Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Me too! Not helped by my well meaning OH who has brought me ice-cream and home-made cookies over (still not walking very well).

I think this board is turning into a lbs shedding one though. :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,182 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    milann wrote: »
    Think we all feel in need of a new year shake up Beanie. We can spur each other on :D:D
    Pity about the scooter - something to look at when considering next mobility car maybe .

Very very definatly.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Have finally been to Aldi & the £shop.
    Even stayed in budget~~go me :rotfl:

Anyway help me with a couple of things please?

i Usuallyu use an old toothbrush to clean the gunk from the shower drain thingy.
    Dont have one so tried cotton buds but not long enough.
    Any ideas?

ii As you know my best boy is not eating too well.
    Anyone any tips on what I can feed him.
    It seems to harder & harder to get senior wet cat food.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Toothbrushes are brilliant - i used to use mine to clean my motorbike chain. I use it to clean the grout with bleach and then whitening toothpaste.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Would a chopstick be narrow enough?
    January spends - £587.58
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    i Usuallyu use an old toothbrush to clean the gunk from the shower drain thingy.
    Dont have one so tried cotton buds but not long enough.
    Any ideas?

Toothbrushes are best. If you need cheap ones, go to a big-name supermarket and study near the floor next to the "real" toothbrushes. That's where the eerily cheap stuff goes.
    beanielou wrote: »
    ii As you know my best boy is not eating too well.
    Anyone any tips on what I can feed him.
    It seems to harder & harder to get senior wet cat food.

Cheap "Value" meat balls?

Motto: "We won't tell you where they're from, but it's why your dog no-longer barks baritone..."
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • You did well to get to Aldi and stay in budget :T.

Get a cheap cheap toothbrush from £shop?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    ZTD wrote: »
    Toothbrushes are best. If you need cheap ones, go to a big-name supermarket and study near the floor next to the "real" toothbrushes. That's where the eerily cheap stuff goes.

Cheap "Value" meat balls?

Motto: "We won't tell you where they're from, but it's why your dog no-longer barks baritone..."

Z:eek::eek::eek: For my very best boy.
    How very dare you:p

• beanielou
    You did well to get to Aldi and stay in budget :T.

Get a cheap cheap toothbrush from £shop?

I am on a very strict budget & on a healthy eating missin.
    So no chocolate or crap.
    Sigh.

• You'll lose weight and save money :T
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure