PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• VintageHistorian
    Options
    We're having marinated pork (cooked in the oven as we don't have a BBQ) with potato rosti, baby corn and little carrots.
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 July 2018 at 11:44PM
    Options
    We had a barbeque, if anyone had seen us I'm sure they would have questioned what we were up to. There was just the two of us and so we don't need a big BBQ. Its just a cheap £10 folding thing, I don't eat meat but husband does. So I was sitting in a garden chair, husband next to me in his chair. The BBQ was lit but only about 40 CMS off the ground. Husband has his half of the barbie and I had the other. We were both cooking our food at the same time. I had hallomi, peppers, asparagus, corn on the cob, vege quorn sausage. Husband had sausage, burger, a kebab, and a bit of frozen makeral.

We both had salad, a slaw, potato salad and pasta salad.
    It made a nice change, much better than slaving over the oven.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I've got a chicken out of the freezer and I'm going to cut it up and OH and DS will have chicken breast tonight with salad and new pots and I'll have the first courgette from the garden with my salad :j, then I'll cook the rest of the chicken later in the week - possibly in HFW's Rosemary lentil chicken recipe (maybe cook it early to avoid the heat!)
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have defrosted some chicken thighs, I will marinate them later, something lemon and herby I think, green salad for me, cous cous Salad for the men
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 July 2018 at 7:10AM
    Options
    Yesterday I was still ill, so ate randomly from the stocks of "easy to nibble" food I'd brought in because I knew I'd not want to have anything to do with food. I got through:

Some fruit pastilles and 6 squares of chocolate
    An egg custard tart (last of a 4-pack)
    A corned beef sandwich
    A sausage & brown sauce sandwich
    2 hot sausage rolls
    4-6 cocktail sausages eaten straight from the fridge 1-2 at a time

I think that was it. It seemed a lot/enough at the time.... having said that I've had to edit this list as I'd forgotten 1-2 things I'd eaten (as you do). It actually WAS a lot now I see the full list.

Today I'm still ill, so I'll probably do beans on toast for breakfast this morning.... maybe with scrambled eggs if I CBA at the last minute. A couple of hot sausage rolls will probably be lunch.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Home made minestrone soup for lunch and a red cabbage and smoked sausage stir fry flavoured with caraway for supper. Picked the first raspberries yesterday and have a build up of loganberries from the garden so those will be cooked and a summer pudding will be made for He Who Knows who loves them.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today, still heavy with cold/sore throat, I've grazed my way

A cheese/salad cream & crisp sandwich; then the rest of the crisps.

:)

oh yum i could eat that now!:rotfl:
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Not that hot here today so I'm going to do roast pork tonight, with new potatoes, veg, stuffing, yorkies etc. Ice cream for pud.
  • maisymoo5
    maisymoo5 Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I'm a bit behind on here. Friday dinner was h/m chicken meatballs, Saturday we went to a neighbour's BBQ and last night was leftover sausages, bacon and oven chips as we were feeling ever so slightly hungover.

Tonight the OH has a business dinner so I will be having a jacket spud with cottage cheese and salad.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I suddenly have a hankering for egg and chips - although annoyingly I only have 2 eggs left as I hard boiled two last night, so it will depend on what OH wants too.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport