Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,661
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Tinkerbell movie watched. Beds stripped and 2x washing done. Library visited - took out a total of 15 books! Sainz purchases made wisely to get £1 off a £10 spend, and dd now has her favourite gf breadsticks again :D. Aldee was quick but mega busy - ugh. And although we left in sunshine, the wind and subsequent rain have removed our desire to go out again!

Dh has had some sutures lasered and will be back there again in a week's time for yet another check up. And a week after that. Ad infinitum...

Unless I get another 17000 steps today, then I'm going to miss the 310k target. Not too shabby though. :D
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Not content with getting me a new tablet for Christmas (needed - or needed as much as tablets ever are!), dh has gone and bought me a new phone. Also semi-needed, as mine is slowly dying. Bizarrely, the return address on it rang a bell - about a 5 minute walk from my dad's, and a road I used to frequently run down (cos it was downhill...!)

I have told him to stop buying things now...

Dd wants to start prepping for her party and has agreed that Christmas comes down tomorrow and all can be safely stored away.

Posted a couple of important letters, and gor dd to accompany me on a short walk on her scooter. Not got near those elusive last few thousands of steps, but am satisfied with my effort.

2016: (or January at any rate...!)
    Buy no books: use the library.
    Buy no clothes except for undies and work trousers.
    Meal plan :rotfl:
    Aim for 13,333 reduction in the mortgage, if dh will oblige by having a job...
    Sell 1000
    Lose 30
    Carry a list of birthdays with me
    Save any 50ps for 'treats'
    Get better rates on savings

Nowt inspiring - guess it's really a case of keeping on doing what we do with the possible twist of redundancy. I'm working 4 days a week for the next 6 months, then returning to 2 days, and possibly continuing with that from September too.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,668
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Ooh - enjoy your new gadgets, apple! :)

Fingers crossed for DH - but - worse case scenario - it is survivable - been there, done that!

Wishing the apple clan all the best for this year :)
    xxx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Thank you greent xx.

Have started the year off with [FONT=&quot]ZWOW 16: 15 mins (GO HEAVY): 10 renegade row (push up + 2 row) [5k DB, 5 man push up + 5 knee); 10 5k overhead lunge; 10 squat jump burpee (long low jump + press up); 10 crab touch (ie 20); 10 10k sumo deadlift + high pull = 2r + 6 ren row; cool down.

I did what I was told and went heavy - though not heavy enough to warrant the 12k KB yet...! Thought about it for the sumo deadlift + high pull, but stuck to 10k total. And that was plenty!

Dh suggested we go to buy Cmas jumpers today...in primarrk. Ugh in the extreme. I pointed out that dd now has one, which has been on the bathroom radiator for the last day or so. Maybe nis eyes are so bad he can't even see that much...! I think i have talked him out of it. For now...

I shall enjoy my gadgets. Am getting used to the tablet - getting lots of practice! And maybe, just maybe, I'll even get some apps on the phone - AND USE THEM...

Happpy New Year to everyone. May 2016 be a year of joy and good times together.
    [/FONT]
  • Happy New Year you beautiful creature. Thank you very much to you and DD for our lovely parcel. It arrived after Christmas and was all the more surprising and wonderful for it. She loved it!!

Reads the P'mark jumpers... they put them on sale at £5 apiece each year in the week or 2 prior to Christmas, so if he really wants one he can go take his pic before Christmas next year, Be warned however, they are not great fabric, stretch like merry hell and are mostly risqu! in some form!

I apologise for my silence... for not knowing what is wrong with DH, and for being so useless as to not sending a single Christmas card out at all this year. It has been manic. I think of you often. Every time I open my drawer in fact and see my robin <3

Much love from me and the midget to you and yours. This year is going to be awesome. Because I said so. The end! xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Hellooo Lilty! Glad it arrived - thought that there was no need to label, as Jelly would commandeer them...! Hope your manicness is due to good things. With you on an awesome 2016 x

We are getting there with dd's party - it is now going to have a fairy theme. I'm (naughtily) not counting spends on her bday as real spending - so today we have acquired 11 fairies for the party bags. Tis amazing how much cheap andnasty plastic tat is out there. And am pleased to have used 2 local shops to source our quality fairies :D. And am also pleased that dh did not succomb to £shop products for the bags! A bracelet they will make, a wand they will make, a fairy and some cake - may even dispense with a bag...!

And we are now in c0sta, using the last of some cash we had for treats. Dd has discovered babyccino, so is cheap to please.

Best post in case the free 30 mins runs out...
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    I have made it to over 10k steps - yay! Tomorrow will need perseverence to get there - Sundays always do.

7 Russian ladies have been finished off :D.

Drinks in C0sta were funded by money dh was given months ago for doing PA at a wedding. Sadly, we have now used it all up.

Dd has a fresh 'chores chart' with 24 to cross off, and a 'book chart' with 100 squares! She has already read 5 books this year! And I have a 'craft chart', 'sugar free chart', 'grain free chart', 'steps chart' (1 square = 10K), 'workout minutes chart' and 'book chart'. Mine are on the computer, dd's are paper.

Today I have managed to keep sugar and grain free. Phew! It is still possible, then...
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Today I have re-discovered handstand burpees :j

34 full burpees (with man press up), 34 handstands, 15 ninja tuck jumps and 30 squat with side kick. A jolly 15 minutes of effort. :D
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    I have seen several challenging challenges whilst browsing, especially regarding food spends, store cupboard use-ups...

I spend around £200 pcm on us, but we get plenty of bread for dd on prescription and therefore free, unless I mess up the repeat timing. When I mess up, we can end up spending £12+ just to fill the gap. So must keep on top of that.

Dh does go and spend too, though it is mostly on his wine and beer and gluten-containing stuff. He does like to see the cupboards stacked high!

We have plenty of starches for baking, and loads of gnocchi (6 x 500g packs = 1 item on prescription!).

This month is going to be a stressful one for dh, so I shall endeavour not to ask him to get any shopping on his way home from work.

Is this wittering leading anywhere? Not sure!! If I mealplan, but don't tell dh (he has been surprisingly against the idea), I may be able to use up some stuff, and thus buy a little less.

Baking for dd's party is a good way to start - fairy cakes, biscuits, her cake. I have promised her 3 types of ice cream to go with jelly.

Tomorrow I shall list the fridge and freezer contents -though I can guess them to about 80% accuracy, I reckon...- and plan some meals. Especially quick ones for the 4 nights we both have been at work. I like AGCJ's Spring Piggy, and dh likes it because it contains bacon. That is going on the list now!
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Last day of the hols.

-washing
    -inventory of freezer
    -ironing, incl bunny hats
    -marking?
    -return library books?
    -put tree outsie
    -take down window lights
    -put ALL dried washing away
    -get milk
    -workout?
    -make Jack's soda bread
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback