* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• Hope everyone is ok, welcome back newthrift.

I was gifted some wishing well Christmas cards from a friend who used to work in a card shop that was shut down. I’ve got my brothers, two aunt and uncle cards, and a few general cards all for free.

Free, Druzy agate and quartz pendants, I got them online they are backed in plated in gold and silver plating. But I didn’t want to make them Into jewellery so I’ve made them into tree decorations.
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Nic That's very harsh not being paid for the 'snow days'. :(

At my local authority, all buildings were closed for Thursday/Friday and it was declared on the website that staff would be given paid leave for this time if you were scheduled to work. Normal policy is that you are meant to attend your nearest local building but due to the terrible weather conditions all the office buildings were closed.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Hope everyone is ok, welcome back newthrift.

I was gifted some wishing well Christmas cards from a friend who used to work in a card shop that was shut down. I’ve got my brothers, two aunt and uncle cards, and a few general cards all for free.

Free, Druzy agate and quartz pendants, I got them online they are backed in plated in gold and silver plating. But I didn’t want to make them Into jewellery so I’ve made them into tree decorations.

Oh wow I have just had a look as I love crystals, they will look fab and sparkly on your Christmas tree :)
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Oh wow I have just had a look as I love crystals, they will look fab and sparkly on your Christmas tree :)

Free I love crystals too they are all around my flat. I agree they will look fab if I can work out how to upload photos I will try to put it up when I put them on my tree at Christmas.
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Wow it is very quiet on here, I hope everybody is ok xx
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    04624181 wrote: »
    Wow it is very quiet on here, I hope everybody is ok xx

All ok here - but rather busy in RL atm and didn't want to pop on without a decent message to folks. x... which I now haven't done :o:o
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    I was thinking the same thing 0462, I don’t think we’ve ever been so quiet. I keep popping on to read but I haven’t actually got much to say.

DH is still in hospital. We thought he was coming out at the weekend but he had a relapse on Saturday night so we’re in much the same position now as were a couple of weeks ago.

Not doing anything Christmassy but getting the urge to plant up some tubs which is a good sign. I’ve also got to rethink my bird feeding because they don’t seem to like my feeders or where I’ve put them so it’s going to be a bit trial and error. I bought premium bird seed from QVC so the little blighters are going to eat it if it kills me :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 March 2018 at 6:06PM
    Afternoon my christmassy friends :wave:

I haven't been on in a while as RL just keeps getting in the way!

Peppa, I hope your DH starts to get better soon :(

Well DH and I have both had our face to face for PIP reviews, really really hate them as the questions are just designed to get answers to not get you any award. The forms ask about mobility without pain or suffering, the F2F its just 'how far can you walk'. thankfully i've been here before so I know to word my answers to include how it affects me but new to claiming people wouldn't know that :( ESA forms have also finally been returned so now its just waiting for everyone to write back and tell us the outcomes :( not sure what is worse, going through the assessments or waiting for their response :(

Nothing christmassy still, i've very much lost my christmas mojo at the minute, I have put some money in the christmas envelope though from a couple of fleabay sales so I suppose thats something :o

Also got my full body MRI scan appointment for a week and a halfs time! Caccing myself ever so slightly! :eek:

Stay warm everyone, it is better than the snow out there but its still a bit chilly round here with the wind :)
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hiya, I think RL is getting in the way fora lot of us at the moment.I have had one thing after another since February and things have just started ( I hope)to calm down.

Peppa I do hope Mr P is on the mend.It's difficult for everyone to be in hospital so long.

My kids all seem to be on an even keel at the moment. My Mum has had a hospital appointment and found out the cause of her falls.She was over prescribed with blood pressure pills.So her BP was often in her boots causing her to black out. Fingers crossed it will be improved now.

Nothing whatsoever Christmassy to report. I had a pants birthday and a pretty grim Mothers day because I fell out with Mr V. He has redeemed himself somewhat now. On the bright side i am off out tomorrow with some friends for a birthday afternoon tea.

So to compensate for a miserable birthday I will aim to make Easter special. Sadly the weather forecast isnt great.

It's funny how so many of us on this thread have said we are cutting back on Christmas excess. Something I am doing all year now too.I have got rid of so much stuff from the house.I am in danger of being minimalist.

Vx
     :
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    ps Jakes Mum. Body scan is fine. I had my eyes firmly shut from when I lay on the table to when i came out again. I found the hardest part to keep still.I recommend to keep your eyes shut,I didnt feel claustrophobic at all.Good Luckxx
     :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport