iPhone XR - avoid

I bought an iPhone XR in June 2019 - and I am beyond frustrated. Since Apple's October 2019 software 'upgrade', the phone cannot maintain a reliable connection to the O2 network - I have no idea if this applies to other networks but there are countless reports online of the same issue with the O2 network.

Two days ago, I went to the Apple store in Covent Garden, London (my 3rd visit plus 2 calls to online support during which I was given some absurd advice) and demanded an iPhone, any iPhone that WORKS. Right now, I actually don't give a **** about the model. I just want a phone that I can rely on to maintain a viable connection.

The Genius said he'd escalate my complaint to the 'Lead Genius' and to the legal team. And here's what they said today:

"The response we have had from our legal team is that currently as a software fix is in the works and is due to be released shortly it would not be eligible for a consumer law claim. The current work around when you experience the issue is to toggle airplane mode on and off and check for any future iOS or carrier updates."

In other words. We don't care. Suck it up. **** off we're not interested.

I've been waiting since October and I don't trust Apple any more. Shame on you Apple; resorting to a legal loophole. But a public relations own goal.

The end of my (very) long and lucrative (for Apple) relationship.

Comments

• Probably move this rant to the “praise, vent and warnings section”
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    There's an issue in the latest iOS release that seems to be most noticeable on the XR when used on o2 (some people have reported similar issues on other iPhone models).

It's quite well known and Apple and o2 say it will be rectified soon, probably in the next iOS update (possibly as early as next week).
    ====
  • d123 wrote: »
    There's an issue in the latest iOS release that seems to be most noticeable on the XR when used on o2 (some people have reported similar issues on other iPhone models).

It's quite well known and Apple and o2 say it will be rectified soon, probably in the next iOS update (possibly as early as next week).

Apple are said to be releasing an update to fix this issue in the not so distant future.
  • Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    New User = Rant. No one cares.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Exemplar wrote: »
    New User = Rant

Who also hasn't bothered to return since making said rant...
    ====
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    iOS 13.3.1 was just released and has a fix for this issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure