IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NEWBIES!!! [Sticky Thread Comments Archive]

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is the problem that everyone thinks they can do blinking everything on a phone these days?

Answer - not here you can't!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Is the problem that everyone thinks they can do blinking everything on a phone these days?

Answer - not here you can't!

I've tested MSE on several phones/Android versions now and it is quite easy to start a new thread. In fact, the "New Thread" button is relatively a great deal larger/more prominent/easy to spot on Android than it is on a PC or Mac.

There is no more reason to claim you can't do it than there is to deny that you knew to read this sticky before asking anything.
  • smithyuk19
    smithyuk19 Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 4 April 2019 at 5:07PM
    Options
    sorry for hijacking how am i able to start a thread on a ipad On here please ? i was told to come on here as i asked in a forum with same issues re highview.. today (April 4th 2019 ) i received a email from them asking to name the driver ? i have NOT replied as yet.. my first post on here was...i would like to know where this template is to send to highview please ? i have recently been fined from this group bfor using tesco at Haiksham uk i had a lot on ibwas under two hours stay BUT i put the ticket in my car window ( not typing into a machine ) duhh ! i have maiked tesco as i went in the outlet after recieving the fine but no manager could see me.. i maiked and asked who the owner of the car park is ..theirs or highview as i would like to speak to who is in charge .. BOTH parties have a percentage in the car park ! hmmm ok ..i am trying to appeal through a honest mistake but after this win or lose i will not be using tescos in hailsham again ! any help much appreciated... sorry for jumping on this thread i am new and just joined..thankyou in advance ps tesco have mailed me TWICE saying the matter is in the companies hands and there is nothing tesco can do but state the company AND tesco joint own the car park in question BUT another message states they work the ground..BUT gave me a different group called HORIZON that monitors the grounds in question ?!?.. any help or help to start my own thread much appreciated and again sorry for jumping this thread .. thank you ( not computer savvy here ... ps am i right thinking i am needing to reply with this....Re PCN number:

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner and to my MP.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require ALL photos taken and an explanation of the allegation and your evidence, i.e.:

- If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.

- If the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes, your evidence must include the actual grace period agreed by the landowner. If you fail to evidence the actual grace period that applies at this site or suggest that only one period applies, this will be disregarded as an attempt to mislead. In the absence of evidence, it will be reasonably taken to be a minimum of twenty minutes (ten on arrival and ten after parking time) in accordance with the official BPA article by Kelvin Reynolds about 'observation periods' on arrival being additional and separate to a 'grace period' at the end.

- in all cases, you must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date.

Formal note:
    Should you later pursue this charge by way of litigation, note that service of any legal documents by email is expressly disallowed and you are not entitled to assume that the data in this dispute/appeal remains the current address for service in the future.

Yours faithfully,
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Here is the index https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Top left is a button that says "New Thread". It does what it says on the tin.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    smithyuk19 wrote: »
    Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

The representations stated in your correspondence have been noted and considered. Please forward to us the full name and address of the driver at the time this charge was incurred so that we can update our records accordingly.

We are placing this Notice on hold for 14 days from the date of this email to allow you to provide the details requested.

Yours faithfully,

Highview Parking Ltd

this is email i got today

Ignore that. They are fishing for drivers details. When they don't get them they cancel. If you want more assistance please start your own thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure