First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    mrfoxy wrote: »
    ... We received a response July 5th ...
    And when was the original flight?
  • mrfoxy
    mrfoxy Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    peter_333 wrote: »
    In my recent experience, TAP are incredibly slow and useless. I've been waiting just under 12 weeks since I initially filed my claim through their website, and they haven't given me any answer yet.

Can I ask when you first filed your complaint, and hot long it took before you first reply?

My partner filed the complaint shortly after our cancelled flight on the 16th April. He received a response July 5th. We were offered travel vouchers for TAP or the Article 7 etc. We chose the compensation up to 600 Euros. On the 16th July they asked for his IBAN/BIC details and also said they can only make payments direct to the passenger, so asked him and said I must said them a print screen of my bank details.

I've sent my own banking details 3 times. And the funny thing is, I sent mine on the same day my partner sent his and yet he's received his compensation and I haven't received mine! I know they've received my e-mail as part of the ongoing case, as when I rang the TAP phone line, the gentleman on the phone read out my message which basically just said, I'm the other passenger on the flight, and wish for compensations to be paid directly to me, please find my banking details....

Today I've sent them a strongly worded e-mail as my patience is running thin. Very, very frustrated.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Today I've sent them a strongly worded e-mail as my patience is running thin. Very, very frustrated.

Hi mrfoxy,

Send them an LBA, details in Vaubans guide, details below here.

The start of the road to court should get their attention. Don't play letter ping pong with them any more, it could go on and on.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • peter_333
    peter_333 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Hi mrfoxy,

The start of the road to court should get their attention. Don't play letter ping pong with them any more, it could go on and on.

Good luck.

For reference, here is their UK office address:
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/BR000460

Of course, my LBA to that address went unanswered, but my fingers are crossed you have more luck. :-)
  • mrfoxy
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Hi mrfoxy,

Good luck.

Is this really worth doing though? As they've actually paid compensation to my partner..... It's just obviously they haven't paid it to me, despite asking me to send them a print screen... and then I've sent it 3 times!
  • peter_333
    Is this really worth doing though? As they've actually paid compensation to my partner..... It's just obviously they haven't paid it to me, despite asking me to send them a print screen... and then I've sent it 3 times!
    It's your choice. Either you give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for them to pay, or you advance the legal process of reclaiming the money.

There is a third option, and that is to utilise the Aviation ADR service (free disputes resolution service). It's a more tame option, if you feel full legal action isn't warranted, but you have reached a point where you no longer want to deal with their hassle.
  • mrfoxy
    peter_333 wrote: »
    It's your choice. Either you give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for them to pay, or you advance the legal process of reclaiming the money.

There is a third option, and that is to utilise the Aviation ADR service (free disputes resolution service). It's a more tame option, if you feel full legal action isn't warranted, but you have reached a point where you no longer want to deal with their hassle.

I spoke to them on the phone yesterday and they've said contact them by Friday if the money isn't in my account. I'll wait until Friday and then contact them. If no satisfactory response over the phone by Friday or a reply to my e-mails then I think I'll figure out my options. It's just ridiculous how they've paid one of us but not the other.

If I send them a letter using the guide (if they don't pay up), do I send that letter as an e-mail or to their headquarters in London or Lisbon or what?
  • peter_333
    If I send them a letter using the guide (if they don't pay up), do I send that letter as an e-mail or to their headquarters in London or Lisbon or what?
    The legal process goes one of two ways:
    1. If the company has a UK presence, then you can make a County Court Money Claim using a super convenient online system.
    2. If they have no UK presence, then you have to use a European claim system, which is a significant additional hassle.

Obviously, as TAP have a UK presence, then I'd use the UK small claims system, so send the letter to their UK address (it makes sense to be sending it to the local entity you'll be naming as the defendant in any potential legal action).
  • NandoDave
    NandoDave Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello.

In March, my flight with BMI regional was cancelled. The person at the airport stated it was due to a technical fault. I believe that the aircraft was actually used for a different flight and they chose to cancel and underbooked service. The weather was perfect for flying and all other flights were running at the airport. I was rebooked for the following day.

I raised a Resolver complaint as soon as possible and have been through the various escalations until it sent an email to the CAA on 23rd May. I have received no response from either BMI or the CAA.

Having decided Resolver was a lost cause, and BMI were probably just ignoring anything that comes from it, I went to send a query via the BMI website to them to ask for the compensation. Unfortunately I didn't see that there was a template for a letter on here until I had clicked send.

I just received an email auto-responder saying they are "working to a timeframe of 60 days for a reply".

Is there a quicker method of contact for BMI regional? Or do I just dig in for the long haul?

Dave
  • I was due to fly from San Fancisco to Dublin 6 weeks ago that was cancelled after the man towing the plane to the gate hit the terminal wall !!!!

The flight did not leave until a day & 1/2 later. I have applied to Aer Lingus for the mandatory €600 compensation. Its just gone past the max waiting time of 6 working weeks for a reply and still I can't get a response despite multiple claims it's been prioritised.

Is there any chance Aer Lingus try and claim this is an extraordinary event out of their control and refuse to pay the compensation?

Applied for compensation & I got an e-mail back today from Aer Lingus to say my claim had been approved. I just have to send them my bank details to get the €600 lodged to my account
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback