PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

JIL
JIL Posts: 8,659
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
Forumite
edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old style MoneySaving
There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...

Comments

• JIL
    Forumite
    I made salmon, bought before Christmas and frozen, it had a cheese and chive filling in it, with baby potatoes also bought before Christmas, tomatoes baked with the salmon, green beans and broccoli.

Three brandy snaps for afters.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    JIL wrote: »
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be brought back.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...

I'd love to tell you all about my lamb casserole, only I had chicken madras :rotfl:

I think it was Kerri having the lamb :)
  • JIL
    Forumite
    My apologies, I was never very good with names. I hope your Madras was good and I hope Kerri enjoyed her lamb. (Insert embarrassed smiley)
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My apologies, I was never very good with names. I hope your Madras was good and I hope Kerri enjoyed her lamb. (Insert embarrassed smiley)

No worries :)

My madras wasn't one of my best tbh. Mum has decided anything stronger then bland is going to poison her so for me it was pretty bleurgh
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,486
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Lamb, Salmon, Madras - who cares - they all sound lush :rotfl:

We are having HM burgers from freezer stash, with Sweet Potato fries, HM Coleslaw, no bun and only a couple of fries for me - will add a slice of Stilton as we still have a far bit, and add a salad to mine

I stopped adding pics as I thought it might have been bulking out the thread too much, and it still disappeared :o
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Lamb, Salmon, Madras - who cares - they all sound lush :rotfl:

We are having HM burgers from freezer stash, with Sweet Potato fries, HM Coleslaw, no bun and only a couple of fries for me - will add a slice of Stilton as we still have a far bit, and add a salad to mine

I stopped adding pics as I thought it might have been bulking out the thread too much, and it still disappeared :o

I miss your pics IM.

I wonder why the thread was deleted this time? :(
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,022
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Yes, it's a shame that the thread disappeared, I found it a valuable resource when I needed some inspiration!

Tonight we are having a penne pasta, tomato, red pepper and sausage cheesy bake thing (aka: 'using up some bits which need using up'), with pears in chocolate sauce for pud.
  • Last night we had a lovely roast chicken dinner, with roasted sweet potatoes instead of normal spuds. There's enough chicken left for a sandwich for lunch and the rest will be used in a sweet and sour stir fry tonight.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite

I did have lamb casserole - actually it was a portion of the one I made that I wasn't overly impressed with - had bought some stewing lamb from Asda but most of the weight was bone and very little lamb. Thought I'd used it all up but found a portion of casserole in the freezer. Anyway, had that with some rice / quinoa I'd opened the night before and some petit pois. So kind of a casserole soup (I'm sure there's a posh gastropub term for it that would cost a fortune on the menu). Filled a gap and made a gap in the freezer.

For pud I had some LO stewed peaches that were going to be a cobbler and never got cobbled (portion from the freezer) and some raspberries.

If Admin are going to archive the threads due to length (though I'm sure the old one wasn't that big) it would be nice to have some kind of pre-warning / notification so we could at least set up a new thread and put a link on the old one. (JIL thanks for setting this one up)

No idea about tonight - OH wants to do his own as he's still under the weather so he'll prob have soup. I have lots of stuff in the freezer that needs making into something so if I'm going to do that, I'll need to decide and get something out to defrost - it's very hard to brown a block of frozen mince :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Lunch today will be Wartime Oatmeal Soup with chicken for me and a sandwich with haslet for He Who Knows and supper this evening will be Wartime Vegetable Mince (minced beef and tomato sauce on steamed veg) followed by baked apples with mincemeat and custard.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback