PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sorry you're not feeling great Farway hopefully you'll sleep better to night:)

Glad you're getting some of your five a day PN :cool: have beans on toast for tea and you can add another one :D

It's been raining really hard all morning here, I decided I didn't need my prescription filled today after all, it's currently waiting in S*inburys for collection but it's not worth the 25min walk in the rain. It should have been ready Wednesday but they wanted me to come back in an hour :mad: I made them guarantee it would be ready Thursday lunchtime but it's been raining so it's my turn to keep them waiting. Unfortunately it's the only place here I can get my doctor to send it to and it's easier than trying to pick it up from a chemist nearer to home as I would have to leave work early :o

I think we share a digestive system as well as a grannie Caronc my body lets me know if I haven't had enough F&V and fibre :rotfl: last night my stir fry had 10 diff veg in it which is why there were LOs for lunch :rotfl: enjoy your visit with your son this weekend and let us know how the pie went. I was looking at similar recipes earlier and like the look of a BBC Indian Potato Pie recipe unfortunately it serves 6 :cool: I may do both the courgette and potato one as smaller pies one weekend to use up filo once it's open, the potato pie should freeze ok before cooking :think:

Right lunch break over so I better show willing :D
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Brambling wrote: »
    I was looking at similar recipes earlier and like the look of a BBC Indian Potato Pie recipe unfortunately it serves 6
    While a pie isn't a pie unless it's got pastry ... you could do a smaller one without any pastry, just for the taste.... or even make the filling and roll it or pat it into breadcrumbed balls/cakes if you want something a bit better looking than "spicy mash" on the plate :)
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,199 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Feeling a bit better now, lunch was last of the choc chip muffins, with a few of my Sungold toms right off the vine

At least the enforced stay indoors gave me chance to get on & sort out my on line bank stuff, seems daft to me, reduce saving rate on one account, but open a new one at the old cancelled rate? Why not just leave it all alone. I know the answer of course, they're just hoping I have inertia in my old age, luckily my typing fingers are quicker than my legs

Dinner, the LO PB baguette has charms, easy & not too gut busting, some salad for filling & maybe BF ham slice or two

More of PN wind, rain & thunder arrived, overflowing gutters, hope it ease off a bit for tomorrow, there is a kite festival on and I may just go down there, great photo-shoot opportunity. The Red arrows were scheduled this morning for 3 liners coming in, guess that was cancelled
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    Farway wrote: »
    The Red arrows

If I were interested in them, I'd have been at the airport where you can actually see them ... take photos ... watch them land and take off....

I'm not a big fan of planes... I'm like "but what's the point?" when it comes to displays.
  • PasturesNew
    Brambling wrote: »
    PN :cool: have beans on toast for tea and you can add another one

I did that in the end. I'd got half a loaf frozen, so defrosted two slices, opened a new tin of beans, grated some of the cheese I bought this morning and had cheese & beans on toast :)

It was really tasty.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I did that in the end. I'd got half a loaf frozen, so defrosted two slices, opened a new tin of beans, grated some of the cheese I bought this morning and had cheese & beans on toast :)

It was really tasty.

Cba tonight so I copied you PN :D although it was beans on crumpets as I didn't have any bread and really cba to go out again. Simple things in life are often tasty :)

Came home to a attempted murder under the tree tonight, I think it was a ringed dove the poor thing staggered off to die under the hedge :( I'm sorry to say I couldn't have finish the deed even if I could have reached it and was a little relieved it crawled off. I managed to side track the guilty party so he let it go and bring him in for his dinner any later and I might have come home to a present :cool:

the joys of being owned by a cat :cool:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • PasturesNew
    edited 12 August 2018 at 5:24PM
    2 hot sausage rolls were served for lunch.

I think beans/cheese on toast will be had later, maybe - and I do enjoy that and had forgotten just how much. I've not had toast with my cooked breakfast since L1dl started re-stocking the hash browns ...
  • I am always cooking for one when I should have folks over for meals,being on own a habit.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,199 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Promised sunny day, washing done & out on the whizzer after breakfast of porridge, banana, honey & HM yoghurt

I noticed the rain has started off mould on the blackberries, seems my season will be curtailed before my apples have ripened. I'm not rushing out to pick the blackberries 'cos I'm down Plymouth next week and will not have time to prep & freeze, even if I CBA

Due to weather, no wind, decided not much point in going to kite festival. I went one windless year and it was not worth my time.

Lunch was PB baguette, with BF ham & salady filling. Followed by one of my figs, the wasps have found them now so I know they are ripe, luckily they do not ripen all at once so no rush to beat the wasps to them

I've taken a salmon fillet out & defrosting it for dinner, think I'll fry it in butter as usual, have it with salad & some frozen chips
    If I were interested in them, I'd have been at the airport where you can actually see them ... take photos ... watch them land and take off....

I'm not a big fan of planes... I'm like "but what's the point?" when it comes to displays.

Boys & their toys PN.. I've only been to a few, but you used get to mooch among the planes as well as see them performing, not so good now with terrorism, recent crashes & crowd safety. I went ages back to Greenham Common, probably passed Money on the way in:D. That was impressive but way before restrictions came in
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    edited 11 August 2018 at 6:51PM
    Promised sunny day, washing done & out
    It had rained overnight here - and it's rained today too.

Boys & their toys PN.. I've only been to a few, but you used get to mooch among the planes as well as see them performing,

I drove past the airport - and saw people parking up and clinging onto the wire fence at the perimeter.... as I drove further along I spotted the Red Arrows were parked in a line along the far perimeter (so they were very distant/tiny).

I've been feeling a bit twitchy and unsettled all day - popped out for a bag of chocs and eaten a lot of those, but started to feel like a takeaway. But that means having to decide, then drive out to collect it.. so I just got as far as looking at menus online.

It is annoying that for me to have, say, S/S chicken balls & egg fried rice costs £9, yet another part of the menu that has set meals has 3x that amount of food for just £12.50. And so many other places give you a free XYZ if your order is more than £X. So discriminatory as I can't ever order that much!

In the end, settled on just nuking a frozen spag bol (69p/4ldi) and that'll have to do as my bit of Saturday night food excitement :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback