Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 9th Jan 18, 11:20 PM
    • 4,947Posts
    • 25,060Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner?
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:20 PM
    What are you making for dinner? 9th Jan 18 at 11:20 PM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 05-01-2019 at 6:41 PM.
Page 238
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 13th Sep 19, 3:09 PM
    • 7,000 Posts
    • 50,451 Thanks
    joedenise
    We're having LO veg biryani. Made far too much yesterday!
    • whmf00001
    • By whmf00001 14th Sep 19, 10:54 AM
    • 729 Posts
    • 4,988 Thanks
    whmf00001
    Doing beef stew in SC for tonight but just thought, I could have the rest of the chips from fridge with and egg for lunch. Yay.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 14th Sep 19, 10:57 AM
    • 7,000 Posts
    • 50,451 Thanks
    joedenise
    Making a fish pie for tonight's dinner, will serve with peas & sweetcorn.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 15th Sep 19, 12:08 AM
    • 4,947 Posts
    • 25,060 Thanks
    JIL
    We have been away for a few days and had some lovely food.

We had a fish and chips to share at lunchtime by the sea, we got home about 6.30, we had some nachos with cheese and salsa and I made some refried bean snack things. Very easy but very tasty.

I cut a few wraps in half, put a blob of refried beans on, a bit of grated cheese and some salsa, I ran a flour and water mix round the edges, folded them into triangles, pressed the edges to seal and baked them for 10 mins. Quick and easy.
    • whmf00001
    • By whmf00001 15th Sep 19, 10:07 AM
    • 729 Posts
    • 4,988 Thanks
    whmf00001
    Got lump of hm butter chicken out of freezer for tonight and will have with filled up potato skin, mash/onion, and some strips of courgette. Having the 2nd portion of last nights stew tomorrow.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Sep 19, 11:18 AM
    • 7,000 Posts
    • 50,451 Thanks
    joedenise
    Doing a traybake with pork steaks. Will also do some green beans for colour. Don't think a plate looks complete without some green stuff on it!

Denise
    • C J
    • By C J 15th Sep 19, 2:51 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 7,711 Thanks
    C J
    A busy cooking day here. I’ve made salmon en croute for dinner tonight, portobello mushrooms stuffed with onions, minced beef, rice and herbs for tomorrow night, a big pan of chicken and potato curry to be portioned up for the freezer, a pan of sweet potato, chilli and coconut soup for lunches at work, then a sherry trifle and a massive apple and blackberry plait drizzled with white icing for desserts this week. Thanks to the poster Butterfly Brain for the apple plait recipe (in one of the grocery challenge threads), it is absolutely gorgeous.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • euronorris
    • By euronorris 15th Sep 19, 4:09 PM
    • 10,386 Posts
    • 48,843 Thanks
    euronorris
    DH and DD are having steak with roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli and green beans. I don't really like steak (I know, I know), so I'm having sausages with mine instead.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 15th Sep 19, 9:28 PM
    • 8,138 Posts
    • 53,998 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Chilli that I made th other night (veggie and GF), I had mine mixed in with the last portion of aubergine bake that was in the freezer, which was ok, but I'm kinda glad it's now done.

Got some corn on the cob in Lidl the other day so should prob have one of those at least tomorrow, poss with a Mediterranean tart that's in the freezer (last of a box of two) and some potatoes. OH will likely finish the chilli off.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    • By JIL 15th Sep 19, 10:31 PM
    • 4,947 Posts
    • 25,060 Thanks
    JIL
    Husband got a belly pork joint out of the freezer, it was already cooked and in a plastic bag. I put some chinese seasoning on it and baked it.
    We had that with a homemade prawn fried rice, stirfry veg, some chinese dumplings and prawn crackers.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 16th Sep 19, 6:00 AM
    • 7,000 Posts
    • 50,451 Thanks
    joedenise
    Meat free Monday with a butternut squash & sweet potato curry, will also stir through some spinach at the end. Will serve with brown rice.

Denise
    • klew356
    • By klew356 16th Sep 19, 7:40 AM
    • 606 Posts
    • 2,842 Thanks
    klew356
    Made a big batch of broccoli and cauliflower soup to do for lunches this week, pleased cos it was rather nippy when I was out with the dog this morning! try and not have toast with it.......
    Tonight is steak, turnip, carrots, peas – basically whatever veg iv got without using a potato!
    The tomrorow is beef mince based, not entirely sure what yet but mince!
    • euronorris
    • By euronorris 16th Sep 19, 8:18 AM
    • 10,386 Posts
    • 48,843 Thanks
    euronorris
    Spaghetti Bolognese (with some garlic bread of course!)
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 16th Sep 19, 6:34 PM
    • 8,138 Posts
    • 53,998 Thanks
    kerri gt
    OH had chilli on mash as I thought he would and I had the Mediterranean tart, with boiled spuds and corn on the cob as planned.

Not sure about tomorrow yet, have eaten enough today for tomorrow too...oops
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    • By JIL 16th Sep 19, 9:47 PM
    • 4,947 Posts
    • 25,060 Thanks
    JIL
    We had breaded chicken/halloumi, salad and new potatoes.
    • Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 17th Sep 19, 5:46 PM
    • 1,259 Posts
    • 15,207 Thanks
    Gintotmelinda
    We had Hunters chicken with mashed potaro, peas,carrots and home grown runner beans. The chaps are having the rest of the apple and blackberry crumble.for pudding.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
    • JIL
    • By JIL 18th Sep 19, 12:10 AM
    • 4,947 Posts
    • 25,060 Thanks
    JIL
    Cottage pie and savoy cabbage.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 18th Sep 19, 7:56 AM
    • 7,000 Posts
    • 50,451 Thanks
    joedenise
    Am making 2 pea soup for lunch which uses up some split peas from the cupboard and peas from freezer. Also an onion and small potato from stores.

Tonight's dinner will be gammon steak from freezer. Will have with bubble and squeak using up LO mash from yesterday. Will also have a fried egg and baked beans from stores.

Denise
    • klew356
    • By klew356 18th Sep 19, 11:52 AM
    • 606 Posts
    • 2,842 Thanks
    klew356
    Made Bolognese last night , it wasn’t my best effort I have to say, served in the stand and stuffs to finish them off with salad. Leftovers tonight. mug shot for lunch to make a break from the soup! Need inspiration for tomorrow and Friday night hmmm
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 18th Sep 19, 1:21 PM
    • 7,000 Posts
    • 50,451 Thanks
    joedenise
    Am making 2 pea soup for lunch which uses up some split peas from the cupboard and peas from freezer. Also an onion and small potato from stores.

Tonight's dinner will be gammon steak from freezer. Will have with bubble and squeak using up LO mash from yesterday. Will also have a fried egg and baked beans from stores.

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    Change of plan for lunch as was later home from the hospital then anticipated so just had a tuna salad. Will have the soup tomorrow when I've got more time to cook.

Denise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

843Posts Today

7,571Users online

Martin's Twitter