Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 29th Dec 18, 7:41 AM
    • 12,041Posts
    • 84,112Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again
    • 29th Dec 18, 7:41 AM
    Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again 29th Dec 18 at 7:41 AM
    Good Morning Lovely Ladies (And Gents - if are are reading along).

Are you ready to start the New Year with a sparkle in your eye and a spring in your footsteps or are you feeling a little jaded, a little worse for wear, a tad sad and neglected.

Do you feel invisible. Does the face that stares back at you from the mirror seem like a stranger to you.

Just who is that tired old lady looking back out at you.

In short, have you become a Frump!!!

Well fret ye not, salvation is at hand.

Join our merry gang and make this the year you transform yourself.

Ditch the Frump and become the Fabulous Woman you know you can be.

And have some fun along the way.

The Story So Far.......

I have been looking back and I was astonished to discover that the First Frump to Fab thread began in 2011. Wow.

Tempus Fugit and all that.

Am I fabulous yet. Almost.

How did it all begin.

Well one day my son took a photo of me in an unguarded moment. I took one look and burst into tears. Who was that old hag, that strange woman who looked like a bag lady. That couldn't be me. So I ran upstairs and took a good hard look in a full length mirror.

Yes, dear reader, it was me.

I stopped snivelling and faced the truth. I was a mess. I resolved then and there to do something about it. I didn't know what that something was because at the time I was caring for my terminally ill husband and staring bankruptcy in the face.

I was exhausted, I looked terrible and if I'm honest, I felt desperate. I didn't know what I was going to do, or where to begin so I started the first Frump to Fab thread as a diary to spur me on and keep me motivated.

And the rest is history.

My life is truly unrecognisable from that day. And I am not the same woman.

I look better, feel better, my finances are better. I AM better.

Not quite Goddess standard yet but getting there and working towards being fabulous and having a fabulous life.

So......if you want to "Change Your Stars" then join our merry gang.

Let's make 2019 the best one yet.

And......more Importantly, let's have some fun along the way.

One Golden Rule Please.

Be kind to one another.

Please do not be harsh or judgemental to others. None of us is perfect. It doesn't matter how we became Frumps what matters is how we are going to reclaim our looks, our energy, our joire de vie.

The past is the past and why we became Frumps is no longer relevant. It doesn't matter how we got here, what matters is how we move forward.

We are all here because we want to make things better. We want to look attractive, some of us might want to improve our health and fitness. All of us on here aspire to being the best we can be. So let's support each other.

For the Newbies, the Lurkers and as a refresher course for our regular members ......

I have posted the new thread earlier this year to give us some time to reflect and decide exactly what we want to achieve next year. Time to set goals, time for some strategic planning.

Over the next few days, in true MSE fashion, myself and our regulars will be talking about some simple easy and FREE steps you can make as you prepare to start as your journey to Fabdom.

So Welcome Everyone.

Let's get this show on the road.....

Let's Rock!!!!

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Tine; 03-04-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Page 116
    • Elmo luvs you
    • By Elmo luvs you 13th Sep 19, 3:09 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Elmo luvs you
    Currently 31 here but "FeelsLike 37" Melting. And the heat is making my skin breakout, especially the side of my face I sleep on. Been using cleansers, a light moisturising mask, and drinking plenty of water.

Glad I bought a bb cream instead of foundation. Loving my new lighter makeup look, and trying to keep on top of the basic grooming. Should ask my Aunty for nail polish and do a little mani/pedi.
    Having a casual dinner party this evening going to wear a lovely dress I bought on eBay - got loads of compliments when I went to karaoke in it before. It has half length sleeves, sits above the knee, it's a sort of paisley print in black, red and gold/biscuit colours.
    Elmo xx

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2019
    Frump to Fab 2019
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 14th Sep 19, 12:10 PM
    • 27,566 Posts
    • 117,438 Thanks
    candygirl
    DS1 is a huge Muse fan. They were scheduled to see them in Birmingham on Tuesday but have had to cancel due to a business trip. I would go in their stead but I'm on granny duty so I can't go either. DS2s girl is a nurse and can't change her shift either.

I have got a funeral a week on Friday and although I don't normally wear dark colours I do have one navy dress that is suitable. It's a long sleeved jersey wrap around so should be ok.

Candy.....hope the hair cut goes well. I have thin baby fine hair now too. Such a nuisance but since I've changed hairdressers it looks much better. I also use a thickening gel before blow drying. Have you tried those fibres you can sprinkle on to your scalp. I use them sometimes, very effective, they really work well for me.
    Originally posted by lessonlearned
    My hair's miles better, it's a chin length curly bob now, n back blonde again I also did my nails in deep turquoise n purple, m y two fave colours .I've used turquoise since the mid 80's , n it's come back in fashion again
    What gel is it hun?
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 14th Sep 19, 1:35 PM
    • 12,041 Posts
    • 84,112 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    It's called Redken thickening lotion, although I think it is quite thick with a more gel like consistency than a runny lotion. I got it direct from the hair salon. I think it was about 12 but it has lasted ages (over a year now). You only need a tiny amount.

The fibres I sprinkle on my scalp are called Mirage hair thickening fibres. My hairdresser gave me a free bottle but I have seen similar in Boots for around 20. Again you only need a tiny amount. They come in several shades and really do a good job at covering up thin patches where you can see too much scalp.

Although tbh since my health has improved and my adrenals and thyroid are functioning better my hair has improved. And the better hair cut makes it look much thicker. I've not actually had to use the fibres for a while now.
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 15th Sep 19, 10:04 AM
    • 1,817 Posts
    • 12,621 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    I am feeling so blessed
    Elmo I am surprised that 31 degrees is feeling hot to you, but it is good that you are coping with the temperature. I bet your cousin/best friend is loving having you there by her side.

We are enjoying lots of sunshine in South London at the moment, so once again I am in summer clothing, sandals and sunglasses.

My younger son who is 19 years old and at university decided to come home on Friday for a week to visit us and I am so pleased and so is his sister.

Yesterday I had a free ticket to go and watch Heartbeat of Home at The Piccadilly Theatre. I was sitting in Row B so I had an unimpeded view of the dancers and musicians on the stage.

It was my first visit to The Piccadilly Theatre, but I had planned my journey with TFL journey planner before leaving home.

Hearbeat of Home completely exceeded my high expectations. It is a wonderful dance and musical extravaganza with extremely talented dancers and live musicians. I was very happy and emotional throughout both acts of the show. The dancers did Irish dancing in the main, but there were a flamenco dancing couple, 2 salsa dancing couples and 3 contemporary dancers and a female vocalist with 7 musicians to complete the company of dancers. I absolutely adored every single minute of this musical show.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 15th Sep 19, 11:49 AM
    • 12,041 Posts
    • 84,112 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone.

Just having a quick coffee and 5 minutes break. Working like a demon after having woken up stiff and sore. Who needs a gym workout when you are up to your neck diy and gardening.

I have a helper here this morning doing the heavy stuff in the back garden and my trusty builder is busy plastering the dining room as we speak.

My gardener really made my day. He thinks my front garden has the best "kerb appeal" in the street. It is a riot of colour at moment. I am aiming for a sort of "cottage garden" effect with all the old fashioned flowers, going to let some of them seed so hopefully there will be plenty of self sets next year.

Just need to get some nice rose bushes now. Not a bad outcome considering it was a weed infested jungle this time last year. I had to rip everything out and start again. It has been a real battle keeping the weed seedlings down but am hoping that as the new planting matures and spreads it will keep the weeds at bay. One or two neighbours have said how nice it looks.

Last week my son removed the tatty fake window shutters and all manner of defunct electrical cabling for tv aerials, phones etc. I want to paint the outside but realistically that will be next year now.

Step by step.

Need to book a hair cut soon. Its obviously a lot healthier and stronger than it was because it is growing a lot more quickly than it did previously.

All good....
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 15th Sep 19, 12:11 PM
    • 3,433 Posts
    • 24,339 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I'm about to have a shower and use body lotion afterwards.

I'm going to wear my new black dress, black leggings and my black sandals with my new black and white bag and my sunnies.

I don't think I even need to take a cardigan.

We are going for pizza, then watch the Fast & Furious film and then hit a few bars before going to the gig.

We are enjoying lots of sunshine in South London at the moment, so once again I am in summer clothing, sandals and sunglasses.
    Originally posted by sugarbaby125
    It's really warm, we just dropped the dogs off at the vet and then had to get off the bus early and walk back and it is like summer again here.
    Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.
    • pattypan4
    • By pattypan4 15th Sep 19, 1:40 PM
    • 322 Posts
    • 1,297 Thanks
    pattypan4
    Its about time I raised my head above the parapet and joined you. I seem to have spent at least a year with full on manual work, all to do with moving house solo, alone, by myself. I have been constantly full of aches and pains, my nails are tatty, my everyday clothes have been workware, old trousers and t shirts but suddenly I seem to be at the end of the transformation of builders rubble into a future proofed and beautiful garden. The house itself is good and needs nothing doing now, apart from sorting

I like your upbeat ways lesson learned, you shrug your shoulders and just get on with it

I am starting with my skin and s*d the savings, I am going the elemis route, stating with the qvc tsv today. I added a couple more items from fragrance direct and that is my skin and bodycare sorted. I have to do a bit of sorting in the department, some older oils etc. They are going, I need to start afresh with a dedicated programme

I am no good with clothes but have advanced slightly today, am wearing a skirt instead of trousers. It will help if I lose some pounds, all that comfort eating has done me no good at all
    • maman
    • By maman 15th Sep 19, 4:03 PM
    • 20,667 Posts
    • 122,821 Thanks
    maman
    Welcome patty. What a good idea to focus on yourself now that you've got the house move and all the work behind you. I don't blame you starting with a luxury skincare routine. Like most things, once you get it under control, it'll cost less for maintenance. I'd suggest do some DIY on your workworn nails/hands at the same time. Mine are looking realy healthy au naturel at the moment. I cut them back really short and gave them daily lashings of oil and handcream. I've filed them into a neat shape and buffed and polished as they've grown and over time (about 2 months) they've grown through beautifully.

I think a front garden crammed full of perennials is a good look LL and it doesn't need massive maintenance as it's not supposed to be too regimented and there's not enough room for weeds. Front gardens are more about kerb appeal and for us to enjoy both from the house and arriving home. It's not as if it's somewhere where you need to be able to sit.

It's a glorious summer's day here too. It really lifts the spirits. It was my DH's birthday yesterday but as we had a Heritage Weekend event to attend we split the celebrations between Friday and today. Friday DD1 came round and we had cake and bubbles, today we've been out for lunch with DD2. I did think of wearing my spotty Zara dress but went for the Nobody's Child wrap dress in the end as it was warm enough for a shorter sleeve.
    https://www.nobodyschild.com/clothing/dresses/black-and-white-floral-willow-wrap-midi-dress.html

It was just as well as there was a woman in the restaurant wearing the exact same Zara dress!

Have a great time at your gig tonight Wednesday and all the fun leading up to it.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 15th Sep 19, 5:37 PM
    • 12,041 Posts
    • 84,112 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Hello Patty. Welcome aboard the Fab Express. Good idea to focus on yourself now that you've broken the back of the garden makeover. I read in the winter prep thread that you were also busy with getting stoves fitted etc. (Think it was you......apologies if I'm wrong). Anyway it sounds like you've been busy so time to reward yourself with a bit of TLC.

It's hard isn't it when you move house and attempt house renovations whilst flying solo. Although I am used to house renovations this is the first time in over 40 years that I have been completely alone, sometimes an extra pair of hands would be so useful.

I have recently had to concede defeat and I now employ a labourer on a casual basis - usually a Sunday - to help me with the "muscle jobs". He doesn't know much about diy and he's no gardener so he needs guidance and supervision but he's a quick learner and he seems very keen to acquire some skills. So it's a bit of a win-win - he gains experience and broadens his skill base and I get some muscle and a much needed extra pair of hands.

Speaking of hands - mine are in a shocking state - so dry they are actually sore and it's not even winter yet. My dad was a gardener/diy enthusiast and he swore by a product called O'Keefes. I think I will try some, my usual hand creams just aren't touching it, in fact they sting a bit. Oddly enough I have no problem with my nails, they are strong and healthy and grow like Billy O. I do tend to keep them fairly short though, maybe that helps.

Lovely weather here too, and set for the week I think so hopefully I will be able to crack on and get quite a bit done before the weather breaks and real autumn sets in.

I have been doing lots of washing too, sofa covers, throws, knitwear etc.

I'm glad I had the foresight to do a load of batch cooking before this particular round of decorating and gardening. At least I have supply of home made ready meals and quick easy suppers for when I'm tired.

Tonight I'm done for so it will probably be a lazy evening on the sofa and a nice film and then Sanditon followed by a fairly early night.

Wednesday.....Enjoy yourself tonight, hope you have a great time.
    • pattypan4
    • By pattypan4 15th Sep 19, 6:18 PM
    • 322 Posts
    • 1,297 Thanks
    pattypan4
    thanks for the fab welcome

yes very hard when flying solo but tis done and yes it is time for me

I used some very good moisturiser with spf 50 on my face today and am feeling the benefit of smooth skin. I did order an elemis exfoliator, just the mild one for sensitive skin, got to start slow. My nails are trimmed and oiled and I will work on them patiently, every day, watch this space. I am hoping the oils work magic on my cuticles too

So I am on the way, just ordered some suitable tights for the short `mature` well endowed figure, including some for autumn/winter. I have some lovely waisted retro dresses hanging unworn in a wardrobe, they will be perfect with a camisole and tights. It is hard to transfer from trousers to a dress but I will do it
    • maman
    • By maman 15th Sep 19, 6:47 PM
    • 20,667 Posts
    • 122,821 Thanks
    maman
    thanks for the fab welcome

yes very hard when flying solo but tis done and yes it is time for me

I used some very good moisturiser with spf 50 on my face today and am feeling the benefit of smooth skin. I did order an elemis exfoliator, just the mild one for sensitive skin, got to start slow. My nails are trimmed and oiled and I will work on them patiently, every day, watch this space. I am hoping the oils work magic on my cuticles too

So I am on the way, just ordered some suitable tights for the short `mature` well endowed figure, including some for autumn/winter. I have some lovely waisted retro dresses hanging unworn in a wardrobe, they will be perfect with a camisole and tights. It is hard to transfer from trousers to a dress but I will do it
    Originally posted by pattypan4
    Well done for getting started on your fabbing!

I like the look of a dress with thick tights or leggings. It's something Wednesday does a lot too. The dress I wore today was fine on its own but a couple of weeks ago when it was really cold (British weather ) I wore the same dress layered over a long sleeved black top and leggings.

I'm really reluctant to wear tights. It always feels like giving up on summer. I always try to hang on until around the end of October.
    • ska lover
    • By ska lover 15th Sep 19, 9:56 PM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 8,367 Thanks
    ska lover
    I always wear thick tights with my dresses, i have such pasty legs it looks ridiculous haha

I see people are talking about thinning hair, this has been a real problem for me over the last year - Does anyone use any of the Watermans products (shampoos conditioners lotions) I wondered?

I have tried a couple of bottles of their shampoo - and my thinning hair really gives me anxiety - however I style it, it always looks awful to me
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
    • pattypan4
    • By pattypan4 16th Sep 19, 6:27 AM
    • 322 Posts
    • 1,297 Thanks
    pattypan4
    my hair started to thin several months after my husband died, it was noticeable to me about a year later, I had a good hairdresser who gave me a nice whispy cut, she said to up my protein. I did religiously and we need more protein as we get older btw, that coincides with a smaller appetite so a bit of re-balancing was needed. It worked and my hair grew to nice and thick and then I decided to move house. What followed was 18 months of utter relentless stress and a few weeks ago, I noticed it was getting thinner again.

I believe that my stress is over from this week and I am in the settling in stage with a lot more time for me. I am making a point now of eating protein several times a day, just some nuts, cottage cheese, a few beans, some meat or half a tin of sardines. I am adding protein and oil via shelled hemp in my breakfast so it is a good start to my day. My hair will thicken again. The commercial hair thinning pills are useless btw, it has to come primarily from diet. I did not take enough care to have enough protein when in throes of moving stress

I am creaming my feet too and observing the slow rate of growth of one thickened nail, it still has 1/3 of a nail length of growing and cutting but grows so slowly. It is difficult to cut and scary but is do-able after a shower using some special nail clippers that I bought via amazon. I wore sandals yesterday and my feet did not embarrass me but not that much was exposed. Drying between toes every time is key to not getting that again

Remember Gok Wan, I would be a perfect candidate, do not have natural style but am a do-er and very good at diy which has served me well. I must develop the style part of my brain
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 16th Sep 19, 8:48 AM
    • 12,041 Posts
    • 84,112 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning lovely ladies.

Just a had a nice long soak in the bath, lots of slathering, styled my hair. I'm not going anywhere, in fact my son is coming and we shall be decorating (again, getting a bit fed up now) but I feel better for some serious fabbing this morning.

Patty. Re "finding your style". I think a good place to start is looking at some of the best dressed lists for women in our age group. Also think about your favourite film icons, what do you like about them, could you adapt their look to suit you.

Think about your body shape, colouring etc. I think if you learn how to dress for your shape and wear colours that flatter you then you are more than half way there.

Are you ready for a game.......

A while back we played a little game called "filmspiration". we discussed some favourite films and how the female stars were dressed. Also some of the all time fashion icons and why they have stood the test of time. What is it about their enduring appeal and what makes their style so timeless.

Designers such as Coco Chanel always pointed out that fashion is fleeting but style lasts a lifetime. You can be stylish and elegant well into your nineties.

I shall be attending the funeral of an aunt on Friday. She was 93. I last saw her a couple of years ago at my father's funeral. As always, even though she was 91 and very frail and suffering from Alzheimer's, she was still beautifully and elegantly dressed, make up, perfume and jewellery.

She wasn't well off but she always looked like a million dollars. As we all say on here you don't need to be rich to be fab.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 16-09-2019 at 9:27 AM.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 16th Sep 19, 9:08 AM
    • 12,041 Posts
    • 84,112 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Ok I'll start the filmspiration game with my favourite style icons. There are dozens of them but I'll narrow it down, so if I've missed some of your favourites it's not that I don't like them. I could talk about movie stars for hours. I'd be here all day.

First the obvious - the Hepburns, both Audrey and Katherine. Jackie Kennedy/Onassis and Princess Diana, Iman, Kate Winslett, Cate Blanchette, Jane Fonda, Sophia Loren. And my personal favourite Helen Mirren - who I am said to resemble (on a good day). Can't see it myself. . I have better legs, she has cankles, lol. Bless her.....but, she knows that they aren't her best feature so she tends to cover her legs.

Marlene Dietrich was another one. When she was young she had amazing legs. Legend had it she insured them for 1 million dollars. Don't know whether that's true. But apparently when she was older her legs were a mess, so to keep the mystique and allure she kept them covered, either with her famous trouser suits or fabulous long evening gowns.

I think that's part of the secret.....work with what Mother Nature gave you. Disguise the bad bits and flaunt your assets......lol.

There are loads of films that have inspired me and taught me to "dress up and show up". The Thomas Crown Affair - both versions but especially the later version because Renee Rousso was older than the Fay Dunnaway version. She gave a masterclass in grown up glamour. Sabrina - again both versions but I think the Hepburn version has the edge on style.

As I said my list is long and I draw inspiration from many sources, even a painting in a gallery. Some of the great beauties through history have been pretty snazzy dressers. You only have to look at the costumes in period dramas - they really are exquisite.

Some of my sources nearer to home have been relatives. My aunts were all very stylish women and I can distinctly remember my English teacher loved clothes and had a very extensive wardrobe. I went to an all girls school and we used to love to talk to her about her clothes.

I can also recommend getting hold of some style books. I buy them from Amazon, some of them for as little as 0.1p plus postage.

One of my favourites is a book called "More Dash than Cash" published under the umbrella of Vogue. There are several editions and although they are now several decades old - I think the first one was written in the 80’s - the advice and tips are still relevant today.

Just goes to prove that true style never dates.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 16-09-2019 at 9:30 AM.
    • chanie
    • By chanie 16th Sep 19, 10:56 AM
    • 2,362 Posts
    • 12,935 Thanks
    chanie
    HI fabbers,

We got back from Calais and I'm already planning our next trip. It was a hectic day, but we really enjoyed the trip - I have never driven abroad before, so I was a bit nervous, but it was fine.

Going back to the point on style, I worked Central London and so I see lots of different types of clothing. What has stood out to me is that the most stylish people look as if their outfits were made specifically for them - so trouser lengths hit at exactly the right place, nothing is too baggy or too loose. Its all very subtle, but looks amazing.
    2019 savings on purchases 3951.35
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More - a spending diary
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5576179
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 16th Sep 19, 12:03 PM
    • 4,281 Posts
    • 67,950 Thanks
    silvasava
    Hi Patty - sounds like you have a plan!
    One of the style books I found useful was by Carole Jackson of Colour Me Beautiful - it was how to dress for your body shape. Not only the styles but the colour and type of patterns on clothing too.
    LL - one of the Hollywood designers was a lady called Edith Head - she designed for many of the stars you like - her designs were always elegant and understated and looked terrific.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 16th Sep 19, 1:59 PM
    • 3,433 Posts
    • 24,339 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    The concert was so amazing last night. I really liked the Hobbs & Shaw Fast and Furious film that we saw beforehand too as it was very funny.

I had the pasta at Pizza Express and that was delicious as well.

I'm going out on this week to meet my friends in Shoreditch for a meal. I'm not sure what to wear yet.

I like the look of a dress with thick tights or leggings. It's something Wednesday does a lot too.
    Originally posted by maman
    Yes, that is my uniform, lol. I never wear trousers as I know that mini dresses with leggings or on the other hand long maxi dresses suit me the most.

Its about time I raised my head above the parapet and joined you. I seem to have spent at least a year with full on manual work, all to do with moving house solo, alone, by myself. I have been constantly full of aches and pains, my nails are tatty, my everyday clothes have been workware, old trousers and t shirts but suddenly I seem to be at the end of the transformation of builders rubble into a future proofed and beautiful garden. The house itself is good and needs nothing doing now, apart from sorting

I like your upbeat ways lesson learned, you shrug your shoulders and just get on with it

I am starting with my skin and s*d the savings, I am going the elemis route, stating with the qvc tsv today. I added a couple more items from fragrance direct and that is my skin and bodycare sorted. I have to do a bit of sorting in the department, some older oils etc. They are going, I need to start afresh with a dedicated programme

I am no good with clothes but have advanced slightly today, am wearing a skirt instead of trousers. It will help if I lose some pounds, all that comfort eating has done me no good at all
    Originally posted by pattypan4
    Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.
    • pattypan4
    • By pattypan4 17th Sep 19, 9:13 AM
    • 322 Posts
    • 1,297 Thanks
    pattypan4
    I have to make a bedtime routine and not wait until I am too tired to bother with pampering. Last night I didn`t put anything on my face, so yes I need to fix a routine for myself. I am a busy bee, all mostly diy and a new garden and out on my bike, tiredness catches up with me by 10

My elemis has all arrived today including the order from fragrance direct, am very happy, I bought some beautiful vera wang flower priness frangrances for my 2 dgd and a calvin klein one for a dgs, all in or about to enter puberty. Sale prices and tucked away for christmas
    Later today I will cleanse and put a dab of rose oil on at least
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 19th Sep 19, 10:12 AM
    • 12,041 Posts
    • 84,112 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning lovely ladies

What a glorious morning. One of those perfect Indian Summer days.

My son will be arriving shortly and we are going to crack on. Bedroom coming along nicely. The rest of the house is a pig stye of course but never mind, it will be worth it.

Just going to make a banana cake for him with bananas that are about to go over. Very MSE.

Well done starting your new regime Patty. I often find I'm too tired late at night so rather than wait until bedtime I often remove my make up and cleanse my face earlier in the evening. That way I know it will get done.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 19-09-2019 at 1:04 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,584Posts Today

6,878Users online

Martin's Twitter