We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    :eek: How much! The is MSE, not Country Life:D

Yes, a small indulgence :o, but it gets me out of tiling.... :p
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    hi all...
    thought I was hearing horrendous thunder then realised it was the red arrows at the mouth of the river for cowes week !! :rotfl:bit cloudy but I saw em :D

we had rain last night and this morning, eased off by 2pm.. the lake is FULL !!:j

"asbo" has been clipped and he looks quite respectable now ;)

working tomorrow morning, then airport run, then vet for old girl..:( she was acting very strange last night and im hoping its due to a urinary infection like before.. her legs are quite stiff [arthritis] and shes occasionaly losing sensation in a back paw,resulting in her walking on it turned under. im sure this is due to a degenerating in the spine BUT I will get the vet to check her out and see what he has to say..

wont sleep tonight :o

so pleased you are enjoying "being clean" choillle..;) :D
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    FK... pleased to hear from you..
    hows the house sale going? sounds like you will have fun with your glass making..
    what animogs are you left with now [livestock]
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    CTC - I was hovering over your post & I think I've reported it inadvertantly - I'm so sorry! I hate this mouse where you just have to hover over something for a few seconds & it opens a link.

Sorry to hear that your trade is not going well. Ebay is very slow too - not much happening on there. Probably a good time to buy stuff.

Went to the big house garden open day - very lovely weather - although it's come very midgied - been chased indoors. I managed to flinch a couple of weeds! One is what I call Lambs Lugs & the other is a red trumpet flowered vine-like creeper that looks wonderful grown through a hedge - not that I've got a hedge.

The plants looked lovely = everything was in full flower - roses, shrubs. Very colourful, but nothing that truly poked your eye out.
    I was sorry to see white peaches all over the glass house floor - left to rot. I felt like asking Lady Blah Blah if I could pick the rest! It seems such a waste.

Been out & picked another pan of blackcurrants, but getting eaten alive out there so in for tea.

Alfie hope that horse is okay. It's sad when they get old & infirm.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: "old gal" is my old Labrador :D
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry Alfie.........I suppose I did think it strange when you referred to a paw, but you horsey folks are very eccentric
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    choille wrote: »
    Sorry Alfie.........I suppose I did think it strange when you referred to a paw, but you horsey folks are very eccentric
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: true..... thank goodness, someone has to be ;)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    edited 13 August 2015 at 8:36PM
    this guy is amazing !! watch his face half way through...

http://bbc.in/1hs0BW7

can someone let me know if this runs to the end please ? it keeps stopping half way for me ??
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Alfie I will be thinking of you both tomorrow.

:j for Choilles bathroom and kitchen! Soon you will be in and snuggly warm with endless hot running water.

CTC Sounds as if things are moving for you too, exciting times.

Dave :T:eek::T for the splash back! I am sure it will look fabulous.

IHS You always seem to get the best bargains, I will need to start popping in to garden centres more often. Although my husband has put a ban on any new living things being added to the house so no animals or plants allowed at the moment!

I was out cycling today and I swallowed two midges then a fly got in my helmet and buzzed about until I could stop and set it free :rotfl:
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • choille wrote: »
    FK - good to hear from you.

I posted a wee while ago asking if you ring your Hebredians or not & when you dispatch them?

Your splash backs are a really goo idea - hope you do well with them.

Sorry :o brain like a sieve lately, things are still crazy and not really in a good way

My lot are mainly Shetland crosses so not quite as small as Hebs but still take a while to grow/mature and apparently the meat is better when they're a bit older...I don't ring them, partly because I avoid 'interfering' with animals unless I have to, but mainly so they get the benefit of all their hormones to grow on. It still takes them past being lambs before they're ready, so hogget really. Also we lamb late so I've got last year's boys finishing now, they could have gone before but haven't had a chance to organise it :D

Alfie, haven't got round to shifting any more animals yet, will find some time I the next few days hopefully...got some it's and bobs to sell too as we've been clearing out the garage. same for the house, although a mate has been round to do the photos for us, we'll prob be selling online to save paying over the odds to agents, their percentage fee has a minimum so houses under 100k or thereabouts pay a flat rate, which seems a bit of a rip off when we need every penny.

How is it that there are two of us here pretty much full time and we still can't get ALL the jobs done round here? Desperately need OH to find another job pronto, but my god when he does I'm going to know about it!

So everything's kinda riding on me ATM, for future earning potential. You never know it might just come off!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback