Swagbucking into 2019... Nearly ;)

Comments

• To Do Bonus Step 1 = 4sbs
    To Do Bonus Step 2 = 8sbs

Quick and easy Gold Survey

5 min 60 SB 42351327

About photographic/video equipment for people who have a photography hobby.
  • John1963
    John1963 Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 December 2018 at 11:31AM
    For what it's worth (only 1 SB per day actually!) - the Toolbar Watch seems to be working from the Swagbutton for me again. It was out for at least a month. Whatever the problem was has clearly been sorted.
  • ncrave counts, and so does ...

Thanks. I'm temporarily in France and although I was using a VPN and spoofing an UK IP Address it was still misbehaving - particularly the Peanut Labs Surveys. So I'm trying the SmartStream service from StreamVia and the site now works better, including Watch so I've now managed to complete Swago as a result:).
  • I haven't run Smores/EngagMetv since they stopped running automatically in the background.
    Today I tried Smores and saw it was running and I was credited with the 1sb for a full set of ads. Then I noticed the following message.

Notice: Rewards Unavailable
    Unfortunately this device or IP is ineligible for rewards. However, you can still enjoy all of the great content that Smores.tv has to offer. So, feel free to stick around and keep watching.
    A Few Reasons Why You Are Seeing This Message:
    You are connected to a VPN
    Some public and commercial WiFi networks are blocked from rewards
    You are using a newly-released device with compatibility issues
    Come back tomorrow. Our IP based blocks are updated constantly all day. If it was an error it should resolve soon

I'm not doing anything they suggest could be the reason, I'm even using the same laptop, nothing has changed.
    It's a shame because it seemed to be running well for the first time in weeks.
    Has anyone else had this message?:(
  • I just wanted to thank everyone on this thread and the Swagbucking into 2018 thread for all their help. I joined Swagbucks mid January 2018 and have cashed out nearly £200 in Amazon and Mastercard vouchers. The Swagbucks threads here were so helpful. Thank you :)
    £2 Savers Club for 2019 #11. Target = £250 by July
  • John1963
    John1963 Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 December 2018 at 12:44PM
    sonjaday wrote: »
    I haven't run Smores/EngagMetv since they stopped running automatically in the background.
    Today I tried Smores and saw it was running and I was credited with the 1sb for a full set of ads. Then I noticed the following message.

Notice: Rewards Unavailable
    Unfortunately this device or IP is ineligible for rewards. However, you can still enjoy all of the great content that Smores.tv has to offer. So, feel free to stick around and keep watching.
    A Few Reasons Why You Are Seeing This Message:
    You are connected to a VPN
    Some public and commercial WiFi networks are blocked from rewards
    You are using a newly-released device with compatibility issues
    Come back tomorrow. Our IP based blocks are updated constantly all day. If it was an error it should resolve soon

I'm not doing anything they suggest could be the reason, I'm even using the same laptop, nothing has changed.
    It's a shame because it seemed to be running well for the first time in weeks.
    Has anyone else had this message?:(

Yes - I've had it and one that says "You have been banned for 2 hours for skipping content too much". Yours is highly likely to be a temporary ban. The full ban message is bland ISP block screen which says something like "site inaccessible" or "you do not have permission to..."..

The complete ban happens when you don't "play the game i.e act unreasonably". Tips:
    1. Leaving unattended for too long can be risky if the system freezes up for any reason (had a ban when a video freezes and also when my web service has failed).

2. Not responding to "Ate You Still There" has been an issue in the past but doesn't seem to affect things now.

3. Don't skip ads, even if invited to do so, that will certainly cause the 2-hour ban.

4. Don't run multiple Adscend windows.

5. Remember how Adscend make their money, i.e. by people being exposed to ads, therefore don't disrupt a running ad under any circumstances.

6. The bottom line is to act reasonably (within reason) as time goes on you can recognise were you go wrong by learning from mistakes, I've been banned for months before now and am better at "playing the game" meaning I have avoided a complete ban for a while - could still happen though!

Hope this helps. On some occasions the ban is temporary but can last for weeks/months if the mark is completely over-stepped.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks. I'm temporarily in France and although I was using a VPN and spoofing an UK IP Address it was still misbehaving - particularly the Peanut Labs Surveys. So I'm trying the SmartStream service from StreamVia and the site now works better, including Watch so I've now managed to complete Swago as a result:).
    Okay, somebody's gotta say it. Using a VPN is against Swagbucks terms of service and will lead to a suspension of the account.
  • sonjaday
    sonjaday Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Smores/EngageMe tv not crediting.
    John1963 wrote: »
    Yes - I've had it and one that says "You have been banned for 2 hours for skipping content too much". Yours is highly likely to be a temporary ban. The full ban message is bland ISP block screen which says something like "site inaccessible" or "you do not have permission to..."..

Hope this helps. On some occasions the ban is temporary but can last for weeks/months if the mark is completely over-stepped.
    Thank you John1963, I do leave it unattended in it's own window and only check back now and again, although that's what I've always done, it could be a problem now.
    Thanks again for helping, much appreciated.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    polkadot wrote: »
    I have 4 items left on my SWAGO, I've never had that many before. One of them is earn from your referral. How many SB does my referral need to have for me to earn? I've never done the referrals before. But DH has let me use his email as long as I do the work for him.

When I had it a while ago the referral needed only 1SB, i.e. they had to earn 10 SB, something you can guarantee to do very quickly through the SB Mobile app or Play. Good Luck
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    antrobus wrote: »
    No, I have found such warnings few and far between.

I thought it might be helpful to bring it to people's attention that there was such a warning on a seemingly to good to be true 128SB instant offer.

Please yourself if you don't.

I appreciate the tip off and I appreciate most of these clicks are mining info, but like others in this case my anti-virus flatly refused to connect me to the site as a threat and quarantined it. That suggests it is a bit more sinister.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure