FTB Aldermore

Options
2»

Comments

• FTBHere2018
    Options
    Thank you! Aye me and my partner are crossing everything lol
    Fingers crossed for you everything goes well, you buying a new build/older property?
  • CLARKR
    CLARKR Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    We are buying a new build, so we are hoping it goes through quicker!
  • CLARKR
    CLARKR Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi FTBHere2018!
    I just wanted to let you know that we had our Valuation on Monday and we received our offer yesterday! Yippee! Finger crossed it wont be long for you now! :)
  • FTBHere2018
    Options
    Congratulations!! So happy for you :)
    I'm praying it's today/tomorrow! :)
  • FTBHere2018
    Options
    Providing an update on this thread, we ran into a few hiccups, our solicitor wasn't approved on the panel for our lender, so we changed, but we're on our way now with searches, should exchange mid November :):):)
  • bronzebomber
    bronzebomber Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2018 at 1:18PM
    Options
    In the same boat here FTB with Aldermore glad I've found this thread as it's nice to know of others going through the same process.

10/10 AIP with Aldermore
    11/10 Offer made and accepted on house
    12/10 Full Application submitted through broker
    15/10 Broker asked for copies of our p60's and gifted deposit letter. Took them over Signed some paperwork and gave bank card details for the survey fees . Money for the survey came out within minutes of them having it.

Not heard anything since Monday afternoon so I guess things are progressing along and just waiting for the survey to complete but it's just all the waiting about wondering
  • mistertml
    Options
    Hi All

I have been following this post for a while and thought I'd share my experience. I am not a FTB but a mover so to speak. I have sold my property and currently living with family.

The house search has been ongoing since July 2017 but we only started looking "properly" once our house was sold in July of this year ie viewing properties and speaking to local EA regarding requirements.

So here goes...

Broker found - July 2018
    July 2018 - Experian credit report purchased and queried as we had some admin errors like maiden name used as a surname showing as an alias and then also the proper name also appearing as an alias?! a quick email to Experian fixed this.
    Aug 2018 - All docs submitted - Proof of ID, 3 months bank statements, 3 months payslips, P60 (this is a must, or March payslip), Any additional provided regarding payment history that may or may not come up.

1st Viewing - 26/10
    2nd viewing - 27/10

Offer Submitted - 29/10
    Offer Accepted - 30/10
    DIP Approved - 02/11
    Survey Paid - 02/11
    Valuation booked - 06/11 - (For 13/11 later cancelled :mad:)
    Full Application Submitted - 05/11
    Homebuyers Survey booked inc Valuation - 12/11
    Surveys completed - 19/11
    Valuation submitted - 20/11
    Offer Received - 21/11 :D

So we are over the moon now, we can start to plan our move as the vendors have no chain and are looking to move ASAP.

Just a heads up regarding solicitor requirements confirmed by Aldermore, as our original one had to be changed
    They have to:
    Have 4 SRA approved managers
    Be CQS accredited
    Be on the Law society website

I hope the above helps anyone going with Aldermore or just going through a mortgage app.

Have a Great Day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport