Figure Eight - Crowdworking - 2019 - Help and Tips

Comments

• vampire-girl
    vampire-girl Posts: 4,675 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I think it was a lot betters years ago when was crowdflower, when could win the weekly contest on clixsense. Used to have fun with that.

I'm level 3 and I do the market research tasks and sometimes receipt tasks, and when they sometimes have the one off survey tasks but other than that I don't do much there and use the time for other things.
  • John1963
    John1963 Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Its worth looking at the "Dominant Emotion" and "Dominant Colour" tasks, they are very quick and simple and pay 20 cents each. I was able to complete 31 excluding the test sets.

The test questions are good for pushing up the accuracy rating.
  • dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 542 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    John1963 wrote: »
    I don't go in via Facebook, they have recently changed their password policy requiring double authentication and a longer password at the second stage. I do recall having to use Facebook at some point but it was only momentary.
    It was "just" for logging in but it was like that for a while I believe. Anyway, it's great to hear they no longer require that, so I'm interested in maybe starting up with them again.

Overall, is it better to use them directly or through another site?
    If the latter, which pays well?
    If directly, is there a link to more info and FAQs without having to register first? If not, do you know which payment methods they use and what the minimum amount is?
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I did really well at the end of December with tasks - they didn't have a level on them but only seemed to be available to some people, so perhaps there had been an unremarked qualifying task earlier on. Sadly they seem to have dried up again now but I had two days when I made in excess of $200 each day - more than I make in a month often. So clearly, occasionally F8 is still more than worthwhile.

I look for the bigger paying tasks typically but will also look out for fast 3-8 point tasks where Ican tab through them quickly. Like others, I've suffered from being flagged for no reason it would appear, and then randomly reinstated, but not for a long while so I'm hopeful that F8 is better at sorting this than CF used to be.

No good tasks to recommend personally at the moment.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• John1963
    dave2319 wrote: »
    It was "just" for logging in but it was like that for a while I believe. Anyway, it's great to hear they no longer require that, so I'm interested in maybe starting up with them again.

Overall, is it better to use them directly or through another site?
    If the latter, which pays well?
    If directly, is there a link to more info and FAQs without having to register first? If not, do you know which payment methods they use and what the minimum amount is?

Link below:

https://www.figure-eight.com/contributor/

I access direct, works for me, but there is a view that higher payment is available elsewhere as some platforms have bonuses available.
  • Thought I would post a note of recent experiences, the last tow weeks have been very barren for me with very few worthwhile tasks. Some of the following may help others.

Task 1338669 (Image Descriptions): I have hit the maximum number of tasks; 190 seems to be the limit. In theory this means that I will have a bonus of $14.25 to follow at some point.:think:

Task 1349634 (Attractiveness survey)(: Lodged a ticket as the completion code does not work.:(

Flag Dispute: Had a flag removed after a month, after no responses to a ticket and three chases. Finally go a response saying they could not see a flag. Have responded asking them to in why I got the flag in the first place and why I got an immediate penalty... some hope!:mad:

November to January: This was a reasonable period, I have a credit of $591.05, a few really good payers, particularly the Virtual Assistant building tasks. :beer:

Performance: Have dropped a couple of performance points as I experiments, against better judgement, and took a hit, as a consequence, my accuracy is now 90.2%.:(
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    John1963 wrote: »
    Thought I would post a note of recent experiences, the last tow weeks have been very barren for me with very few worthwhile tasks. Some of the following may help others.

Task 1338669 (Image Descriptions): I have hit the maximum number of tasks; 190 seems to be the limit. In theory this means that I will have a bonus of $14.25 to follow at some point.:think:

Task 1349634 (Attractiveness survey)(: Lodged a ticket as the completion code does not work.:(

Flag Dispute: Had a flag removed after a month, after no responses to a ticket and three chases. Finally go a response saying they could not see a flag. Have responded asking them to in why I got the flag in the first place and why I got an immediate penalty... some hope!:mad:

November to January: This was a reasonable period, I have a credit of $591.05, a few really good payers, particularly the Virtual Assistant building tasks. :beer:

Performance: Have dropped a couple of performance points as I experiments, against better judgement, and took a hit, as a consequence, my accuracy is now 90.2%.:(

That's interesting - I didn't realise the image description task had a bonus. I've only done about 30 so far...I think 100 qualifies the bonus?

I couldn't get that survey to work either....but didn't report the error...

This period has been rubbish for me, my account was actually deactivated for a couple of weeks. I encountered the same as you - when I emailed to ask why, they said my account hadn't been deactivated and lo and behold it did work again.

My accuracy never seems to change, which is fine by me :)
  • John1963
    edited 17 February 2019 at 8:10AM
    rachelja wrote: »
    That's interesting - I didn't realise the image description task had a bonus. I've only done about 30 so far...I think 100 qualifies the bonus?

I couldn't get that survey to work either....but didn't report the error...

This period has been rubbish for me, my account was actually deactivated for a couple of weeks. I encountered the same as you - when I emailed to ask why, they said my account hadn't been deactivated and lo and behold it did work again.

My accuracy never seems to change, which is fine by me :)

It might be more than 100 because I'm not sure if the test questions count; meaning that 110 need to be completed. The task is not quick to complete but I viewed it as therapy!

I have now had a response to the ticket; very nice reply but no credit, I have therefore, politely, requested that my data be withdrawn from the study, see text below. They know their legal responsibilities under data protection legislation and they'll credit now. I have a screenshot of the completion page if you needed it.

That's fine but I have just checked and you haven't you credited the 85 cents for the completed task. The survey took around 10 minutes; whilst it was interesting I completed on the basis that the award would be forthcoming and there was an issue. I am pretty certain that you will find that the code works for no one.

Under the circumstances, I should be grateful if you would ensure that my the personal data I provide, in good faith, is withdrawn from this study; you will know that I am legally entitled to make this request under European/US data protection legislation;there is a statutory time limit within which time you must respond to this request. I have not reacquainted my self with the legislation but have allowed 14 days below.

Can you please respond, within the next 14 day, confirming that my data has been withdrawn; I would be happy to contact your client direct to make this request but will need their contact details to do so. Have you got a legal Department to refer this matter to?

I feel sure that you understand my position? It goes without saying that I would be happy to withdraw this formal request should the award be forthcoming.
  • I got the response below to the response below to the ticket regarding the code problem and a $2 credit (better than 85 cents!).
    I know how frustrating this is and it is not totally acceptable. I thoroughly reviewed your account and was able to credit your payment through a reconciliation job and it will reflect to your Elite account. We're really sorry for the inconvenience this caused you and thank you so much for your efforts and hardwork.

Please shoot me an email if you have any questions.

Good Task - 1328114: Expect some frustrating inconsistent corrections but this one is quick and easy when you get used to it. You can complete a maximum of around 240 sets at $0.30 per set. My only tip would be don't assume anything, generally, if only a surname is given it will be wrong regardless of how obvious the intent is! There do, however seem to be contradictions to this.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks for the tip on that task John....that one completely slipped me by. I tend to skip ones that look complicated, but it's definitely worth doing a few of these :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure