Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    What are they estimating to two decimal places? I would have thought that it will not matter for usage provided the same meter reading is used for the end of the last billing period, and the start of the new one.

The estimated leccy kwh reading eg 17579.83 - no, it doesn't matter for months on the same tariff but it makes a small difference of a few pence on a changeover of tariffs - no biggie ,but having never had that happen before I was wondering whether it was a breach of the conditions to use fractions of a kwh in the calculations when their own website instructs one to only report readings in whole numbers?
  • Jean_Booth
    Options
    We switched supplier from IRESA to AVRO on 9th Feb 2018. We are still waiting for final bills from IRESA. We have a credit balance on our accounts & want the money refunded. When I rang IRESA 6 days ago I was told I could send in evidence of the final readings, which apparently hadn't been received from AVRO. I took screenshots of our opening accounts with AVRO & emailed the evidence through. Today I receive 4 emails from IRESA telling me that accounts have been prepared. Was optimistic. However, when I checked online nothing had been dome at all! I was not happy & asked why nothing had been done. Was told by Lee that they have to receive the meter reading evidence from AVRO. If so, why wasn't I told this last week! Lee was very unhelpful & obstructive. Would not allow me to speak to his supervisor called Bintou. Was told I couldn't be supplied with any full names for a complaint! Very frustrating. Have now had to contact AVRO to ask them to act asap. My advice would be to avoid IRESA.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jean_Booth wrote: »
    We switched supplier from IRESA to AVRO on 9th Feb 2018. We are still waiting for final bills from IRESA. We have a credit balance on our accounts & want the money refunded. When I rang IRESA 6 days ago I was told I could send in evidence of the final readings, which apparently hadn't been received from AVRO. I took screenshots of our opening accounts with AVRO & emailed the evidence through. Today I receive 4 emails from IRESA telling me that accounts have been prepared. Was optimistic. However, when I checked online nothing had been dome at all! I was not happy & asked why nothing had been done. Was told by Lee that they have to receive the meter reading evidence from AVRO. If so, why wasn't I told this last week! Lee was very unhelpful & obstructive. Would not allow me to speak to his supervisor called Bintou. Was told I couldn't be supplied with any full names for a complaint! Very frustrating. Have now had to contact AVRO to ask them to act asap. My advice would be to avoid IRESA.

The gaining supplier is responsible for getting your meter readings validated. Once validated, the meter readings are passed back to both suppliers to open and close your account. The losing supplier can not accept meter readings from the customer on a switch of supply. The losing supplier has 6 weeks to raise a Final Bill from the date on which the supply was transferred. Where are you in the process regarding timescales? If more than 6 weeks has elapsed then send a written formal complaint to Iresa.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anyone had a bill for March yet ??
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My meter readings are showing for 31st March but no bill as of yet.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,224 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Not yet, still waiting final bill
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would like some advice regarding the Iresa Direct Debit when switching FROM Iresa to another supplier and getting a refund when in credit.

I am around £100 in credit with Iresa ATM and they are about to Direct Debit, probably on Monday, for another month despite me switching away from them close to a week ago. I have received the email about the DD collection by them.

I have contacted them via their online messaging and they failed TWICE to answer my request to lower the DD to a minimum, preferably zero if that is possible. Is it? Does anyone know whether a DD can be zero and still maintain an open DD?

The only other option that I can think of is to stop the DD which will cause some problems with Iresa refunding me the money they owe.

Therefore what is the best idea or thing to do for this?
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would like some advice regarding the Iresa Direct Debit when switching FROM Iresa to another supplier and getting a refund when in credit.

I am around £100 in credit with Iresa ATM and they are about to Direct Debit, probably on Monday, for another month despite me switching away from them close to a week ago. I have received the email about the DD collection by them.

I have contacted them via their online messaging and they failed TWICE to answer my request to lower the DD to a minimum, preferably zero if that is possible. Is it? Does anyone know whether a DD can be zero and still maintain an open DD?

The only other option that I can think of is to stop the DD which will cause some problems with Iresa refunding me the money they owe.

Therefore what is the best idea or thing to do for this?
    Cancel the direct debit without any question. The DD is a payment in advance to Iresa for fuel you will use in the coming month. As you are no longer a customer no payment is due but that will not stop them taking money from you. If you don't stop the DD & they do take money your bank should refund you immediately under the DD guarantee but much easier to just cancel.
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Anyone had a bill for March yet ??

Got notification of mine this morning.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 April 2018 at 9:54AM
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    Cancel the direct debit without any question. The DD is a payment in advance to Iresa for fuel you will use in the coming month. As you are no longer a customer no payment is due but that will not stop them taking money from you. If you don't stop the DD & they do take money your bank should refund you immediately under the DD guarantee but much easier to just cancel.
    How will they refund me if the DD is closed?

Seeing as they have not bothered to reply to my last message about reducing it to zero or £1 and failed to do the same in the previous message then cancelling seems the only option. I am not running up any MORE credit with them.

BTW1 FAYI
    The online contact with Iresa has a Switching supply in the drop down menu to select from what I can remember. I tried that and it refused to submit the ticket, clicking the submit button and okay threw up another box, which I cannot remember now, preventing it's submittal. That says a lot......

BTW2

I have not received any bill emails from them since february until earlier this month which was after a late meter entry. The account has been updating but no emails.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure