£20 Free advertising on Google

2»

Comments

• digp
    digp Posts: 2,013
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    can i just add if you use the bank transfer option there is no need to give card details and you can not go over the free money they give!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,979
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Just a note to say the post by James18 has been reported to abuse.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ukbill69
    ukbill69 Posts: 2,789
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Doesnt work now :(
    Kind Regards
    Bill
  • You can now get £30 worth of free Google adwords by visiting http://www.google.co.uk/adwords-go:j
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    rustypenny wrote: »
    You can now get £30 worth of free Google adwords by visiting http://www.google.co.uk/adwords-go:j

Thanks - just registered my interest with G
  • scbk
    scbk Posts: 1,216
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It aint as "free" as they make out. You have to pay a £5 fee to activate your account, then to get the £30 you have to top up your account with atleast £10

The money seems to get spent fast aswell - I've seen some costs per click as much as £2.50!
    I have my daily limit set at £1 though :p
  • aeuerby
    aeuerby Posts: 782 Forumite
    scbk wrote: »
    It aint as "free" as they make out. You have to pay a £5 fee to activate your account, then to get the £30 you have to top up your account with atleast £10

The money seems to get spent fast aswell - I've seen some costs per click as much as £2.50!
    I have my daily limit set at £1 though :p

That happens if you choose "pre-payment" method as your billing preference.
    If you choose "post pay" payment method the £5 activation comes out of the £30.
    But yes, not quite as free as the advert suggest!
  • aeuerby
    aeuerby Posts: 782 Forumite
    I must be missing something here.
    I signed up for the free (or not so free) £30 voucher which I got yesterday.

I set it all up with 17 keywords - most of which are letters as we target motorbikes.

By yesterday 3 were made "inactive" and I had to "improve quality" or "increase my bid to £5" which I'm not entirely sure what that means but it sounds expensive!

Today, the rest of my keywords have been made "inactive" for the same reasons and the increase bid vaires from 15p to £5

So does it mean I have to increase the "cost per click" amount?

So unless I am doing something horrendously wrong I am not impressed with google at all.
  • nickswift
    nickswift Posts: 108 Forumite
    you would get number 1 spot if you were to put 'cannock car breakers' into your title tag rather than

'hello we mainly deal in fiestas but will undertake any job on a car holding a blue oval badge,we have lots of used parts in stock in our online shop and we also have a forum come along and join our community'

your compertition is very very low 19,900 (the number of other web pages competing) so i would expect you to get to the top with just changing the title tags - go for other phrases as well such as 'scrap yard' 'breakers yard Staffordshire' 'spare parts' etc PM me and i'll give you some advice....

the phrase that i go for has 27 million compertition - and i have been number 1 for it last week - although back to the top of page 2 now.
  • no problem.. meta keyword tags are not used by google anymore, dont worry to much about these - its all down to title, content and backward links.... still useful for the older search engines though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure