* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 August 2018 at 9:52PM
    Hi,

Free,I haven't used much weed supressant in my time but some I did put down about 5 years ago with large pebbles now has a few weeds coming through.It was a decorative bed so large stones,too big for walking comfortably on,chosen to put cats off.Peppa is right,choose larger gravel because of cats.
    I would imagine the cost of weed supressant membrane would be a good indicator of quality.
    I sent Mr V to a farming supplier for the very strong weed killer,he had to sign the poisons book.If you paid a landscape gardener to spray the area that would perhaps be easier.It is easy enough to lay the membrane and gravel but you need a good depth of gravel to be effective.As Kerri says an alternative would be a giant swimming pool!

Mr V is ok but still coughing.

Nic enjoy the rest of your holiday,did you decide not to move in the end?

Mrs I yay for conservatory roof.I hope your health is on the up now.x

RL has been insane here the last week.Hope things calm down now for a while.

We had a little bit of rain earlier.4th since April.

Vx
     :
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We had bouts of torrential rain yesterday, the ground is still bone dry today though.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Well done on the moving stuff Vulpix I expect now DS has stuff in one place he'll find it easier to sort (or not)

nic2075 It always seems so early for the kids going back to school in Scotland - of course they break up early but to me back to school always means the start of autumn.
    Well done on the LED tree - are all the blossom bits missing? Perhaps if it's only some you could move the others about to make it look more even, or remove them altogether? Our LED tree just has the lights (unless it was the blossom bits you specifically wanted?)

Forgot to say I also managed to get some gift bags (deff not needed) and some snow in a can in my 5 for £1 haul. We have a little snowman that we've had for many many years (one of the first xmas decs me and OH bought) and he's starting to look a bit bare in some places so I'm hoping a touch up with snow will make him look less naked.

I always feel ready for our holidays at the end of June, I don't think I could cope another month :rotfl:
    There is no blossoms at all. I think they must be in a bag seperate. The box had been opened, that's how the adapter was missing I think. I suppose it looks OK as it is, but it looked nice on the box with all he blossoms. It looked slightly less Christmassy with the flowers, which is nice for it to sit the full year.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • nic2075

Nic, if you cant get the blossoms, collect some plastic bottles and cut out the 'bobbles' on the base, flute the edges, put a hole in the centre and use them. Because they are led lights they wont get hot so not dangerous. (If you cut a cross rather than a hole in the bottom of the bobbles they will cling to the wire better). ,

What a great idea,I'll try this if i can't find any :T

[SIZE="2
    NIC aww the ballet play set sounds really cute. I love my led tree and have it on most of the year, I cant help it I just love fairy lights

me too. I usually have silver sticks with lights on at the door. But they aren't bright enough in the summer, and I'm usually in bed before its dark :rotfl: the tree should be brighter.
    vulpix wrote: »
    Nic enjoy the rest of your holiday,did you decide not to move in the end?
    Vx

thanks, trying to get all the last bits of school stuff organised and last minute visiting that we didn't manage to get in. No I decided to stay where I was for now. The house was nice, but just not the area I wanted to move to and felt it wasn't worth all the upheaval for the kids and their schools etc.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    nic2075 wrote: »
    There is no blossoms at all. I think they must be in a bag seperate. The box had been opened, that's how the adapter was missing I think. I suppose it looks OK as it is, but it looked nice on the box with all he blossoms. It looked slightly less Christmassy with the flowers, which is nice for it to sit the full year.

Ahh yes, sounds like that they might have been removed from the box then - they're prob in a corner in the stock room somewhere.

Are these any good? If not it might be worth a nose on there.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-50PCs-Lot-High-Quality-Made-Cherry-Tree-Use-34-18mm-Soft-Transpent-PVC-Cherry/32710258082.html

My SIL has an LED tree up all year (largely part to not taking it down in time one xmas and thus it has remained a permanent fixture) It is lovely and she changes it up a bit by hanging different things on it during the year - she has some lovely clear crystal type ornaments she hangs which look fab all year round, but you could also do things for easter (eggs / birds), fruits in the autumn etc. TK Maxx and Homesense often have lots of lovely seasonal items like that.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Kerri a massive massive thank you for my tinsel!! It has arrived today and now I am excited for December and doing my tree :rotfl: as know I will have enough now.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Kerri a massive massive thank you for my tinsel!! It has arrived today and now I am excited for December and doing my tree :rotfl: as know I will have enough now.

Glad I could help out, and it was looking for the tinsel that meant I also got some fab bargains so thank you too. :D Photos please come Dec :D:D
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Also pleased to say I managed to get a cheap walk in greenhouse for my mum today. I had asked lady in the garden centre at work if she had any at start of week and she hadnt got any but yesterday she came to me and said the night crew had cleared lots of stock from warehouse and one had appeared in her section so she had put it to one side for me to see if was right size. Luckily it was and was half price so with staff discount was only £18. Woohoo
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • nic2075
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Ahh yes, sounds like that they might have been removed from the box then - they're prob in a corner in the stock room somewhere.

Are these any good? If not it might be worth a nose on there.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-50PCs-Lot-High-Quality-Made-Cherry-Tree-Use-34-18mm-Soft-Transpent-PVC-Cherry/32710258082.html

My SIL has an LED tree up all year (largely part to not taking it down in time one xmas and thus it has remained a permanent fixture) It is lovely and she changes it up a bit by hanging different things on it during the year - she has some lovely clear crystal type ornaments she hangs which look fab all year round, but you could also do things for easter (eggs / birds), fruits in the autumn etc. TK Maxx and Homesense often have lots of lovely seasonal items like that.

Thank you, they look perfect. Says they are not available. But at least I know it's possible to buy them. I'll measure the led to make sure I get the right thing and have a good look.
    I like the idea of the Easter decorations etc to make it an all year round thing. My kids would love that.
  • Nipped into Clas Ohlson last night to try & pick up some luggage tags, didn't realise that it is closing next week so everything was 75% off (I NEVER manage to find deals like this!) Didn't get the tags as there was very little stock, but did manage to pick up a small tree with LED lights, a star with lights, 4 (!) packs of those silicone laces which the littlies can use instead of the regular ones, funky colours & some deer lights which can be attached to a zip (daft but useful Christmas gifts sorted), spent less than £10, so happy bunny!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure