xellieqx
    xellieqx Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post
    I was well peed off. Went to the Bolton m&s, stood in the queue for an insane amount of time, got IDd for the cava (not sure why this is happening at an arbitrary time in my twenties!), didn't have any ID, but I had to go to Manchester anyway, so didn't mind. Got there and there was nothing but sausage rolls left... not good for a vegetarian party!
    I appreciate that the girl was only doing her job, but as soon as she'd asked me she said 'oh my god, i'm so sorry,' because she knew it was a daft question. But then I appreciated that as soon as she'd asked it she needed to see ID. But really. So annoyed!
  • YOUNGE1
    YOUNGE1 Posts: 367 Forumite
    Glad it's not just me being fussy then. I usually eat pretty much anything.

Definitely poor standard food 1/5 is being generous. I would have cried if I had paid full price for it!
  • We got:

Duck Spring rolls, which were gorgeous!
    Oriental Selection which were yummy.
    Dips, nice as always

Cheese & garlic bites, lovely.
    Indian kebas selection, lovely.
    Mini Sausages, lovely.

Bacon & Cheese rolls, not up to usual std.
    Mini Toad in holes, nice but not enough gravy.
    Mini chicken kievs, not up to usual std.

So all in all pleased with food. :-)
  • We got Oriental Chicken selection (nice), Oriental Prawn selection (again, nice) and Toad in the Hole (not so good and a bit dry). I got a bottle of merlot with it, which I'm saving for an emergency.

Overall, the food was good, but only comparable with Asda (their mini rosti were awesome). Think I'll be sticking with them in future.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    My daughter enjoyed the chicken coujons, the fish ones and the scampi have gone in the freezer. We took the 1/2 bottle of whisky rather than the cava which I believe was only being offered in Scotland.
  • matrich
    matrich Posts: 54 Forumite
    I thought that the food was awful, and sent a very tempered email to customer services. They apologised for not meeting my expectations and asked me to return any packaging and the receipt to my local store for a refund and replacement!:j

We ate the replacements last night and it was wonderful - great service from M+S, and left us with a great meal for free!

I guess it is always worth complaining if you're not happy.:T
  • dazzle21
    dazzle21 Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    i emailed M&S about this a few days ago and they asked me to return the packaging for Investigation by their Food Department, but to be honest was a fairly curt response! Will take the packaging and email in when i'm next in town, as would be interested to see what they say. To be honest i don't mind if they give us nothing back but would like them to realise that some of the food was poor quality by their standards! - and bring back dine in for £10 with large chickens!!
    August: £149/£150

Sept: £200
  • Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows when the next dine in for £10 weekend is?

Thanks
    BB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family