My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That's not good about the fruit. What a waste of money :mad:.

Good luck in the Swedish store :eek:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    I would have a word with customer services at Mr S about your unsatisfactory fruit, and give them a chance to put it right. They are usually quite good about these things. If you have any left, take them with you.
    I was at work so threw it away,the rest of the oranges in the bag were ok though,I just admit its very unusual for Mr S
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    That's not good about the fruit. What a waste of money :mad:.

Good luck in the Swedish store :eek:.
    I only wasted one the others were ok but I don't expect to buy fruit from Mr S and for it to be off,the Swedish store actually wasn't as bad I thought it would be,last time we went on a Sunday and that was worse :rotfl:
  • Onebrokelady
    edited 30 October 2018 at 12:10AM
    Options
    Well the weather has well and truely turned today,it's soooo cold out there the wind is bitter
    I overslept this morning so we were later going out,I was a bit chilly in bed last night,I have a thick duvet but don't wear anything in bed and my shoulders were cold,I might have to break out the T-shirts I wear to bed in the winter at this rate
    We went to the Swedish store because my daughter wants to buy a plastic storage box to make into a house for her hamster,but the lids didn't clip on so we didn't buy it,she did find the underbed storage box that we couldn't get last time though,any way we were going home and she was looking at the website and it turns out they sell clips to keep the lids on the box she wanted to buy,we were too far away to turn around and go back though so didn't end up getting it:( I'm going to go back myself on my day off to get one,what a pain in the neck

Today was supposed to be a NSD but because we left late we were out over lunch time so we had to buy a sandwich from B00tz it was cheaper than going to a coffee shop though

We got off the bus in town and went to the frozen food shop because DD wanted to look at their new vegan range and while we were there I noticed they had the family sized bag of Quorn pieces for £2.79 and 8 Quorn chicken burgers for £2.79 ,I normaly pay £3.50 for these in Mr S so I bought some for the freezer,I also got some Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers to try as well,I'm cooking my butternut squash and gnocchi bake this week but I wanted some quick bits in that I can just chuck in the oven when I'm too tired to make anything,I will just need to buy fruit and veg now this week

DDis hassling me to take the dog out now so I will be back later I expect :)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You need a lot of stamina for the Swedish Emporium, OBL. I used to live quite near to the branch in my county & was always popping in (it was back in the Spendy Years). Now I reckon we go maybe 2 or 3 times a year max & I don't remotely miss it. There are some great bargains, but also a heck of a lot of unnecessary plastic gizmos. I like the free coffee top-ups though!
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi OBL , I get overwhelmed the Swedish store so only go about twice a year. I hope your DGS is getting better now. I don't know about you but I am sure all my germs come from the little people in my life.

Have you made a final decision on your working hours ?
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    You need a lot of stamina for the Swedish Emporium, OBL. I used to live quite near to the branch in my county & was always popping in (it was back in the Spendy Years). Now I reckon we go maybe 2 or 3 times a year max & I don't remotely miss it. There are some great bargains, but also a heck of a lot of unnecessary plastic gizmos. I like the free coffee top-ups though!
    You certainly do :rotfl: I have waited years for this store to open and was soooo excited when it did but now I've been Im actually not that fussed,it's nice to know it's there if I require any Swedish merchandise but I'm not buying anything unless it's a need and not a want, I have family card too but forgot to use it today :mad:
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hi OBL , I get overwhelmed the Swedish store so only go about twice a year. I hope your DGS is getting better now. I don't know about you but I am sure all my germs come from the little people in my life.

Have you made a final decision on your working hours ?

I am getting the hang of navigating it now,but I do feel like I have been processed through by the time I get to the check out:rotfl:
    DGS is coming tomorrow so I will see then if he is better,they had their photo shoot and he looks quite happy in the photos I've seen on FB so far,I have been ill with one thing after another since I started looking after DGS,I thought I was immune to most things seeing as I work on a children's ward but apparently grandchildren's bugs are superbugs :eek:

After being adamant earlier about putting my hours back up I'm now not too sure,I will explain in today's diary update :)
  • Onebrokelady
    edited 30 October 2018 at 12:55AM
    Options
    Right the main thing to note today is that I have rechecked my finances and I had earned slightly more than my original forecast,I have crunched yet more numbers today and I think I might just be able to keep my reduced hours if the following happen
    I get the single persons living allowance on my council tax
    I get rostered on to do two sundays a month
    SC allow me to drop my payment by £34 a month to £100
    I only save £50 a month for emergencies instead of £100
    I go riding every other week instead of every week
    We get paid our unsocial hours in arrears and I have worked two sundays in October so I will get this on the November paydate,I am now going to wait until the November paydate to see how much I earn and how much my deductions will be before I make a decision
    I have worked out this months budget and I have enough money to cover all my bills and for food and SC but no money for savings because I only worked one Sunday last month,I'm not too worried about this happening just for one month and I had the £100 that my mum gave me so that has gone into the emergency fund anyway,I also can't go riding until after the November paydate as it's just too tight this month,but missing 4 weeks is not going to make a huge difference to me anyway plus the weather is probably not going to be too good either
    If all this comes together I should be able to stay on my reduced hours,so I just have to wait one more month to find out,I also need to make sure I am paying attention to my budget and not taking my eye off the being frugal ball,I know I can do this I just need to FOCUS

Right now I've got that off my chest a little bit about today
    I went to the Swedish store and got DD her box today,I was like a shopping ninja,in one door straight through the store without looking at anything,picked up the box,lid and clips then straight to the till, I did stop for a coffee in the little cafe as you leave because I had a 20 minute wait for the bus and it was freezing today so I wasn't going to hang around outside, then on the bus straight back home again

I had my lunch and did my budget which worked out better than I thought so that cheered me up,then I cleaned and tidied the kitchen put on a load of washing,polished the living room and hoovered the house,by this time it was time to cook tea followed by taking the dog out,a shower and sit down to watch a programme on Netflix
    I was supposed to make my gnocchi bake today but was too tired so I had something from the freezer for tea and I'm going to cook the gnocchi tomorrow
    DGS is here for the day tomorrow and I'm thinking I might be able to have a day at home ,I don't think I need any shopping that can't wait until my day off on Thursday
    Sunday was a NSD and I'm hoping tomorrow will be too

Finally a note about the weather,it has got very cold here over the last couple of days so I am naturally wanting to stay indoors and hibernate, I was so cold in bed last night I slept with my PJs on and a jumper,I don't know why I was so cold, I never have my heating on when I'm in bed and sometimes have to wear a T-shirt but never a jumper, I'm usually so warm I sleep with my feet uncovered as they get really hot but last night required socks in bed........'twas weird
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Just realised I haven't posted any daily positives for a few days,I totally forgot,Im going to repeat some of them because I need reminding that I've got through another day without my worst fears coming true
    I have a loving family
    I have a job
    I have a roof over my head
    I have food to eat
    I can pay my bills
    I haven't used a credit card for 8 months
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback