Quit..rest ..restart . Diary no.3

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Hi harz :)
    No snow down here. Just rain showers , strong wind and cold of course:) .
    It’s nice seeing snow but not nice when settles for a long time imho
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Had session with personal trainer yesterday . All good .
    Decided to tackle the clutter and that’s turning out to be a p I t a
    I had a couple of ciders with my friend ,and we came third on the pub quiz .

Back to the clutter. I decided to take everything out of the wardrobe in the music room and start again . This entailed me moving stuff around into the bedroom under the bed etc. In the middle of all that , the wardrobe doors were having a mind of their own . Not 100% if they are realigned properly .
    The bedroom is the tidiest it has been . How long for, I don’t know. I will be chucking out some boxes tomorrow , so there should be room to move .
    I’ll get there one day .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Nice sunny day . Couldn’t go far except to the shop, as I’m expecting a dpd delivery of a picture for bedroom. Probably last one I need.
    Chucked boxes and recycling material into newly emptied recycling bin . I have a large box that I got when I purchased a soundbar a couple of years ago. May have to wait 2 weeks to dispose of that .
    I may introduce it to Stanley knife .

I’ll have to move stuff from hallway and into the music room to be sorted / dumped. I took stuff from the top of the wardrobe yesterday and I’m very reluctant to put anything back up there as the the room looks much more cheery without the clutter . I’m mulling everything over . Not feeling like doing much .
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How are things AC? Any plans for the weekend?
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • copperjar
    copperjar Posts: 884 Forumite
    Options
    Hey AC! I found your new thread. Sorry I haven't been around much lately, been really busy and happy in our new house - just like iou sound like you are in yours!

So how are things? Debts all paid and settled now and you're still loving life by the sea? There's something so relaxing and peaceful about being near water, we live right next to a canal and I love it. Feels like we're on holiday, nice place to be after a long day at work.

How you finding the budgeting and spending? Yesterday I fully paid off our new kitchen, we had got it 12 months 0% knowing we had a share save maturing in Jan. In the past I might have been tempted to spend the money and just get the kitchen on 4 years credit. New leaf turned!

Oh and thanks for the heads up about Ruark. Got an R2 and absolutely love it. Finally entering the digital music age! Did you stick with your seperates or get something new?
    [STRIKE]
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    [/STRIKE]
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Hello again copperjar :) Great to hear from you again .
    Glad you made it over to my new diary .
    A p m is on its way .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    How are things AC? Any plans for the weekend?

Hi Mrs. P ;) Hope all is good with you .
    I should have James to have a look at the bathroom / kitchen issues tomorrow a m . May have a cider with my friend over the weekend.

I’ve spent the whole week reducing clutter in music and bedroom
    I’m over 90% there now . Just deciding what to do with stuff under the bed ( no, don’t tell me :rotfl:)

I’ve been to gym today, and saw instructior on Monday .
    Still have blood coming from my cut knee from 2 weeks ago.
    Still a p I t a , but there are worse things :rotfl:
  • copperjar
    Options
    Hello again copperjar :) Great to hear from you again .
    Glad you made it over to my new diary .
    A p m is on its way .

Cheers AC! Great to see you doing so well.
    [STRIKE]
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    [/STRIKE]
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
  • another_casualty
    Options
    James came over yesterday . The first thing he noticed was that I had lost weight . He was also impressed with the way I’ve tidied the flat .
    He noticed the leak in the bathroom ( around the toilet bowl ) and possible leak in kitchen . He will be back on weds to sort out. He said it comes under guarantee . Not sure if that covers his time for Labour
    I’ve tipped him in the past etc , so don’t expect to pay a kings ransom.
    I asked him to give me a quote for kitchen cupboards. He’ll let me know in the next few days. He measured up everything yesterday .

Just went out for a longish walk . I must get back into the habit of that. About 2 years ago on my way to poole for a weekend I bought a book in foyers, ‘the power of less’ by Leo babatua. I read a few pages on the train , and another few when I was at home in Twickenham .
    I forgot all about it . Found it yesterday and stored reading it again from the start. I’m about halfway through . It’s basically a self help book . What I have done though, is list 12 tasks / goals that I want to achieve this year that are manageable and not something too challenging . Some boring run of the mill stuff, to things that will be seen as achievements . I bought one or two self help paperbacks over the years and this one seems to be the best so far.
    I did buy one , “f@@k it”. It was ok , but very corporate in the end . I love chocolate , but can’t see myself buying a f@@k it chocolate bar .
    Each one to his/ her own .
    When I was talking to James yesterday and about the situation was in, I mentioned that so far the best thing to ask is , “do I need this?”
    Something that I haven’t really seen in those self help books.

I joined audible last month. Not impressed with only 1 book a month. Then again , if I was sleeping more the book I listened to would’ve lasted longer . I may see if I can buy others online .
    I can hear birds outside my window, but can’t see them. Will have to look into getting a decent bird feeder.
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds like you are nearly there with the flat. If your knee is still bleeding in the next few days I would do something about it. Even of you call 111 and ask for advice.
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport