Qmee - making money searching the web

Comments

• surfboard2
    surfboard2 Posts: 2,005
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Did a couple of searches and managed £84p (which i cashed out into my paypal account.) The max i got for a search was 16p... minimum, 5p. The more i searched, the more the price decreased.

I've disabled it whilst i'm not using it.
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    I've installed it on IE, which I don't use for normal browsing.

What are people searching for to get ads up? I've tried all the normal things like loans, insurance etc and none of them give ads. The obly ads I got was when I searched for MSE and got an 8p click
  • MiniDF
    MiniDF Posts: 39
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    gb12345 wrote: »
    I've installed it on IE, which I don't use for normal browsing.

What are people searching for to get ads up? I've tried all the normal things like loans, insurance etc and none of them give ads. The obly ads I got was when I searched for MSE and got an 8p click

I got some higher paying ones when I was looking on amazon for thermal underwear of all things!
  • gb12345
    MiniDF wrote: »
    I got some higher paying ones when I was looking on amazon for thermal underwear of all things!

Thanks for that - got 35p from them in total after looking at thermal underwear.

Stupid toolbar keeps closing though and I have to re-open it.
  • The thermal underwear was a good shout. Just got me a few pennies.

I make sure I cash mine out every day in case something happens as it only takes a few seconds.

Things I search are: insurance, gold diamond rings etc. Just anything high value.

I think it's best if you use it naturally as I read in the FAQs that the better user you are the more opportunities you will get to make money.
  • I got a 15p for searching 'yacht' in ebay and 'diamond ring' in Amazon which were the most I've got per click. I think you do have to play the game a bit and be natural etc otherwise I reckon you get penalised. Will keep trying new words!

Anyone know what it means when the icon in your browser goes red then fills up green? Does that mean you've got the money for the click?
  • Got 72p yesterday but not one ad since!
  • gb12345
    I've given up on it.

Spent half an hour this evening searching for various things and didn't get a single ad. Also the toolbar keeps disappearing when I go to a new page and I have to reopen it. Obviously conflicting with something else I've got running, but as everything else (very little) is stuff I use I'm not going to mess with them.
  • This sounds odd, who is paying for the clicks?
  • This sounds odd, who is paying for the clicks?

The advertisers, I guess... I think they're already established in the US but not sure.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback