Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Comments

• Sounds like great progress. I do struggle with the concept of re-homing books but there are always some that would never want to read again if you look really hard. The tricky bit is to not get sidetracked by reading them all one last time.

It is hard losing books but I really want room for a shoe rack, my very own shoe rack :D. One day perhaps I'll have my very own wardrobe; I hate sharing with DH and having my clothes all squashed up :mad:.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,164 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    The benefit of living on my own is I have a whole wardrope to myself:p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    The benefit of living on my own is I have a whole wardrope to myself:p

That is a good benefit :)
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Must agree with beanie about the wardrobe benefits of living on one's own!:D. Though unfortunately in my case I currently have have clothes in five different sizes awaiting the dropping of weight!:o. Just as well it's only me living here!

Good going on the decluttering of books - redo is right in saying that there's always some that you won't re-read. The other charity shop Hairys will give them a good home though. :D. And how lovely to have more room for yourself in the bedroom!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • You always seem to have a lot of fun with your grandchildren Elizabeth, they must love visiting you :).

That's a lovely thing to say, thank you. It's only the one grandchild, nature being disobliging with the other daughter and SIL :(
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Just catching up, all sounds good. You've been very busy!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 July 2018 at 7:28PM
    I have been busy :D.

Yesterday morning I tackled our hedge which seemed to double in size while I was away. I spent a couple of hours pruning it back and finished around 11.00am by which time I was boiling hot. But the garden does look a lot neater :T.

After I recovered I did laundry and ironed some tops. Then my parents for dinner as usual.

Today I felt quite tired after yesterday, but luckily was sat in front of a computer all day. My shoe rack arrived and DH assembled it. I'm delighted with it :T it's bamboo and has four shelves for shoes. I'm really pleased with the quality and finish of the wood and quite a reasonable price for the quality I think :money:.

DH had to pick up bread and milk so not a NSD. I had a few PA surveys so doing well there.

I'm so thankful to hear about four more boys being rescued from the caves in Thailand. The international rescue effort makes me proud to be human :T unlike the yobbish antics of a small number of football supporters :mad:.

I hope everyone has had a good Monday :).
  • beanielou
    Also pleasedbeyond words about the further rescues :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou wrote: »
    Also pleasedbeyond words about the further rescues :)

It's such lovely news :). I hope the final four boys and the coach get out safely tomorrow.
  • beanielou
    It's such lovely news :). I hope the final four boys and the coach get out safely tomorrow.

So do I.
    I wonder how they chose who went in the first groups.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback