PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I cycled yesterday and will run today.

B/F readybrek, fruit toast & flora, coffee
    Lunch, protein shake, yoghurt & granola, tea
    Tea haystacks (tortilla chips, chilli, salad, cheese, dressing), tea

snacks will be fruit and other drinks will be well diluted squash.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 November 2017 at 11:19AM
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your troubles TT, have a word with your bank as I'm sure there is help out there as Dolly84 says.

Knit Witch Weigh-in today and I'm over the moon with a 3.75lb loss and I've just dropped into the next stone down :j
    I tried really hard last week and it seems to have paid off. I did cheat at times, I had the odd glass of wine and more than a couple of pieces of chocolate that wern't in my plan, and one day I totally lost it and ate for England. All that said I'm so pleased that the weight has started to come off again after a couple of months of it being almost stagnant.
    I shall keep on my new routine and see what happens this coming week.

My new goal is to get below obese on the BMI charts and into the overweight category, just .5 of a point to go - maybe this week, or if not it should be next week. :D
  • TiredTrophy
    Options
    It's being abroad that's the problem. ..one must pay in advance for everything...oh well, I just have to find a way and then start saving again. Got flights with points so good start.
    Grandbaby is on it's way into the world which is lovely just now.

It snowed this morning. The sun is now out and it's gone.

Brunch....Chicken arvo roll
    D. Hm mushroom soup, roll and cheese.
    Lots of coffee
    S. Cocoa after rehearsal.
    E. Walk to village, hope to get to gym. Cleaned all the floors on my knees!
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    z well done on that loss and all the best with your health difficulties

hugs to tt and anyone else who is up against it

its baltic here and im struggling to find the energy to get off the sofa where it is warm
    onwards and upwards
  • Arrietty
    Options
    Hello,

thank you all for making me so welcome ... Monna you did make me giggle :) clearly, I'm in good compnay and I take my hat off to you with that vinegar list.

Great work on all those decluttered pounds :T

That surgery sounds rather daunting Zafiro but congratulations on that 3.lb loss - fantastic!

Really sorry to hear you're having such a hard time TiredTrophy, I really hope you find a way to solve the problems.

I escaped the weekend without a gain :j

Main reason being, we had farm sausages in a baguette for brunch and there were 3 left over and about a third of baguette.

Teen was at a party and stayed over so I decided to use up the remainder of the sausages, fry up an onion and the few musrooms left in the fridge and crammed it all in the remains of the baguette and then sat down to eat it in comfort on the sofa.

Started watching a series on Netflix, felt a bit sleepy so reclined a bit, then a bit more ....

... and 2 hours later I awoke from my food coma and was still far full too to even think about making a nice Gin & Tonic and opening that bag of Doritos I'd planned to accompany it :rotfl:

Still fairly full yesterday so had a picec of toast for lunch, a couple of digestives in the afternoon and then shepherds pie for dinner.

I've switched my scales to weigh in kgs as it's more precise than lbs and I'm ridiculously over excited by even the tinest loss which spurs me on.

The app I'm using updates the date I can expect to achieve my weight loss goal and there's nothing like it going from end of February to middle of May toget me back on track!

Porridge for breakfast with coffee
    Asparagus cup soup for lunch and trying out those Kingsmill Thins to try to satisfy my bread craving !

Will probably have a coffee and pack of mini biscuits mid afternoon as I'm doing a food shop tonight so need to not be ravenous.
    SAVER o:)
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Arrietty wrote: »
    Hello,

thank you all for making me so welcome ... Monna you did make me giggle :) clearly, I'm in good compnay and I take my hat off to you with that vinegar list.

Great work on all those decluttered pounds :T

That surgery sounds rather daunting Zafiro but congratulations on that 3.lb loss - fantastic!

Really sorry to hear you're having such a hard time TiredTrophy, I really hope you find a way to solve the problems.

I escaped the weekend without a gain :j

Main reason being, we had farm sausages in a baguette for brunch and there were 3 left over and about a third of baguette.

Teen was at a party and stayed over so I decided to use up the remainder of the sausages, fry up an onion and the few musrooms left in the fridge and crammed it all in the remains of the baguette and then sat down to eat it in comfort on the sofa.

Started watching a series on Netflix, felt a bit sleepy so reclined a bit, then a bit more ....

... and 2 hours later I awoke from my food coma and was still far full too to even think about making a nice Gin & Tonic and opening that bag of Doritos I'd planned to accompany it :rotfl:

Still fairly full yesterday so had a picec of toast for lunch, a couple of digestives in the afternoon and then shepherds pie for dinner.

I've switched my scales to weigh in kgs as it's more precise than lbs and I'm ridiculously over excited by even the tinest loss which spurs me on.

The app I'm using updates the date I can expect to achieve my weight loss goal and there's nothing like it going from end of February to middle of May toget me back on track!

Porridge for breakfast with coffee
    Asparagus cup soup for lunch and trying out those Kingsmill Thins to try to satisfy my bread craving !

Will probably have a coffee and pack of mini biscuits mid afternoon as I'm doing a food shop tonight so need to not be ravenous.

I am happy taking your weight loss in kg Arrietty - so no problems there! :T:T
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Arrietty … 3/8 :):):)
    BearPearSun … 0/4.4
    Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 7.48/13.2 :):):):):):):);)
    CathA … 0/4
    CRANKY40 … 4.5/7 :):):):);)
    Dandy-candy … 2/6 :):)
    Debbiedodge1737 … 4/14 :):):):)
    Dolly84 … 4/10 :):):):)
    Donnajt … 6.5/10 :):):):):):);)
    Dumpling …9/15 :):):):):):):):):)
    Florence J … 0/7
    Fuddle … 3/4 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … 5.7/12 :):):):):);):A
    Gresleyrover … +1.2/5 :(:p
    Karcher … 4/7 :):):):)
    Katiepants … 2/20 :):)
    Knit Witch … 5.26/10 :):):):):):A
    Lynnejk … 7/8 :):):):):):):)
    Maisie M … 3/14 :):):)
    MallyGirl … 0/6
    Monnagran … 2/5 :):)
    PJ1 … 3.5/11 :):):);)
    Sa1sysoo … +3/14 :(:(:(
    Short_bird … 0.5/6 ;)
    SIRENS … 7/16 :):):):):):):)
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 1/13 :)
    TiredTrophy … 1/10 :)
    Zafiro1984 … 9.75/14 :):):):):):):):):);):A

6 st 6.99 lb :j:j:j:j:j:j :):):):):):):)
    Must use my stash up!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TT, I hope you get things sorted. it's a difficult situation anyway and not easy when you are abroad.

Zafiro, Well done on the loss. I'm not really envious, the green tinged face is the result of eating too much lettuce..

Arrietty, I am in awe of everyone who can make sense of grams, litres and centigrade. I still work in old money. Speaking of which, I still amuse myself by translating decimal money into real money.
    " Thirteen shillings for a stamp? WHAAAT.?
    and most of my recipes are in pounds, ounces and teaspoons, except those from my dear mum, "Put in a good dollop till it looks right."

Anyway, For about the 4th week in a row I am STS.

Contrary to what you might think I am both delighted and relieved. If I got my just desserts I would have put on pounds. My guardian Angel must be on overtime.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have once again STS. I have had a very bad few days from Thursday to Saturday with the leg injury from hell (allergic reaction to the compression bandages, not the injury itself) so I'm quite happy to have not tried to eat myself through the minor trauma as much as I usually would.
  • Arrietty
    Options
    Thanks for the offer of recording my weight in kgs Knitwich that's very kind of you :) but if you don't mind, I'd rather stick with the stones and pounds because I don't really understand / relate to the kilos either :rotfl:

It's just that my scales only show pounds and stones on that setting so the tiny losses aren't so visible!

For example 10st 4lb is 65.31 kg and 10st 3lb is 64.86kg so if I lose half a pound my scales won't show it but they will show the grammes.

I'm just using anything to keep me motivated ... she said whilst munching on a Stem Ginger biscuit :whistle:

Have had a bit of shopping list trouble; brought a load of old paperwork in to the office to shred and stuck my shoping list on the front page so I'd remember it.

You can guess what happened next!
    SAVER o:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family